• MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Good work Sim! I think I saw that happening in real time

Comment

• albidnis
      GFX Crew
      • Nov 2008

Great video..I know some will not like it but I love all the data on the screen

Comment

• jms493
        • Feb 2009

I see I will still need to turn off the announcers...

Comment

• j.hen
          Self Care
          • Oct 2008

I noticed what was pointed out at the end right away too. Looks much more natural for sure.

But somehow Marshawn Lynch is lighter skinned than Russell Wilson still. Why does EA continue to make Russ that rich dark chocolate when we all know he's more of a more milk than chocolate milk chocolate? C'mon. And he still has his player portrait from his rookie year. Dude looks nothing like that now.

Comment

• Golden Taters
            RIP West
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
            I noticed what was pointed out at the end right away too. Looks much more natural for sure.

But somehow Marshawn Lynch is lighter skinned than Russell Wilson still. Why does EA continue to make Russ that rich dark chocolate when we all know he's more of a more milk than chocolate milk chocolate? C'mon. And he still has his player portrait from his rookie year. Dude looks nothing like that now.
            According to OS, the Madden team is looking to fix the skin tones of these two guys specifically.

Comment

• number_55
              No longer a noob
              • Jan 2012

We can change camera angles pre snap?

Comment

• buckeye
                Noob
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by number_55
                We can change camera angles pre snap?
                Yeah, on the D-Pad. Also can user player lock as well presnap. Hell you can changes camera angles during the play of you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• number_55
                  No longer a noob
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by buckeye
                  Yeah, on the D-Pad. Also can user player lock as well presnap. Hell you can changes camera angles during the play of you want.

That is a cool new feature.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                    Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                    • Jul 2010

too bad nobody gonna use it for our leagues.
                    3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• buckeye
                      Noob
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                      too bad nobody gonna use it for our leagues.
                      I think you will find many folks will use the zoomed in cam on run plays and the backed out can on passing plays.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                        Grind.
                        • Nov 2008

I already see holes but that's the game and it's always going to be that way. I do think it's interesting how you note "improvement" within the interactions between the ball carrier and defenders during Harvin's kick return.

"We Know in Madden 25 usually when there's a double hit tackle the second guy, or the first guy rather, usually gets blown off or thrown off when impact is made. Look at what happens here, they stay more connected and they all kind of fall in a more realistic fashion. hmmm, interesting."

The reason I think it's interesting is because you yourself have slowed the video down to detail something that isn't actually there.

Primarily the funniest thing in this interaction is it involved a certain Navarro Bowman, the player who first made contact with Harvin, who is listed on the 49er's official website at 242 pounds. The second player involved, #51 Dan Skuta, is listed at 250 pounds. The last 49er involved is #49, Fullback Bruce Miller, who is listed on the 49ers official website at 6-2 248 pounds. And Finally you have William Percival Harvin III, who is listed on the Seattle Seahawks official website at 184 pounds.

We've got 740 lbs in 49er's colors running down hill full speed and the 184 pound Seattle player falls forward. Bowman makes first contact and after the second defender makes contact his role in this play is neutralized. He does exactly what you say they "used" to do in Madden 25, which is fall on his ass and more or less get "blown off" by Harvin. even with Bowman making first contact and his hit playing the "cleanup" role, #51 Dan Skuta falls backwards hanging on for dear life. And finally, our fullback Bruce Miller runs into Harvin as well but makes no attempt to tackle and rolls off of Harvin in explosive fashion.

Football is a game of inches, this is conventional wisdom. You slowing this down and noting that this interaction is a "good" thing couldn't be further from the truth. Rather, this is a better example of a seriously damning issue within this game, which is the fact it still does not respect momentum, player weight, strength, and ability. It is just simply not possible for a 184 pound man to fall forward when he has 740 pounds coming at him.

This is an ugly interaction that does not respect progression (Bowman still falls on his ass and is no part of the play), Physics (740 vs 184), or the game (one of inches).

I could point out other things but it's not fair to do that based off of three plays from a game that may not be completed (but probably is) and is being played on a lower difficulty.

I guess we can que the generic cliché responses of "three year build", "it's getting better", "wait until next year" now.

Comment

• buckeye
                          Noob
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ThunderHorse
                          I already see holes but that's the game and it's always going to be that way. I do think it's interesting how you note "improvement" within the interactions between the ball carrier and defenders during Harvin's kick return.

Primarily the funniest thing in this interaction is it involved a certain Navarro Bowman, the player who first made contact with Harvin, who is listed on the 49er's official website at 242 pounds. The second player involved, #51 Dan Skuta, is listed at 250 pounds. The last 49er involved is #49, Fullback Bruce Miller, who is listed on the 49ers official website at 6-2 248 pounds. And Finally you have William Percival Harvin III, who is listed on the Seattle Seahawks official website at 184 pounds.

We've got 740 lbs in 49er's colors running down hill full speed and the 184 pound Seattle player falls forward. Bowman makes first contact and after the second defender makes contact his role in this play is neutralized. He does exactly what you say they "used" to do in Madden 25, which is fall on his ass and more or less get "blown off" by Harvin. even with Bowman making first contact and his hit playing the "cleanup" role, #51 Dan Skuta falls backwards hanging on for dear life. And finally, our fullback Bruce Miller runs into Harvin as well but makes no attempt to tackle and rolls off of Harvin in explosive fashion.

Football is a game of inches, this is conventional wisdom. You slowing this down and noting that this interaction is a "good" thing couldn't be further from the truth. Rather, this is a better example of a seriously damning issue within this game, which is the fact it still does not respect momentum, player weight, strength, and ability. It is just simply not possible for a 184 pound man to fall forward when he has 740 pounds coming at him.

This is an ugly interaction that does not respect progression (Bowman still falls on his ass and is no part of the play), Physics (740 vs 184), or the game (one of inches).

I could point out other things but it's not fair to do that based off of three plays from a game that may not be completed (but probably is) and is being played on a lower difficulty.

I guess we can que the generic cliché responses of "three year build", "it's getting better", "wait until next year" now.
                          That's where there is always a disagreement.

We have a groups of folks on one hand who see outcomes between 2 football players are see various possible scenarios. Then we have another group who only see one possible outcome.

Saying that X player is faster than Y player therefore he should always outrun him is flawed thinking.

Saying X player is smaller than Y, A, B players so therefore he can't fight and fall forward for a yard is also heavily flawed thinking.

I just did a quick YouTube search of NFL footage and saw the same scenario several times of a smaller guy being gang tackled and falling forward...

We see the exact same scenario depicted in the video as we do in the NFL every Sunday. It's not perfect and it's far from it but we can't use linear thinking that doesn't account for variables.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                            • Jul 2010

i dont think EA is worried about developing games that apply to the Laws of Physics
                            3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                              Grind.
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by buckeye
                              That's where there is always a disagreement.

We have a groups of folks on one hand who see outcomes between 2 football players are see various possible scenarios. Then we have another group who only see one possible outcome.

Saying that X player is faster than Y player therefore he should always outrun him is flawed thinking.

Saying X player is smaller than Y, A, B players so therefore he can't fight and fall forward for a yard is also heavily flawed thinking.

I just did a quick YouTube search of NFL footage and saw the same scenario several times of a smaller guy being gang tackled and falling forward...

We see the exact same scenario depicted in the video as we do in the NFL every Sunday. It's not perfect and it's far from it but we can't use linear thinking that doesn't account for variables.

Really?

Please link us to these videos of sub 190 lb receivers running over three time all pro Middle Linebackers before fighting and falling forward for the extra inches after taking on another middle linebacker and a fullback who bangs with LB's every day.

Maybe he knocked Bowman unconscious and that's why he didn't bother wrapping up.

Even if you want to argue that the physics end of this holds up because it's possible (It's not with three guys coming clean like that), Bowman isn't a bitch, Percy Harvin is not running head up with that man and winning. But hey Maybe Seattle should go ahead and start giving Percy more carries out of the backfield. As evidenced by the "realism" shown here as noted by our community developer and also your stated youtube videos.

That interaction was ugly. For someone to slow it down and act like there's a positive in there is just denial.
                              Last edited by ThunderHorse; 07-15-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...