X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

Backbreaker Q&A

If you have any questions regarding the new game, feel free to post them here and a BB veteran will answer them.
  • krulmichael
    STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
    • Feb 2009

1. Is there going to be any kind of a Franchise/Season mode in the game?

2. How many teams are there? Is it like Blitz: The League where each team has it's star players and strengths and weaknesses?

3. Will there be an online mode?

I'll ask more as I think of them.

Twitch Channel
    http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
    Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
    Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
    Season V: 2-1

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
      Redsox
      • Oct 2008

I have heard about this game for a little while now but never really looked into it.

Is it more like NFL Street or Blitz the League?

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by krulmichael
        1. Is there going to be any kind of a Franchise/Season mode in the game?

2. How many teams are there? Is it like Blitz: The League where each team has it's star players and strengths and weaknesses?

3. Will there be an online mode?

I'll ask more as I think of them.
        1) don't know

2) don't know

3) yes of some kind

at this point they've not released any GAME information. everything so far has been about Euphoria, the technology behind BB.

They've had some issues in the past with publishing deals (i can explain further the speculations that the BB members have had) and they've finally sorted it out.

The publisher (unnamed at this point) set a date (9 days from now) as to when BB info about the GAME will start to pour out.

So hold on to your hats until then......cause just about every question you have can't be answered yet (no guarentee it can be answered in 9 days either)

Comment

• krulmichael
          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
          • Feb 2009

Haha, makes sense. So basically this Q&A thread should be left alone for at least a couple more weeks when more info is known. Thanks anyways for the quick responses guys. ;)

Twitch Channel

Comment

• krulmichael
            STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by WarMachine
            Neither, the game is set 20 years in the future but it will be primarily sim. The character models would point to an acardy style of play however that is not the case. Backbreaker wont have powerups or anything of the sort, however the tackles seem to be more "explosive" than Madden.
            That actually sounds even better. I was hoping it wasn't an arcadey style. Granted the hits may not be as realistic all the time, but that's fine, cause that's what makes the game different from the rest. Definitely liking what I hear from this post.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by WarMachine
              Neither, the game is set 20 years in the future but it will be primarily sim. The character models would point to an acardy style of play however that is not the case. Backbreaker wont have powerups or anything of the sort, however the tackles seem to be more "explosive" than Madden.
              IMO it's hard to say if this game is Sim or Arcade yet.

Any early preview from early 08 suggested the game was more Arcade than Sim, however we believe the game has slightly changed direction since then.

I believe their goal is to have legit football tho, nothing gimmicky or "powerups" or that shit. With a development team of 6, it'll be interesting to see how much football depth is included in the game.

I think the only reason tackles seem "explosive" at this point is because

A) people aren't used to a 3rd person camera
              B) the only media out there is to showcase Euphoria, thus the big hits emphasize that tech

Comment

• Nature Boy
                Raiders
                • May 2009

So will the new round of info about the game be released at E3? Thanks guys.

Comment

• Berowsk
                  Fuck Bitches, Get Wawa.
                  • Oct 2008

You know just because there is a revolutionary tackling system, the gameplay can still suck? The guys look fake as hell, there are 9 levels to that stadium, and all the players look the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nature Boy
                    Raiders
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by turftickler
                    They have not mentioned being at E3 and they are not on the list. However, there are only 9 days left until we get some significant info. We are not sure what the hold up is, but we are impatiently waiting.
                    Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Berowsk
                      Fuck Bitches, Get Wawa.
                      • Oct 2008

I just get into the realism of having real teams. I don't think it will be that great at all. And the player models in Madden 99 looked more realistic than Backbreaker. I have never seen every football player no matter the position have extra long torsos with abs showing through their jerseys.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MRN
                        MRNeverwearthesamething
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BEROWSK
                        I just get into the realism of having real teams. I don't think it will be that great at all. And the player models in Madden 99 looked more realistic than Backbreaker. I have never seen every football player no matter the position have extra long torsos with abs showing through their jerseys.
                        If the game could have somewhat realistic teams, with a complete editing system, and the ability to download and upload rosters, this game could be worth buying. I see your thing with wanting teams to be realistic, I can't play games without having real teams either, which is why I don't play NCAA Basketball, there rosters are fucked beyond all repair.

If BB adds a complete stadium/jersey/team/player editor, I will give the game a rent, and decide if it is worth buying from there.

Comment

• James2Stapleton
                          william melvin hicks
                          • Mar 2009

when will this be released
                          ducka ducka ducka

Comment

Working...