Noob
    • Dec 2013

Sweet!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

Not necessarily "new" news but hey I will take it.

Comment

• TimsGiants
        18 and 1
        • Mar 2009

looks awesome until they get to the qb...baby tackling...wheres the killshots?

Comment

• buckeye
          Noob
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TimsGiants
          looks awesome until they get to the qb...baby tackling...wheres the killshots?
          I doubt we see that...

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
            • Jul 2010

gonna be lotta manual DL controlling.....
            so much for controlling the LB and FS/S days
            3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Golden Taters
              RIP West
              • Jul 2009

Outside some of those tackle animations I liked what I saw. Hopefully we can turn the button prompts off in the menus.

With new work done to the DL, I'm eager to see if the Defensive Ends are balanced, the LE was way more useful than the RE in past games. Also wish they would show more of the interior lineman, a true presence in the middle is something Madden has never got right. I wonder if dominant 3-4 nose tackles will play like one.

Comment

• buckeye
                Noob
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Golden Taters
                Outside some of those tackle animations I liked what I saw. Hopefully we can turn the button prompts off in the menus.

With new work done to the DL, I'm eager to see if the Defensive Ends are balanced, the LE was way more useful than the RE in past games. Also wish they would show more of the interior lineman, a true presence in the middle is something Madden has never got right. I wonder if dominant 3-4 nose tackles will play like one.
                Yes you can turn the button prompt off.

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

Bump for rams since he missed this yesterday afternoon

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                    Grind.
                    • Nov 2008

I like how they are allowing users to stuff running lanes and also set up moves by using momentum and pushing offensive lineman to the left or right.

It's not the first time it's been done, 2K had this years ago, but hopefully this puts more emphasis on defenses controlling gaps at the LOS and maybe even makes that 34 Nose Tackle's play actually matter.

It would be really nice to see a football game that respects 2 gap defensive lineman.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                      Nasty
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                      gonna be lotta manual DL controlling.....
                      so much for controlling the LB and FS/S days
                      Yeah, the amount of people who play DL all game was already ridiculous.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                        Yeah, the amount of people who play DL all game was already ridiculous.
                        yup;
                        everybody in the East/West Room control a DL. i cant recall ANY that i have come across that dont.
                        only place that Users LBs/FSs/Ss; is here on VSN aka MM and other MM offsprings.

EA really trying to attract younger kids and non-enthusiasts
                        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                          Grind.
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                          EA really trying to attract younger kids and non-enthusiasts
                          That much has become increasingly clear for the last few years.

On one hand you expect it, because the product plateaued and competition proved that it wasn't really worth what EA was telling us it was worth. It's pretty amazing in hindsight to consider what really happened in 2004. 2K released a product on equal ground to EA's, a legitimate and strong competitor, for such a bargain price. EA was forced to drop the price of Madden and still 2K5 was the better deal for $20. We see the exclusive happen immediately after, and now we're all (or maybe I should say you all) are paying $60 for an annual release with minimal to moderate improvements.

It's not a monopoly because the NFL owns it's own brand, and they can choose to exclusively license out that brand to anyone the deem worthy.

As the years have passed my thing is this, and this is why I'm probably going to keep my 360 forever just to play all-pro. The NFL is big money and is constantly trying to find new revenue streams and new ways to grow. One of those ways is to push their brand and their product through their "official" video game. Personally I don't think it's in the NFL's best interest, much less EA's, to make a hardcore game that would turn away casual or potentially new fans. Those of us that are hardcore football fans will still buy tickets and the television packages to watch their product regardless of how we feel about the video game. However there's probably lots of people out there who don't watch football that will try Madden and enjoy the manufactured big plays and excitement and then look for that in the NFL's real life product. There are a lot of younger people out there and children who have not had enough to time to understand and learn the real life game as well, and giving them a medium that is accessible to learn more about their product and possibly form attachments to players or franchises has to be a great way to grow.

The sad thing is EA sells this game as if it's the hardcore deep football game that even the most ignorant fan can pick up, but It can't be both and it's not. It's the casual game that is accessible by the masses. Those pining for a more hardcore experience that offers deeper gameplay and more realism in every facet of the game, are just out of luck, because it probably isn't in the interest of either party, the NFL or EA, to make a game for them.

I'll just note that there's nothing wrong with having a product of this nature. It's just tough for the demographic out there looking for more in the product. Especially considering the progress seen in the 2K series and others as well.

Back in the day there was a game for everyone. You could play 2K, you could play Madden, you could play Gameday, you could play QB Club, and if you just wanted to have fun, you could even play NFL blitz.

Comment

Working...