X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] VSN's 2014 Game of the Year

I figure we can get this rolling. As far as I know ALL of the major releases are out and we only have a few short weeks until 2015. I'm hoping you guys can help me compile a list so that I can create a poll. My memory is horrible so games that released in the firsdt quarter of the year are a distant memory. Was Titanfall 2014? I believe so. Ha.

Anyway, so far I think my vote would have to go to Far Cry 4. It does everything FC3 did but just a little bit better and FC3 was my GotY in 2012.

So, what's everyone's favorite?

• MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

So many good games that came out in 2014 that it will be hard for me to come up with just one. One thing I will remember more about this year than a lot of other years is that this seemed to be the year when consumers really pushed back against games that were obviously broken being pushed out the door just to meet a deadline. It started last year with the new console versions of Battlefield 3 and NBA 2K14 being almost unplayable for weeks after launch and carried over into this year with Halo: TMCC and NBA 2K15. All Halo had to do in order to sell millions of copies was not be broken. It was the slam dunk of the year.

Here's my list in no particular order-

Destiny, Far Cry 4, South Park: Stick of Truth, Super Smash Bros. and Dragons Age: Inqusition

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

You would think NBA 2K would've learned their lesson. Two years in a row. Yet EA is labeled as the 'Worst Company in America'.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

right now its Destiny, since its the only that has this kind of grip on me, since my WoW addiction days.

although i have Evil Within, Dragon Age, GTA V and COD - either havent installed or played any of them
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

1. South Park: The Stick of Truth
          2. inFAMOUS: Second Son
          3. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

(There are still a few games from this fall that I haven't gotten around to yet)

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
            1. South Park: The Stick of Truth
            2. inFAMOUS: Second Son
            3. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

(There are still a few games from this fall that I haven't gotten around to yet)
            inFamous is my #2 as well. Admittedly, I have not played SoM yet but do have it.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Great year for video games. Not sure which I'd pick to be at the top but my list would have to be made up of Second Son, Stick of Truth, Dragon Age Inquisition, Pokemon Alpha Ruby/Omega Ruby, and Destiny (I guess)

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                Word Life
                • Jul 2010

Wow, ya'll are getting me excited for Christmas. Santa Claus is getting me FarCry 4.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• Anthony
                  In Brendan we trust.
                  • Jun 2009

Granted I haven't played as many games as most of you, but Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor would be my choice. Absolutely loving it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Shit, is there a way to add a poll to this thread? Although I guess we can always create separate thread for Best Handheld game, Best PS4 Exclusive, etc.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

This just made me realize I haven't played very many games this year.......none of the ones I've played would crack this list.

Comment

• buckeye
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2013

For me it's hands down Dragonage: Inquisition then Destiny is a distant 2nd.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Dragon Age is the obvious winner, IMO. Size, scope and story it does what Skyrim wanted to but with a better narrative and some of the best dialogue ever. After that it's basically Thunderdome.

Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4...and my own personal indie games of the year, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Ziggurat. I could also throw in shit like Valdis Story and Banner Saga but who cares now that pad doesn't post here anymore.

Comment

• Glenbino
                            Jelly and Ice Cream
                            • Nov 2009

1. - 999. Football Manager 2015

1000. Diablo III expansion

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
                              1. - 999. Football Manager 2015

1000. Diablo III expansion
                              glen_willett is Playing Football Manager 2015

This has practically been burnt into the lower right of my PC screen.

Comment

Working...