Interest in another (small) league for The Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Virix
    I see you
    • Nov 2008

Interest in another (small) league for The Show?

Im thinking about starting a small league for The Show, most likely consisting of 8 players. Im not looking to do anything large, mainly to try and get a small group of dedicated guys. If interested post here, and we can get the ball rolling.

Do NOT post a preferred team, we will randomly choose a draft order and draft teams when the time comes.
  • OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

I'm in, i actually just came on to do this same thing haha...the waiting list for the Sombrero is getting big tho, I would just select people that you know are active here and will be active in the league also

Comment

• Virix
      I see you
      • Nov 2008

Yeah Im not planning on taking people unless I see they are active in other leagues or ladders.

Comment

• mfbmike
        Goat****er
        • Nov 2008

The Sombrero is going to expand to take in a significant amount of players (hopefully) come next season.

We are already 2/3's of the way through with season 1.

Comment

• BuccaneerFan
          Noob
          • Feb 2009

You should make an all-strikes, quick-pitching, fast play ON league. Should get plenty of interest around here.

Comment

• Virix
            I see you
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BuccaneerFan
            You should make an all-strikes, quick-pitching, fast play ON league. Should get plenty of interest around here.
            I think Im going to pass on that.

Im not planning on plucking guys from TGS wait list. If guys are interested, they are more than welcome though. If the league is successful, Id want to do more than one season, even if we use it to feed the larger leagues. In my experience running a "minor league" system never works out so that isnt what I plan to do, although I do plan on keeping it a rather small league.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

lmao...that was funny....its sad, but true

i think the sombrero has enough players. i dont think expanding is always a good thing. Too many issues to deal with.....i think we have a solid list of owners. other then buddah and krul, everyone is trucking along.

even if krul did drop, i wouldnt replace him at this point. I would change all 3 of his games to a 0-0 final making nobody a winner....then just let the season ride out with those game unplayed. A new owner would be playing massive catch up and we are already pretty close to being done.
              Last edited by Maynard; 04-13-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• T.Dot
                A Real RockNRolla
                • Nov 2008

I'm interested.
                PSN is x-_-MITCH876-_-x

Comment

• Virix
                  I see you
                  • Nov 2008

The good thing is, if this league gets up and running with a good core of guys we can have the champ of this league and the sombrero play a series for "VSN Champ" or some shit. ;)

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                    PTFO
                    • Mar 2009

I ran one of our games with fast play on because I was pressed for time

Comment

• BuccaneerFan
                      Noob
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                      I ran one of our games with fast play on because I was pressed for time
                      You mentioned that in advance and I had no problem with that in our game.

Some other people like to fast pitch and hit x so fast through the cutscenes it's like playing in fast forward.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by houtz
                        Agreed man. What I was thinking is possibly adding three guys. Letting everyone pick a AL team and an NL team. We will have to talk about it.
                        the great thing about this league is that you are running it....so you have to deal with all the BS....lol

but that can be a headache....its great to see all the interest but u know how that goes...

Comment

• Jax
                          JarrettLeger.com
                          • Oct 2008

Yah get a small league going with our league waiting list intell seasson 2

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                            PTFO
                            • Mar 2009

We've got a great group of players in GS which is awesome. Everybody (except Buddha) is anxious to get that next game in. If everybody on the waiting list is the same, there could be another successful league.

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by houtz

As for you Maynard. The golden sombrero is responsible for several leagues dying since the release of the Show. If we can single handedly take out leagues just imagine what our champion could do to yours. ;)
                              ok Jax, wtf are you saying here? lol

the thing about buddah, if he is replaced, who would get his spot? that wait list is long, but would it be first come, first serve? or would the best possible choice be taken instead.....hmmmmmmmmmmm :cyclops:

Comment

Working...