X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckeye
    Noob
    • Dec 2013

EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Drops A Bomb

A somewhat expected announcement at E3 turned into a bit of a surprise for the the hardcore sim golfing community. EA SPORTS showed a trailer for their successor to the Tiger Woods franchise in EA SPORTS PGA TOUR. The first few second of the trailer started off as suspected: a panned shot of a deer, freshly watered fairways, an alligator swimming in the lake on the edge of the fairway... a beautiful shot of the club house; you know, typical golf video game scenery.

Then the team at EA Tiburon Studio brought the noise. We knew the new Golf Franchise would be using the Frostbite engine but we didn't realize that they would be using battelships in a golf game! What we saw was a bombed out battleship crashing into a small island as a tee shot flies overhead... upon further inspection the "course" you are on is none other than Parcel Storm from the Battlefield 4 Series! Apparently not only do we get real PGA courses, we will also hav some amazing scenery in some fantasy courses.

A bold move for sure but one thing is for certain: IF EA SPORTS PGA TOUR 15 brings the same sim style golf that it's predecessor brought to the table... it doesn't matter where it's played. Give us great golf, online clubs, online tournaments and amazing scenery... real life or fantasy; many long time fans will be waiting for the game with great anticipation.

• kingbryk
    Noob
    • Jan 2014

I think its a great idea. As long as i dont have to buy everyone of these courses (which i know i will have too). So wont be buy the game they forces you to spend more money to enjoy it longer than a month.
    sigpic

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

I'm sure there will be plenty of DLC for courses. They usually have quite a bit on the actual game though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

I am very intrigued. Are we looking at a release this year, or next year? Interesting that they put the fantasy courses in the game, but I read a good article over the weekend in the Washington Post about how golf is trying to expand it's reach after the boom period in the late 90's/early 00's. Adding those fantasy courses to the game is a small way to do that. Considering how some other golf games have been successful without real players/courses, I am interested to see what they do here.

Comment

• buckeye
          Noob
          • Dec 2013

Next Spring (2015)

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

I had the opportunity to speak with Mike DeVault today. He was one of the devs on the Tiger Woods series we interviewed back in '12. He wants to get us in the loop for this game as it moves forward.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Count me in, it's been a while since I've played TW but I'm down for it

Comment

• buckeye
                Noob
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by MrBill
                I had the opportunity to speak with Mike DeVault today. He was one of the devs on the Tiger Woods series we interviewed back in '12. He wants to get us in the loop for this game as it moves forward.
                I hope so. I have a very good relationship with Justin Patel (dev) and Coleman (their CM).

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by buckeye
                  I hope so. I have a very good relationship with Justin Patel (dev) and Coleman (their CM).

DeVault is also the guy working on the free golf game that EA released for mobile products in Canada last month and in the US today.

Comment

• manchild24
                    Kyle got fired
                    • Nov 2008

Why??? I am a purist with this game I can say I don't like it one bit. What's next?you play madden and a tank shots your WR as he crosses goal line

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by manchild24
                      Why??? I am a purist with this game I can say I don't like it one bit. What's next?you play madden and a tank shots your WR as he crosses goal line
                      Are you also a purist with golf itself? If so, what are your thoughts on footgolf?

Comment

• buckeye
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2013

I completely get that perspective as well and part of me shares those sentiments.

I play most every golf game on the market. My thoughts are if they can provide a great pure golf experience as good as or better than Tiger Woods 14 AND add in some arcade stuff on the side to bring in more people then have at it.

As long as they aren't forcing folks to play "Hot Shots Golf" rather than simulation golf then it is fine in my eyes.

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

I want to play a realistic game of golf, so I hope that I can do that ... but I'm ok if there's a separate mode to play with battleships. Just make sure I have my 15-20 real courses and a great career mode.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• manchild24
                            Kyle got fired
                            • Nov 2008

PGA is one game I look forward to every year. Fight night was the same and then they ruined that with the story mode crap. I love games where you have a player start at at the bottom and have to build himself up and fight through the ranks. Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to wwe 2k15, you start your career at the bottom and move through NXT and up the roster.

I just hope EA didnt skimp out on something else in the game just so a periscope can pop up through the hole when I putt.

Comment

• buckeye
                              Noob
                              • Dec 2013

PGA is one game I look forward to every year. Fight night was the same and then they ruined that with the story mode crap. I love games where you have a player start at at the bottom and have to build himself up and fight through the ranks. Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to wwe 2k15, you start your career at the bottom and move through NXT and up the roster.

I just hope EA didnt skimp out on something else in the game just so a periscope can pop up through the hole when I putt.
                              I doubt they will be able to say anything yet but as soon as they can talk we will have some of the devs over here to talk about it.

Comment

Working...