X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckeye
    Noob
    • Dec 2013

[ALL] Resident Evil HD

Has anyone picked this up yet? Game is beautiful. Much better than I thought it would be for an upgrade from PS1.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

I did but I haven't played it yet. They actually upgraded the GameCube remake and not the classic PSX version.

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

Good catch! I played the original (well directors cut) back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

I have it and don't think it holds up at all. I also was not impressed but the looks either. It doesn't seem any more upgraded the Gamecube version. I loved playing through the GC version but I'm wondering if I'll ever play through this one. I played it for about an hour and was bored. When I played through the GC version many years ago I was wowed by the graphics and my wife was glued to the tv while playing it. This time she couldn't wait until I switched to something else.

For $20 it's definitely a good grab if you haven't played the GC version already. Even the trophy whore in me can't seem to motivate me to play more, especially considering you have to play the game multiple times to even get half of them.

Comment

• krulmichael
          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
          • Feb 2009

I've never owned a GC (last Nintendo product I owned was a 64...and it still holds a special place in my heart) and I've been a long time RE fan; needless to say I've enjoyed the game quite of bit. The biggest reason is probably because RE2 was really the first game I played and I ended up buying the RE1 Director's Cut back when it was on the PS1, but I never beat it.

Twigg, I kind of got the 'wow' factor when I booted this one up, but again it's probably because I never played the GC version. Is it even close to PS4 (or even PS3 for that matter) graphics? Not even close. However, the level of nostalgia that it brings and it's a little bit easier on the eyes, makes it appealing to me. Not to mention, the girlfriend enjoys horror games and never played the original, so this is a good activity to do together going through the haunted mansion that started it all.

Well worth the $20.

Twitch Channel
          http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
          Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
          Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
          Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
          Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Speaking of RE remakes... They need to do remakes like this for RE2 and RE3 Nemesis as well. I realize that it'd be much tougher with these two since they'd have to remake them from the ground up (unlike RE this time around), but I think RE fans would love it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
              Speaking of RE remakes... They need to do remakes like this for RE2 and RE3 Nemesis as well. I realize that it'd be much tougher with these two since they'd have to remake them from the ground up (unlike RE this time around), but I think RE fans would love it.
              That shit is long overdue.

Comment

• krulmichael
                STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                The day RE HD dropped I jumped on JayDizzle's stream and the first thing I said is, "How come RE2 doesn't get the same love as RE with remakes?". As I said before, RE2 was the first RE I ever played (on the N64 of course...controller was made for RE's engine at the time) and I had such a damn blast playing that game over and over again with friends. Still the most terrifying RE I've played (it could help that I was only 13-14 when I played it).

At the same time, I wish they remade Silent Hill 2 because that was and still IS the scariest video game I've played (although PT has A LOT of potential). The sounds in that game were phenomenal.

Twitch Channel
                http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                Season V: 2-1

Comment

Working...