X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckeye
    Noob
    • Dec 2013

Predicting #The5 Most used Teams in Madden NFL 15

As we inch closer and closer to the start of the NFL season, we start to think about the teams we want to us in Madden NFL 15. With all of the moves in free agency and the young guys coming in via the NFL Draft, #The5 focuses on my predictions for the top 5 most used teams in Madden NFL 15.

#5 Cleveland Browns

The obvious applies here… Johnny Football is in town and we know a fast Quarterback is the rage these days. He will be throwing the ball to All-World WR Josh Gordon and Pro Bowl TE Jordan Cameron. In the backfield they acquired solid running back Ben Tate and drafted a freight train named Terrance West.

Beyond that Cleveland has a very stout defense that features one of the top CB’s in the league in Joe Haden, top rookie CB Justin Gilbert, Pro Bowl Safety Donte Whitner. Up front the Browns feature one of the best front 7′s in the league. Defensive Linemen Phil Taylor, Ahtyba Rubin, and Desmond Bryant rotate along the line to shut down the interior run game. Pass rushers Kike Mingo, Paul Kruger, and Jabaal Sheard bring the heat off the outside and in the middle this year is Karlos Dansby whom they signed from Arizona after a defensive MVP-caliber season.

#4 San Francisco 49ers

The rich get richer and in the Madden world that means a gold rush for online players. Colin Kaepernick was already one of the most used players in Madden but now you add in several more offensive targets and you have another year of everyone wanting to use the 49ers. San Francisco acauired WR Stevie Johnson from the Bills during the draft. Add him to the receiving corps that already features Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree along with speedy TE Vernon Davis and you have a powder-keg of big plays. The backfield got some love as well. What may have already been the deepest backfield in the NFL with Frank Gore and LaMichael James added rookie Carlos Hyde who can carry multiple defenders up the field.

Defensively the 49ers were already one of the fastest and most aggressive defenses in the league. They even lost a few players this off season but that didn’t seem to stop them as they just reloaded more talent. They replaced Donte’ Whitner with aging Antoine Bethea who may be getting older but still has plentyof legs. The majority of the defense is still set with guys by the name of Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks. That’s a lot of horsepower to bring to the table, get ready to see these guys a whole lot in Madden NFL 15.

Read the rest of the article here
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

One of the issues I've had with the Madden NFL game recently, through no fault of EA or the Development team obviously, is the fact there's only 32 teams and the best of those teams are the ones you will see when playing online.

I lack peers in real life who play this game and those that do, have it on the other console. So when I want to play this game against a Human opponent and I am not part of a league. I have to go the quick match or lobby route through online.

Obviously you are going to encounter a certain type of player going that route, but what has always stuck out to me is you always end up playing the same teams. It's either Seattle or San Francisco. Every other year it's the same thing, I can't think of a more ridiculous year than Madden 08 when everyone seemed to only use the Patriots. I remember back on the PS2 and original xbox for the lobby guys and ranked match guys the weaker team you used earned you more points. I remember playing Madden 06 and encountering a lot more variety online because a lot of the best players would use the weaker teams to cash in on the extra points.

Maybe they should look into doing something like that again, or maybe it's never changed but the user base for the game has.

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ThunderHorse
      One of the issues I've had with the Madden NFL game recently, through no fault of EA or the Development team obviously, is the fact there's only 32 teams and the best of those teams are the ones you will see when playing online.

I lack peers in real life who play this game and those that do, have it on the other console. So when I want to play this game against a Human opponent and I am not part of a league. I have to go the quick match or lobby route through online.

Obviously you are going to encounter a certain type of player going that route, but what has always stuck out to me is you always end up playing the same teams. It's either Seattle or San Francisco. Every other year it's the same thing, I can't think of a more ridiculous year than Madden 08 when everyone seemed to only use the Patriots. I remember back on the PS2 and original xbox for the lobby guys and ranked match guys the weaker team you used earned you more points. I remember playing Madden 06 and encountering a lot more variety online because a lot of the best players would use the weaker teams to cash in on the extra points.

Maybe they should look into doing something like that again, or maybe it's never changed but the user base for the game has.
      I couldn't like this post anymore... Great stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• Realist
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThunderHorse

Problem with that is you're punishing guys who are actually fans of the team. If you, Thunderhorse or buckeye, enjoy playing with your teams, by his suggestion, you wouldn't take a hit in points. But if i play with my favorite team, i do. Doesn't really seem fair does it?

Comment

• buckeye
          Noob
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Realist
          Problem with that is you're punishing guys who are actually fans of the team. If you, Thunderhorse or buckeye, enjoy playing with your teams, by his suggestion, you wouldn't take a hit in points. But if i play with my favorite team, i do. Doesn't really seem fair does it?
          Not necessarily. I play Madden for the enjoyment of the game of football, not for points or winning or losing. So if i want to use a higher rated team I know that going in and its not really a "penalty"

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

They could always just allocate points based on how good each team is in relation to the other. I didn't play PS2 madden online but if you're the 49ers online and you're playing the Jags and you win you should get very little points while if the Jags win should get a substantial amount more. To me anything else seems unfair.

Comment

• Realist
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso
              They could always just allocate points based on how good each team is in relation to the other. I didn't play PS2 madden online but if you're the 49ers online and you're playing the Jags and you win you should get very little points while if the Jags win should get a substantial amount more. To me anything else seems unfair.
              So again, they're punished for using their fav team and forced to play with a bad team because a jags fan wants to use his favorite team? You dont think it's unfair to a real 49er or Seahawks fan? Not that any of this matters to me cause i rarely play random games anymore (and trying to get some conversation going) but i dont really call it 'fair' if it's a matter of weighing playing with your fav team vs. a team you don't want to play with and the points you get.

So, if a game is played that had, say, the 49ers vs Seahawks. Would that game be worth the same amount if those 2 players played Jags vs Browns?

Comment

• Realist
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by buckeye
                Not necessarily. I play Madden for the enjoyment of the game of football, not for points or winning or losing. So if i want to use a higher rated team I know that going in and its not really a "penalty"

I'm the same way. I dont keep up with points or rankings. I'm just speaking for those that do and would like to use their favorite team that happens to be good most of the time.

Good thread btw

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                  Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                  • Jul 2010

who plays random games now anyway??
                  3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• buckeye
                    Noob
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x

who plays random games now anyway??
                    A lot of bums online

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

So again, they're punished for using their fav team and forced to play with a bad team because a jags fan wants to use his favorite team? You dont think it's unfair to a real 49er or Seahawks fan? Not that any of this matters to me cause i rarely play random games anymore (and trying to get some conversation going) but i dont really call it 'fair' if it's a matter of weighing playing with your fav team vs. a team you don't want to play with and the points you get.

So, if a game is played that had, say, the 49ers vs Seahawks. Would that game be worth the same amount if those 2 players played Jags vs Browns?
                      It would just take you more games to get to the next skill level than it would of someone using a lesser team. Fairest thing in the world.

Comment

• Realist
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso
                        It would just take you more games to get to the next skill level than it would of someone using a lesser team. Fairest thing in the world.
                        You still didn't answer the question about the teams.

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

You still didn't answer the question about the teams.
                          If I could have it my way I'd say yes. I'd have it based on the difference in OVR between teams. So a 93 vs a 91 would be the same as a 76 vs a 74 team.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                            Grind.
                            • Nov 2008

Seems fair enough to me.

If you want to use the best team in the game every match you play, you should have to do more and win more in order to prove you're really higher on the ladder than folks who use weaker teams. If your main concern is your rank, then that is the game you have to, and should, play.

If your main concern is using your favorite team, then use your favorite team and win more games if you want to be a highly ranked player.

Nobody is getting punished for using a better team but they are being rewarded for using weak ones. Which is a good thing imo because it promotes more variety online. I can say for a fact that when I played Madden 06 on my Xbox I would run across the Eagles a lot, but I'd also play other teams often and even won the award for beating all 32 teams. (do people even use all 32 teams online anymore?)

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                              Wakka Wakka
                              • Dec 2008

Denver number 1? No way the Seahawks are easily #1 followed by the 49ers
                              THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

Working...