X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Manti Te'o: What to do?

I know this probably can't be answered until we get the game but I was wondering how many of you would handle the Manti Te'o situation for Notre Dame. The kid will most likely be a starter at some point this year as a Freshman for Notre Dame. Then it is assumed he will take a two year Mormon mission. How will this/should this be handled within the game as far as a dynasty goes? Redshirt him for a year then what?

Just looking to ramble.
  • DJ Rhude
    #42 G.O.A.T.
    • Feb 2009

Don't have too many options other than redshirting him his sophomore year and burying him on the depth chart for his Soph rs year....so you'd get him back as a Jr rs

But then you'd also run the risk of him wanting to transfer

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

I would assume that this topic is geared more toward players that want a sim/"realistic" experience so I can only say that EA can't truly account for players that go on sabbaticals like this.

It'd practically be impossible to code without updating the roster in the game through a patch; other than that, I'd say either go with Rhude's suggestion or ignore what happens in real life and play as is.

Comment

• LopaKa
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2009

you should just use him freshman year, redshirt him sophomore year, then use him for three more years after that. That's probably the closest to the real thing other than Rhude's suggestion.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
          The Greatest
          • Feb 2009

Cut him after his freshman year. If possible, make him as a juco recruit after 2 years.

Comment

• krulmichael
            STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
            Cut him after his freshman year. If possible, make him as a juco recruit after 2 years.
            That's a real good idea, but not without risks just like Rhude's suggestion (which I would personally go with myself if I ran a Notre Dame Nasty...which I never would since I'm a Michigan fan), as he may decide to sign with another school since you can't ever guarantee a guy will go to your school.

Twitch Channel
            http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
            Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
            Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
            Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
            Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Prodigal Son
              The Greatest
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
              That's a real good idea, but not without risks just like Rhude's suggestion (which I would personally go with myself if I ran a Notre Dame Nasty...which I never would since I'm a Michigan fan), as he may decide to sign with another school since you can't ever guarantee a guy will go to your school.
              Which is what usually happens when people go on missions. Schools drop their scholarship, because there's no way in hell a school is going to hold a scholi for a guy who won't even go to school there for two years.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                This sounds good. The only foreseeable problem would be him not having any interest to attend ND. So you'd have to do as much as possible to make him a big ND lean. Maybe make him as an Indiana prospect or something similar. I haven't really played NCAA on 360 or PS3, but making prospects in your own state used to make recruiting them a lot easier on PS2.

Comment

• Nevermind
                  Pewter
                  • Oct 2008

if you do make him a juco you could put in all his attributes as you like but make his kicking power and acc. low and make his position punter or kicker and from Indiana. He will be a one star and pretty easy to get. then when off-season position changes come around just move him over to linebacker.

Comment

Working...