NBA Franchise of the Year: Passion. Pride. Pacers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LC AAU
    • Oct 2008

Mike once you get good with him its amazing, not even funny.
    sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• mfbmike
      Goat****er
      • Nov 2008

Pacers Slow Start And Finish Equal Defeat Against A Struggling Mavericks Team

Starting Lineups:
      T.J. Ford PG Jason Kidd
      Marquis Daniels SG Jason Terry
      Wally Szczerbiak SF Josh Howard
      Chris Wilcox PF Dirk Nowitzki
      Chris Kaman C Erick Dampier

(5-7) 105 @ 118 (3-10)

Dirk Nowitzki rises up for 2 of his game high 31 against German Olympic teammate Chris Kaman.

Top Performers:
      Player Of The Game:

Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Of The Game:
      "They didn't look like a 3-10 team out there tonight. Stack gave them a huge boost off the bench and despite holding Dirk to only 9 points in the 1st half, we couldn't find a way to stop him in the 2nd and he went off." - Chris Wilcox

Next Game:

Comment

• mfbmike
        Goat****er
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LC AAU
        Mike once you get good with him its amazing, not even funny.
        Did better with him in this past game against the Mavs.

In 8 minutes of play: 7 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks on 2/5 FG, 1/1 3PT and 2/3 FT.

He's not bad but I was forcing it with him in the 1st game. This game he got a bucket off the break and knocked down a wide open 3 off an inbound play.

Yet again though, Dirk kicks my ass. :/

Comment

• mfbmike
          Goat****er
          • Nov 2008

Rockets "Lift Off" To Blowout Win Over Pacers

Starting Lineups:
          T.J. Ford PG Rafer Alston
          Marquis Daniels SG Tracy Mcgrady
          Wally Szczerbiak SF Ron Artest
          Chris Wilcox PF Luis Scola
          Chris Kaman C Yao Ming

(5-8) 102 @ 124 (10-5)

T.J. Ford drives past Rafer Alston on his way to the rim. Ford finished with a double double in the Pacers blowout loss to the Rockets in Houston.

Top Performers:
          Player Of The Game:

Yao Ming

Quote Of The Game:
          "Our guys are playing hard out there but without Danny, we are at a disadvantage. Especially coming into a game with a team like the Rockets who are one of the best in the league." - Pacers Head Coach Jim O' Brien

Next Game:

Comment

• mfbmike
            Goat****er
            • Nov 2008

He's out for about 2-4 weeks, yeah.

Comment

• mfbmike
              Goat****er
              • Nov 2008

Off today so I'm gonna go ahead and play the Bobcats game now.

Comment

• mfbmike
                Goat****er
                • Nov 2008

Bobcats update coming.

Comment

• mfbmike
                  Goat****er
                  • Nov 2008

Pacers 4th Quarter Comeback Capped Off By Szczerbiak Game Winner

Starting Lineups:
                  T.J. Ford PG Raymond Felton
                  Marquis Daniels SG Raja Bell
                  Wally Szczerbiak SF Gerald Wallace
                  Chris Wilcox PF Emeka Okafor
                  Chris Kaman C Nazr Mohammed

(5-9) 110 vs 109 (6-8)

Wally Szczerbiak gets a 20 foot jumper over Gerald Wallace to fall in the final seconds of the game to snap a 2 game Pacers skid.

Top Performers:
                  Player Of The Game:

Chris Wilcox

Quote Of The Game:
                  "We were in control for most of the 1st half but they came back at us hard in the 3rd and manged to pull ahead by 4 heading into the 4th. They got out in front but we kept it together down the stretch and made plays to get us this win tonight. A total team effort with 8 scorers in double figures." - T.J. Ford

Next Game:

Comment

• Lupe
                    Posts a lot
                    • Nov 2008

good shit michael. You are now in Wally's world with that game winner! I'm guessing with the injuries Wally and Kaman are your main options on offense

Originally posted by Len B
                    Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                      Free World Leader
                      • Oct 2008

i'm loving this mike, a great chise to look into. Glad to see someone beat the bobcats, unlike my Celtics who are playing like complete shit. Contrary to what you think, I could actually see your team contending against a stronger Eastern opponent. Starting 5, Kaman can match up with Perk, Wilcox will wear KG out down low with his physical presence, Granger on Pierce which is always a good match up, and then Rush can cover Allen. Hopefully TJ can do a good enough job on Rondo to match up. Your team is quick at the guard position, and it seems as if your playing with a lot of emotion/intensity right now, something that gives the Celtics fits.

Good luck mike.

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by VaSkinsFan
                        Once Granger comes back I think you'll see what I'm talking about when I say you're a contender. Remember this is the Eastern Conference

I don't see you needing to make anymore moves. Although I do have to commend Wally World on his stellar performances these last few games despite Granger's injury. I find his shot very difficult to use that's why I don't generally play with him, but it seems as though you're doing well with Wally.

What's up with Wilcox getting 18 shot attempts though to lead the team and then making only 5 shotsl? Get this guy to do the Mikan drill because a big man should not be shooting 27% from the field haha.

I like your philosophy though with trading for expiring contracts. Both Dunleavy and Murphy had pretty substantial cap figures and weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Although trading for Wilcox means you have to eat his $6M but I believe he is a FA in 09/10 if I'm not mistaken. I would say over the course of the season try to work in Rush and Hibbert to get them some minutes and experience.

And to echo another poster how do you do the stat boxes? Do you do it in Excel or does the forum have a tool for you to use. Because I like how you can sort all the stats based on categories.

Keep up the great work
                        True. I actually can't wait to get Granger back. I got dogged out by the Mavs and Rockets and only made it past the Bobcats by the skin of my teeth. Wally is decent. I've been able to get his shot to fall pretty well thanks to Kaman and Wilcox ability to clean the offensive glass. A lot of times they will pull down a rebound and I will have guys like Wally open on the wings. lol, at one point in the game my backcourt was ice cold and I had Foster and Wilcox running the frontcourt. Foster being somewhat of a liability on offense, I kept trying to force it with Wilcox and that's why his performance from the field was bad. Not to mention, missing a number of tip back attempts. A big part of those 17 boards that game were missed tip back attempts lol. Wilcox actually expires at the end of this season and assuming I get a better power forward in free agency or in an offseason trade, I hope he gives me an opportunity to sign him (for less money) because he would be a solid guy off the bench. Rush and Hibbert both get between 16-20 minutes a game and Rush is the best scorer I have off the bench. Hibbert is a beast down low and shoots a very high percentage and is a solid defender. Both rookies are coming along nicely. As far as the tables go, it's a tool built into the forum. You can find the code here...http://www.vsngaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4958

Thanks for following. :D

Originally posted by Lupe
                        good shit michael. You are now in Wally's world with that game winner! I'm guessing with the injuries Wally and Kaman are your main options on offense
                        lol, it was a nailbiter man. G-Wall was all up in my grill. My scoring has actually been pretty spread out amongst my starters. I've learned to score better with ford by trying to take it to the rim more often, Daniels scores in spurts, Kaman isn't automatic down there but he can hold his own, Wally obviously is a mid-long range threat and Wilcox gets a lot of garbage buckets.

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
                        i'm loving this mike, a great chise to look into. Glad to see someone beat the bobcats, unlike my Celtics who are playing like complete shit. Contrary to what you think, I could actually see your team contending against a stronger Eastern opponent. Starting 5, Kaman can match up with Perk, Wilcox will wear KG out down low with his physical presence, Granger on Pierce which is always a good match up, and then Rush can cover Allen. Hopefully TJ can do a good enough job on Rondo to match up. Your team is quick at the guard position, and it seems as if your playing with a lot of emotion/intensity right now, something that gives the Celtics fits.

Good luck mike.
                        lol, poor celtics. sinking fast in the power rankings. I'm sure they'll be fine lol. Diggin the matchup you set up. Maybe this team is better than I thought. My sliders keep it pretty challenging though and without Granger, it doesn't make things any easier. Thanks yawk.

Comment

• LC AAU
                          • Oct 2008

Your welcome michael :D

Comment

• mfbmike
                            Goat****er
                            • Nov 2008

Pacers Start Strong, Finish Slow As Magic Knot Up Season Series At 1 A Piece

Starting Lineups:
                            T.J. Ford PG Jameer Nelson
                            Marquis Daniels SG Courtney Lee
                            Wally Szczerbiak SF Hedo Turkoglu
                            Chris Wilcox PF Rashard Lewis
                            Chris Kaman C Dwight Howard

(6-9) 104 vs. 111 (8-8)

Dermarr Johnson skys past Hedo Turkoglu for 2 to finish the break in the Pacers loss to the Magic at the Amway Arena.

Top Performers:
                            Player Of The Game:

Dwight Howard

Quote Of The Game:
                            "When we beat them less than a week ago back in Indiana, we knew they'd be ready to defend their home turf. We came out of the gates really strong but couldn't keep it up down the stretch. Dwight is an absolute beast down low and fought for a bunch of second chance opportunities for them. Those extra possessions made the difference tonight." - Brandon Rush

Next Game:

Comment

• LC AAU
                              • Oct 2008

nice picture :jizz:

Comment

• mfbmike
                                Goat****er
                                • Nov 2008

Shorthanded Pacers Showing Inspiring Effort, Despite The Losing Record

On the surface, this looks and feels like yet another lost and forgettable Indiana Pacers basketball season. They're 6-10 heading into tonight's home game with the Los Angeles Lakers, and they prepare for a murderous East Coast road trip including games against Eastern Conference powerhouses in Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland and two games, yes two, against Boston. All this without Danny Granger; this figures to keep them entrenched low in the Eastern Conference standings for some time.

Now here's the weird part:

People like what they're doing.

They are doing exactly what people expected them to do.

Lose.

A lot.

More importantly, though, they're losing while building toward something better. They're losing while being competitive every night. They're losing while building a nice foundation of young players, a complementary cast in dire need of a star. They're losing while developing rookies Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert, who both look like they'll be very productive NBA players.

The record?

Sure, it stinks.

"I look at that (6-10),'' Jeff Foster said after Saturday's practice, "and I shake my head.''

For the organization, the losing is utterly intolerable. Pacers president Larry Bird isn't sketching out some kind of five-year rebuilding plan, especially when his contract lasts only through next season. Jim O'Brien didn't return to coaching to lose 50 games a year.

This is a team of complementary players right now without a star around whom to revolve with Granger out.

Anyhow, the Pacers are losing. But doing it in the right way.

The Pacers have had at least 6 scorers in their past 5 games (without Granger), despite going 1-4 in those games. They are playing a brand of basketball that's exciting to watch, finding one another on the break and moving the ball around.

Chris Wilcox and Chris Kaman have proven to be a formidable frontcourt duo and have given the Pacers a new found toughness down low.

T.J. Ford has averaged over 18 points, 9 assists, and over 3 steals a game since Grangers injury. Ford shouldn't make plans for February if he plans on maintaining this level of play as it could lead to a possible all-star selection.

The kids are going to be all right. Rush, in particular, has developed into an explosive player and has given the Pacers a huge boost off the bench so far this season. He's grown more in a month than Shawne Williams did in a few years. Hibbert is more of a long-term project, but we've seen flashes of his ability, and he projects as a very serviceable big man in this league for years to come.

Wally Sczcerbiak, despite taking a couple games to find himself in the Pacers offensive system, has been the go-to guy for the Pacers when they need a big shot (including a game winner against Charlotte less than a week ago). Sczcerbiak's ability to hit the 3 is invaluable for a team like the Pacers, especially when he has managed to get good looks after the big guys down low fight for offensive rebounds.

Many expect the Pacers to climb into the thick of the Eastern Conference standings upon Granger's return and assuming the players around him can continue to play at the level they are doing so right now, they may just be right.

The Pacers may be losing a bit too much for most people's taste right now. But at least they're building something.

That's a start.
                                Last edited by mfbmike; 01-08-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...