X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

R.B.I. Baseball '15 announced for PC/PS4/XB1

Second time's the charm? 25-man rosters, authentic ballparks, full stat tracking and online play...

Major League Baseball today announced R.B.I. Baseball 15, a follow-up to last year's R.B.I. Baseball 14, which was the first entry in the series in two decades. The game is in development at MLB's Advanced Media division, which also built last year's game.

Due out later this spring, the "easy-to-play" game (it features two-button controls) is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, as well as smartphones and tablets. This year's game includes better graphics, new features, and more changes based on feedback from last year's version, MLB said.

The cover athlete for R.B.I. Baseball 15 is Chicago Cubs all-star first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Meanwhile, this year's Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Pedro Martinez has reached an agreement with the MLB to promote the game.

See below for a breakdown of new features for R.B.I. Baseball 15, courtesy of MLBAM. A selection of screenshots are also available.

In other professional baseball video game news, Sony recently released some new MLB 15: The Show comparison images. See those here. Meanwhile, 2K Sports' MLB 2K series was canceled last year.

New Features For R.B.I. Baseball 15

BALLPARKS: Completely redesigned authentic Major League ballparks for all 30 franchises, each crafted with detailed design characteristics fans will easily recognize.

FULL ROSTERS: Play with complete 25-man Major League rosters for all 30 teams, modifying your batting order or pitching rotation at any point. Set the active 25-man roster from each franchise’s 40-man roster.

STAT TRACKING: Track batting and pitching statistics in season mode for the first time ever, including viewable team, player and season league leaderboards.

ONLINE PLAY: Choose to play in online multiplayer mode in friendly and ranked games.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS: Pick your competition level – Easy, Medium or Hard.

PC & MAC DEBUT: Introducing availability for personal computers on the Steam platform, coming this spring.

ROSTER: With the expansion to include more than 1,000 active Major League players in its roster database, R.B.I. Baseball 15 will include detailed on-field attributes for every player, again updated from the hundreds of millions of data points collected and analyzed by MLBAM.

• Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Well, surprisingly, it looks like this game releases on PS4 and XB1 tomorrow. The same day as The Show. Interesting.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

It seems people are really impressed. It's what the game should've been last year. I'm going to download this tonight on XB1.

Comment

• PepperNY
        Best in the World
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        It seems people are really impressed. It's what the game should've been last year. I'm going to download this tonight on XB1.
        Doubt i will get this unless the online play is fun. I'm enjoying the Show as always but I am sure playing online is a mess as always

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PepperNY
          Doubt i will get this unless the online play is fun. I'm enjoying the Show as always but I am sure playing online is a mess as always
          I haven't seen anyone mention trying online yet. Hopefully I can remedy that tonight. I'm hoping both of my cousins pick it up. One said he's getting it for sure.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I'm really enjoying this so far. My only real gripe at this point is that all the fielders seem to have rocket arms. So, trying to leg out an infield hit is impossible. I also got gunned at second trying for a double on a ball hit to the gap. It should've been an easy stand up double but, nope. I also don't like that jumps and dives in the field seem to be CPU controlled.

Both of my cousins that said they were going to get it bailed on me so far so I haven't tried online yet. I definitely want to check that out.

Comment

Working...