X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] Mortal Kombat X announced this morning

Following up on the leaks from retailers, Ed Boone announced on Twitter a few moments ago that Mortal Kombat X is indeed a real project. The game is expected to launch in 2015

• jeffx
    • Jun 2009

Not happy to hear about the return of those cheap X-Ray attacks. Hopefully there'll be an option to turn them off for online play.

They better return Sub-Zero to his MK3 greatness - give him back his speed and Ice Shower.

And bring back Reiko and Tanya!

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Considering I think I've played maybe two hours COMBINED of MK9 and Injustice, I'm not buying into the hype of this.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I agree with jeffx's point about the x-ray stuff, never cared for that and I hope that there is a way to disable it when it is released.

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

I like the idea of the X-Rays...they look really cool. But after seeing them a few times, they're more just a frustrating way to have the tide massively turn in the match.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I should clarify that it's not because either of those previous games or bad, or that this one will be, but that I am just not a fighter fan.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
              Grind.
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
              I like the idea of the X-Rays...they look really cool. But after seeing them a few times, they're more just a frustrating way to have the tide massively turn in the match.
              I enjoy playing with different characters and learning how best to combine the X-rays with chain combos.

So I enjoy them but at the same time when I'm playing against my brother or nephews the X-ray for them becomes a "panic button" almost. Some character's X-rays are way way to easy to land (Kung Lao) while others can sometimes be difficult, especially those that require the character to grab (Kano, Jax, Shang Tsung).

MK9 was their first attempt at a balanced, tournament style fighting game at that level. I am excited to see what the new one has and I hope to see some old characters return.

Comment

• jeffx
                • Jun 2009

X-rays are a cheap, gimmick move - I don't mind them against the cheesy CPU, but we should be able to turn them off vs human opponents. If I use them online it's by accident. IMO, it's a quick way for noobs to gain an advantage, and brag about how 'skilled' they are.

Comment

• Buzzman
                  • Oct 2008

I just dont like fighting games. Probaly because I suck at them.

Comment

• jeffx
                    • Jun 2009

Really getting psyched for this....

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

but Kung Lao Died...and...Robot..

...Fuk Continuity, just bring the Gore n Ima Rape bitches in KOTH

Comment

• jeffx
                        • Jun 2009

Just pre-ordered my copy.....April can't get here fast enough

Comment

• jeffx
                          • Jun 2009

Us PS3 playas have to wait until mid-June.....fuck, fuck, fuck

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                            • Feb 2009

^ that sucks.

MK is a franchise I absolutely love but never play. I just have ways hated the control scheme. Like left ,down , up , left X ...wtf if I press up I'm probably jumping.
                            The fatalities ways required you to be at the precise distance down to the mm. Just an awful experience for me. I prefer Street Fighters quarter/half/full circle ,Hold back to charge type of controls especially since they make character switching super simple. MK I spend half the match pausing and looking at the moves menu.
                            I just end up watching YT videos of the cut scenes. It's such a damn beauty if series. The art and sound direction along with backdrop premises have always been the best of any fighting games. I just wish I wasn't so damn atrocious.
                            Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• jeffx
                              • Jun 2009

MK's up-down-left-right control, system has always been easier for me than Tekken's. I'm a below-average Tekken player but I can rock MK - go figure.

Comment

Working...