• Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

[PS4] Silent Hills (P.T. Demo)

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro team up for next Silent Hill game

Originally posted by GameSpot

Among the games announced during Sony's Gamescom press conference today was P.T., a new horror game for PlayStation 4 from 7780s Studio. Alongside the reveal of the game, Sony announced a demo of sorts would be released today. It's out now on the PSN store, and it comes with a curious warning: "Avoid playing if you have a heart condition."

But the real hook, as discovered by Twitch streamer SoapyWarPig (via NeoGAF), is that it's actually a trailer for the next Silent Hill game. And while it doesn't list specific roles, it has some real surprises in its credits: Hideo Kojima, who trolled everyone right before the presentation with gameplay of Metal Gear Solid V's Big Boss in a box, and Guillermo del Toro are both involved with development.

After the two names are shown, a character played by Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus walks on-screen before the Silent Hill name appears. That, in turn, becomes the apparent name of the project: Silent Hills.
    ***No idea if this is exclusive or not, but the demo is only on the PS4 and no other platforms are listed, so I'm leaving the [PS4] tag for the time being***

• Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Completely awesome from what I played tonight. Atmosphere is fantastic and I about shit my pants a few times. There's some think involved as well which is great. I'm at the end where I need to trigger the phone call, but I can't figure it out and gave up for tonight. Maybe I'll try to finish tomorrow. At the moment, nobody really knows how to trigger it for sure and it seems to be completely random.

Comment

• Nucking Futs
      Word Life
      • Jul 2010

I really really hope this isn't exclusive..

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Fucking brilliant reveal btw.

Reveal something called "P.T." and have a teaser on PSN. People finally figure out that it's actually Kojima and Del Toro's teaser to Silent Hill. Then you have a game experience that has an incredible atmosphere of scares and thought provoking puzzles. The game becomes frustrating (on purpose) due to puzzles and how to trigger events. Because of these difficult aspects, people are now discussing it like crazy trying to figure out the sure-fire way to trigger the final event (one of NeoGAF's two threads is 50+ pages already). Hell, at one point I had 100 people on my Twitch channel trying to help me come up with the solution.

Oh... and then there's the character reveal at the end...

Kojima

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

I can't stand this game. I had to quit because I think I was slowly starting to lose my mind trying to figure out what the hell to do. I'll probably watch some walkthrough videos tomorrow and give it a second try.

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I played this for what seemed like an hour about a week ago and got bored. It was definitely one of the creepiest "games" I've ever played but I just got sick of the constant looping over and over. I have no idea how close I was to finishing it.

Comment

• krulmichael
                STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                • Feb 2009

This has been officially canceled (least the way we want it). The teaser will be removed from PSN on 04/29/2015.

Source - IGN

Twitch Channel
                http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                Season V: 2-1

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
                  This has been officially canceled (least the way we want it). The teaser will be removed from PSN on 04/29/2015.

Source - IGN

Comment

Working...