X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection coming March 24th to PS4 & XB1

It includes Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel and ALL DLC for both games for $60. I'm more than a little confused why it doesn't include the first game though?

There is also a collector's edition that comes with a remote controlled Clap Trap for $400!

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Lands On Xbox One, PS4 In March With A $400 Limited Edition
    news
    by Mike Futter on January 20, 2015 at 07:00 AM 4,160 Views PoorPoorFairFairAverageAverageGoodGoodExcellentExc ellent

This news is unlikely to shock you. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is coming to current-generation consoles. What may be a surprise though is that it’s not alone.

Gearbox is also updating Borderlands 2 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 bringing the pair of titles together to create The Handsome Collection. For those of you who have been playing Borderlands 2 on last-gen systems, you won’t have to leave your progress behind either.

If you’ve been playing Borderlands 2 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or Vita, you can move your character progress and badass rank to the current-gen system in the same family. The same goes for The Pre-Sequel (though not on Vita, because it isn’t on that system).

The Handsome Collection also sports four-player split-screen for the first time. Both games will run at 1080p and up to 60 frames per second. In four-player split-screen mode, target frame rate is 30 frames per second.

Both titles come with all announced DLC. For The Pre-Sequel, this includes the remaining two pieces of the season pass that have yet to be detailed. We now know they are a campaign add-on and another character. Scroll all the way down for the full list of everything you get.

Click to enlarge.

In addition to the standard edition, which will retail for $59.99, diehard fans might be interested in the collector’s edition. The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition comes with a steelbook case, twelve lithographs (one for each vault hunter), and a remote-controlled Claptrap.

The Claptrap model is fully operational and rolls on a single wheel. It has a camera in its eye and connects to an iPhone ClaptrApp so you can control it and see what it sees. These are limited to 5,000 units, so if you want one, you’re going to need to move quickly.

Please enter your date of birth:

By clicking below, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

Submit
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is due on March 24. For more, check out our reviews of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Our Take
    The absurdly extravagant collector’s edition aside, $59.99 is a fair asking price for both games and every bit of content that’s been released. I don’t know that I’ve ever want to play four-player split screen, but for those that miss the days of crowding on a couch for FPS fun, this is great. I’m definitely interested to see how this looks on current-gen hardware.

Included Add-On Content

Borderlands 2

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
    Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
    Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
    Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
    The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
    Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
    Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
    T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
    The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
    How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
    Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
    Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
    Character Customization Packs
    Collector's Edition Pack
    Commando Madness Pack
    Commando Supremacy Pack
    Commando Domination Pack
    Siren Madness Pack
    Siren Supremacy Pack
    Siren Domination Pack
    Gunzerker Madness Pack
    Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
    Gunzerker Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Madness Pack
    Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
    Mechromancer Domination Pack
    Assassin Madness Pack
    Assassin Supremacy Pack
    Assassin Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
    Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
    Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
    Psycho Madness Pack
    Psycho Supremacy Pack
    Psycho Domination Pack
    Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
    Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
    Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
    Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
    Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    Psycho Party Pack
    Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
    Email the author Mike Futter, or follow on Google+, Twitter, and Game Informer.

• CCBrink
    Awkward Swag
    • May 2009

Nice. I never played through any of the DLC when I bought the season pass for Borderlands 2

Comment

• MrBill
      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
      • Feb 2009

Carried over saves from the previous console generation?!?!

Comment

• krulmichael
        STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
        • Feb 2009

Wish it included the 1st one. I've never played the series...

Twitch Channel
        http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
        Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
        Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
        Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
        Season V: 2-1

Comment

• tigstah
          Mr. Casual Gamer
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
          I have played a lil of both. it didn't hold my interest.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Apparently Gearbox did an interview where they floated the idea around claiming that if this sold well it could be possible to see the first one remastered as well. They claim that the game runs on a completely different engine than the other two games (funny, they look and play almost identical) and that it would be much more difficult to remaster. So, in other words, they took the easy way out.

Which brings me to another issue I have. Not only did they apparently just slap this together because it was apparently easy to do, they didn't even get it right. There was a 8GB day one patch on PS4 and a 16GB patch for XB1. Yet there are still apparently framerate issues with the Pre-Sequel. I'm sorry, that is just unacceptable for a remaster.

I'm glad I didn't buy it and I love the series.
            Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-27-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• krulmichael
              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              Apparently Gearbox did an interview where they floated the idea around claiming that is this sold well it could be possible to see the first one remastered as well. They claim that the game runs on a completely different engine than the other two games (funny, they look and play almost identical) and that it would be much more difficult to remaster. So, in other words, they took the easy way out.

Which brings me to another issue I have. Not only did they apparently just slap this together because it was apparently easy to do, they didn't even get it right. There was a 8GB day one patch on PS4 and a 16GB patch for XB1. Yet there are still apparently framerate issues with the Pre-Sequel. I'm sorry, that is just unacceptable for a remaster.

I'm glad I didn't buy it and I love the series.
              Framrate issues on a remaster; what a joke.

I guess I'll just avoid this series for the time being.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Framrate issues on a remaster; what a joke.

I guess I'll just avoid this series for the time being.
                It's a shame. If they had all three games and they basically just looked and ran like their PC counterparts the collection could've been epic. But instead, we get half assed. Gearbox was one of my favorite developers. I've really soured on them the past few years.
                Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-30-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• krulmichael
                  STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  It's a shame. If they had all three games and they basically just looked an ran like their PC counterparts the collection could've been epic. But instead, we get half assed. Gearbox was one of my favorite developers. I've really soured on them the past few years.
                  It's sad that this is what's really become of the gaming world. It's almost going in the direction of the movie industry. Micro$oft and $ony aren't stupid. They are gonna take away the backwards compatible ability and instead re-release the same games 'remastered' touting it has big graphical improvements, all the DLC, and 60 fps. Just pulling in the dough by releasing the same games over and over. Gearbox is even more hilarious saying, 'Wellllll if this Collection does well, we MAY release the first game on it's own and charge you another $40 for it.'

Don't get me wrong, I've bought 3 re-mastered collections:
                  1. Last of Us - MUST have though. I love the shit out of that game and can play it over and over.
                  2. Sleeping Dogs - I never played the PS3 version, so it was essentially like buying a new game for me.
                  3. Final Fantasy X-X2 Collection: Bought on PS3...which is now coming out for the PS4, which really pisses me off because I know I'll probably breakdown and buy it AGAIN (although I'll wait for it to be super cheap).

Just the way things work these days. It may have always been about the money before, but it REALLY is about the money now. Same could be said for the severe lack of console exclusives these days as well.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

I dont hate remasters because they just port them over with better graphics but rather hate them because Sony and Microsoft dont release games and fill the void with these "new" releases.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                      I dont hate remasters because they just port them over with better graphics but rather hate them because Sony and Microsoft dont release games and fill the void with these "new" releases.
                      Well, for the most part it is third parties that area releasing these remasters, not Sony and MS.

My issue is just with half assed remasters and massive patches for them. You're literally just porting the fucking games to new hardware and you can't even make sure it runs smoothly?!? I remember hearing that the Sleeping Dogs remaster had framerate issues but I never noticed anything when I played it. But it seems more often than not, like in the case of this game, that they are littered with issues. People supporting this bullshit sets a really bad precedent.
                      If I remember correctly when Borderlands 2 released on PS3 and 360 there was no day one patch. I remember being absolutely shocked by that because in this day and age it seems every game needs a patch right out of the gate. Yet somehow this remaster needed a massive patch and there is still shit fucked up?!?
                      Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-30-2015, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...