X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Madden 15 CFM update notes

Per Josh Looman, Madden 15 CFM has received the following updates.
    • Fixed the cost of Man and Zone Coverage because it was too low
    • Made sure that you now earn more for drills in game prep than normal activities
    • OLB and MLBs can now upgrade power moves
    • Fixed the owner mode issue with not being able to sign a player with a $0 signing bonus
    • Fixed the issue where you could earn less than the minimum displayed for game prep activities
    • Fixed desync issues associated with defensive graphics settings

As with the previous updates, these are only applicable to online franchises. Offline updates will be done via a future patch.
  • poohty_t
    Noob
    • Aug 2014

ok im offically confused, Looman says this came out late last week, then why wasnt anyone informed until almost a week later? man sometimes i just have to wonder about EA. Also we had numerous desyncs in our league over the weekend. so im not 100% that is correct. We found in our league it was more than just kick arc and def graphic setting, also seemed an issue with toggle camera. Ill update after a week , but since this was supposedly out last weekend, im not sure its fixed really.

Comment

• poohty_t
      Noob
      • Aug 2014

ill post a link here , the first video , after we desync we both reset our modems, we both had every single setting the same except one ( the one ive thought really was the issue) i turned toggle camera on , he had it off. i show it in video then go right to game > http://www.twitch.tv/poohty/b/567316184 ( this is the first try , all settings were exactly the same for us both , ONLY one dif was Toggle Camera) game froze loading, for both of us.

then after restarting modems , we tried again here http://www.twitch.tv/poohty/b/567327841 . I show each time i have toggle on , its only thing me and opponent has different. Game starts off mad laggy , then right after i turn to zoom camera on offense , DC. Third time , same settings, game is laggy , as soon as i pick d camera,get DC. then Fourth time, i go back and turn toggle camera off , like he has his, game plays fine , all the way thru...... The issue is toggle camera. Sucks too because i love to use it , i used it in all online games ive played, no DC in any , now in my league i cant friggin use it! FIX IT EA!

Comment

• poohty_t
        Noob
        • Aug 2014

ill be more than happy to continue to prove this until its fixed. Its the issue, it needs fixing. this is a HUGE problem in CFM, along with another issue ive yet to hear mentioned, but ive experienced, as has numerous guys in our league. Not sure this didnt start happening until the weekend update. Some times on defense, the game is not giving us any option of a play to call ( no we arent using coach suggestions either) its a glitch that seems to happen when it wants. Ive asked the guys in my league to give me links to their videos from here on out when it happens, i will be sure to post them here as i get them . I may even have one from sat or sunday ill find it tomorrow. This also needs fixing, hard to play d when you cant even make a call.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

So camera toggle is what was causing the root of your issues? I had a game tonight that wouldn't get past the invite stage. Sending invites back and forth and all of them got the "game session" is no longer available error.

Comment

• poohty_t
            Noob
            • Aug 2014

Yes , if you watch the videos i posted, the first 3 tries , i show i have toggle camera on .That is the ONLY setting me and my opponent have that is different. The first time we try , game freezes loading,so then we both turned off our ps4s, turned our modems off for a minute and back on to refresh them both. Tried again , again in video i show i pick toggle on , its the ONLY thing different. As soon as game starts, it is super laggy , first possesion , i try to switch to zoom camera, and bam Desync error. Ok so we try a third time, i show in video again toggle camera is on for me, cant see on video but i assure you its off for opponent. Game starts off really laggy again, first possesion i switch to d camera, as soon as i do Desync . Then ,as seen in video , i switch toggle camera back to off as my opponent has, and we play entire game no issues. Im not a scientist , and im not a developer , but it dont take a genius to figure out this is an issue, if not the issue. The reason i bring this up is, in Loomans original post about the Desync he claimed it was just the kicking arc and defensive graphic settings. Its clearly not, First if Desyncs were fixed, we def shouldnt have had 3 in a row , then when all our setting match up , it plays fine . One thing ive learned in life, if you cant acknowledge and know what the root of a problem is , you will never fix it. Im not here trying to bash EA over this, Im trying to help open their eyes, because i want this fixed. As do thousands of other leagues . Toggle camera needs to be examined .

Also there is another issue , that i think started this weekend. As ive never seen it before. Now numerous guys in my league have mentioned it happening to them . There are random times , when your on defense, that the game will not pull up the playcalling options , nothing . You dont get to pick a play , it waits for opponent to pick a play and then goes to the field.I know what coach suggestion is , and this is not what is being picked . I know this because it happened to me in a game over the weekend as well. Here is the video http://www.twitch.tv/poohty/b/566326696 It starts happening at the 54 minute mark, You will notice , i pick my first d play at the 54 minute mark. Then , after that 1st and 10 play , the playcalling screen pops up for about half a second, I didnt press any buttons, and you can see on the play before i didnt pick coach suggestion. as soon as the playcalling screen comes up, it disappears . Im not allowed to pick any play .After that play you will see it do the same thing again. I didnt pick any play , or press any button .This has now happened to Numerous guys in my league all reporting the same issue. If you watch the 4th down play after this, you will notice my returner standing near where the ball is going to land. He is Frozen , i couldnt move him at all nor could i switch to anyone , he froze there as i was controlling him on his way over there. These are issues that ive not heard EA even acknowledge that are real bugs in this game. As i said , im not here trying to bash , im stating facts , of things that needs to be fixed. Im trying to help , but only way that works is if EA will open their eyes and ears and listen.

Comment

• buckeye
              Noob
              • Dec 2013

They know this. If you dont have the same settings as your opponent for Defensive Graphics, Kicking Arc, and Camera toggle you will desync. At this point they still haven't stated it was fixed they have just stated there is a workaround until a patch can come out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• poohty_t
                Noob
                • Aug 2014

so this statement by looman "
                • "Fixed desync issues associated with defensive graphics settings" . is just saying that now you have to still have the other things set the same but you dont have to for defensive graphics ? i mean it says "fixed " so im just trying to get clarification on it. Also , i never saw Looman ever say anything about acknowledging that Toggle Camera setting was also an issue, which is why i brought it up . So maybe if they did a better job of communicating with their customers , there wouldnt be such confusion.......

Comment

• buckeye
                  Noob
                  • Dec 2013

It means they fixed the issue with the defensive graphics... Not the camera toggle. We have been seeing several reports for a few days that Ea said the issues were fixed completely yet they never said that. If you and the person you are playing do not have the same camera settings you will desync...

They are aware of the problem we have been working with trying to find exact causes of several issues with them for a few weeks. It doesn't make the game unplayable it means users have to pay attention and communicate their settings to each other. For best results turn the camera toggle off as well as defensive graphic and kicking arc.

It certainly must be fixed but we have a way around it for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• poohty_t
                    Noob
                    • Aug 2014

yes i know it doesnt make it unplayable, however to me a big issue is, i prefer to play with the d camera, however id say most dont . def in our league hardly anyone wants to , the main reason for that is, if toggle camera is off , your d audibles are virtually the same way it was done last madden, and most guys dont want to learn a new way when they dont use the camera toggle option. So i am stuck playing a way id prefer not to , just to get games in . thats not what i bought it for really. The thing that gets me is , i played numerous Unranked games with guys in our league , as we ran a tourney until roster updated, and i never once had a DC , and i know my opponents didnt have toggle camera on . Just seems odd. Thanks for working with them , i really hope this gets fixed quickly.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

on Loomans post on Sept 1

"So this doesn’t seem to affect the basic functionality of playing online games such as being able to change your camera angles or any other primary settings but rather those very specific visual displays. It’s probably best just to leave anything questionable set to the defaults in the meantime. A patch is likely at a minimum still two weeks away."

LoomanSept01Desynch.JPG
                      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• poohty_t
                        Noob
                        • Aug 2014

Thanks xOxHumblexOx this is exactly why i was saying , i never heard it mentioned from anyone at EA to acknowledge the issue with toggle camera . In loomans tweet above, he only mentioned 2 settings, not 4 . To me this is where poor communication is happening, if the knew of the other two, why not post those two settings as well? or do an update and say we also found these two are issues. However this statement "So this doesn’t seem to affect the basic functionality of playing online games such as being able to change your camera angles " sure seems like i should be able to use a dif camera and not have an issue.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by poohty_t
                          Thanks xOxHumblexOx this is exactly why i was saying , i never heard it mentioned from anyone at EA to acknowledge the issue with toggle camera . In loomans tweet above, he only mentioned 2 settings, not 4 . To me this is where poor communication is happening, if the knew of the other two, why not post those two settings as well? or do an update and say we also found these two are issues. However this statement "So this doesn’t seem to affect the basic functionality of playing online games such as being able to change your camera angles " sure seems like i should be able to use a dif camera and not have an issue.
                          and it sounds like your test with Camera Toggle seems to be the issue.
                          testing like this should be done before starting a CFM but everybody is in rush to learn the hard way.
                          i would have definitely waited until some real testing was done up front.

running a CFM is hard, i understand comepletely
                          but
                          throwing out the first few weeks and becoming guinea pigs,
                          seems to be an unfair disadvantage without minimaizing connection and setting issues.
                          3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• poohty_t
                            Noob
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            and it sounds like your test with Camera Toggle seems to be the issue.
                            testing like this should be done before starting a CFM but everybody is in rush to learn the hard way.
                            i would have definitely waited until some real testing was done up front.

running a CFM is hard, i understand comepletely
                            but
                            throwing out the first few weeks and becoming guinea pigs,
                            seems to be an unfair disadvantage without minimaizing connection and setting issues.

for the record, i only tested it last night because loomans post seemed like maybe issue with Desync may be fixed. Sorry i miss read it, However as ive said , ive never heard him say toggle camera was an issue, in his only tweet i saw about desyncs ( the same tweets u posted above), never onced mentioned it . ive always felt it was an issue, so i was only trying to bring it up so hopefully they would notice and try to figure it out. As for our league , for one we did wait , for the updated roster to come out to start, this aint my first rodeo either, i held them off as long as i could. However, the real fact stands, EA NEEDS BETTER TESTERS BEFORE RELEASING A BUGGY FLAWED GAME. Either that or drop the price. This is the real problem, How can all this stuff be "tested well" yet so much get thru to the retail version. No offense, but this is EA's fault, if the game wasnt ready, dont ship it. Fix it. Personally if this is the only way they can find all these bugs. Put out a Beta about 3 or 4 weeks before release ,and let us test it for them.Heck even allow peps to only choose one version of the game to test, MUT,RANKED GAMES, OFFLINE CFM , OR ONLINE CFM . Let the people who actually use these modes be the ones who test it . For one , its free testing for EA, and two , it gives them a more real feel for all the issues they seem to always be overlooking in their "testing" . Id much rather see that , than what they currently do.In our league we are just keeping the same settings so about the normal Deysncs are happening ( some reason EA has yet to figure out a way to stop this from happening in the game no matter what settings are set for years) . However i dont like being told theres a new feature and i cant really use it without being unfair to another player because they are used to a dif way to call audibles ,because they prefer to play with camera toggle off. Thus im the one being limited. I just want it fixed.
                            Last edited by poohty_t; 09-11-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...