X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Handleit_44
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

[XB1] Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Since nobody put up a thread for this...

Blur CG remastered Halo 2 cutscenes:

Comparison:

Ascension comparison:

Campaign comparison:

Menus:

• Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

That looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy. I still can't believe this is only going to be $60.

Comment

• Bane
      Noob
      • Oct 2012

Can't fucking wait..

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

I might have to get the wife her own XBOne and a copy of this. She played Halo 2 like it was her job.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

This is a much better package deal than I expected. I expect I'll be playing Halo exclusively when this comes out.

Any chance the Halo 2 maps still come loaded with super jumps

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

I had session with the executive producer this afternoon. Posted a few quick hits to the Twitter account. I'll post more in here after I get back home.

Comment

• Golden Taters
              RIP West
              • Jul 2009

Might be a dumb question, but does Halo 3 and Halo 4 have upgraded graphics as well?

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Moist
                Might be a dumb question, but does Halo 3 and Halo 4 have upgraded graphics as well?
                Other than running at 1080p/60fps, no.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                  Other than running at 1080p/60fps, no.
                  Really? Bah.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Moist
                    That's what I've seen and led to believe. They are throwing the term around as "remastered"

Also, you get an invitation to the multiplayer beta for Halo 5 if you get this game.

Thinking about the relatively low price tag, this is a great game to try and move consoles. If anyone has yet to experience X-Box and/or Halo, what better way to do it then to purchase the console, and get four games and multiplayer for $60? I have to think that is the reason they are launching everything together, and not trying to space it out.

Comment

• MrBill
                      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                      • Feb 2009

One if the cool things about this to me is that you can go back to the original graphics at any time with a single press of a button.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MrBill
                        One if the cool things about this to me is that you can go back to the original graphics at any time with a single press of a button.
                        Halo Anniversary did that as well. I thought for nostalgia purposes, it was great, but I maybe played 10 minutes with it like that before I switched to the newer graphics. The only time I went back was when I had people over and they asked about it, so I let them play a few games.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

LOL. I texted the wife last night and told her it would probably be a good idea to get her her own console and a copy of this game. She said "I'm not too pressed." Yeah, wait until November...

Back in the day, before I had a wireless adapter for the OG Xbox, I would come home from work and if she was off I'd always find her playing Halo 2. I'd go up to the office to check the goings on of the internet and the fucking modem would be unplugged because she had it hooked up to the Xbox.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                            PTFO
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz

Any chance the Halo 2 maps still come loaded with super jumps
                            From what I read on reddit, someone from 343i said superjumps had been inadverantly removed, for the most part, due to the texture updates.

I believe that is has happened, because landing on 2 textures at once was what allowed the superjumps to happen and there was no way for them to patch it back in the day.

However, the guy from 343i said that they had not been completely eliminated.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                              From what I read on reddit, someone from 343i said superjumps had been inadverantly removed, for the most part, due to the texture updates.

I believe that is has happened, because landing on 2 textures at once was what allowed the superjumps to happen and there was no way for them to patch it back in the day.

However, the guy from 343i said that they had not been completely eliminated.
                              I always heard that story differently. I remember reading somewhere that Bungie purposefully left them in the game because they were being rushed by Microsoft to complete the game.

For nostalgia purposes, you've got to leave them in I think.

Comment

Working...