This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Messenger
    • Nov 2008

lol this chise is so gay. just give me my free rep and I'm gone. ;)

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• mfbmike
      Goat****er
      • Nov 2008

Roster Changes Taking Place In Tigers Dugout

Tigers Say Bye Bye To Sheffield

Gary Sheffield said he wants to play every day and the nine-time All-Star feels he's in a platoon for the Detroit Tigers. He also said he doesn't think he should be solely a designated hitter.

"I can be in the outfield and play every day. I don't want to DH," Sheffield told reporters. "I don't feel like a baseball player when I DH. I don't know how to be the leader that I am from the bench. I can't be a vocal leader. I can't talk to guys from the bench because I don't feel right about it.

Sheffield made these comments that left Tigers Manager Jim Leyland flabbergasted after he was waived by the team.

After being placed on waivers, Sheffield's contract was quickly picked up by the Washington Nationals.

Marcus Thames will move into the Tigers batting order and bat in Sheffield's place, as the #5 batter.

Miner To Move Into Starting Rotation

With Edwin Jackson having a rather rough start to the 2009 season and Zach Miner shining when he's come out of the bullpen, Leyland has decided to move Miner into the pitching rotation as the #5 starter and Jackson into the bullpen to possibly shake off the rust.

Tigers Acquire Anderson From Braves

The Tigers and Braves have come to a trade agreement involving a Tigers minor league pitching prospect and Braves center fielder Josh Anderson.

The Tigers have Curtis Granderson in center field, but plan to keep Anderson as a backup for speed and defense. He stole more than 40 bases in five consecutive seasons in the minors with Houston and Braves, and hit .315 in 203 at-bats in callups with Houston and Atlanta during the past two seasons.

“Baseball is obviously a business,” said Anderson, who was traded from Houston to Atlanta in 2007.. “Change is hard, but it’s part of the game. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to play than Atlanta, around all these guys and this staff.

“But I’m a big believer that when one door is closed, another opens.”
      Last edited by mfbmike; 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• mfbmike
        Goat****er
        • Nov 2008

Yeah, really didn't want to lose Shef as he was solid for me but Thames should be able to fill the void nicely.

Jackson has been fucking horrible for me. Miner has done great for me when called out of the bullpen so thinks he deserves a shot.

And the Anderson deal should help a bit as well.

Comment

• Mit
          very nice..how much?
          • Dec 2008

I'm liking the deal. Anderson is a very solid player.

Comment

• Vinsane
            • Nov 2008

Solid moves Mike. Anderson should do good for you if you get runners on and need some speed to secure runs at the plate. I don't like you letting go of Sheff, I understand the "realism" factor. Come on, the game came out a month before the season. How realistic can it really be? I understand why you did it though. Would've liked to see you go another way with it, just my two cents.
            25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• mfbmike
              Goat****er
              • Nov 2008

Yeah, if I followed baseball as closely as I did basketball, I'm sure I could've come up with something.

Oh well, Thames is younger and can probably produce as well as Shef did given the at bats.

Comment

• The Messenger
                • Nov 2008

Thames has more power. Should work out well actually.

Comment

• The Messenger
                  • Nov 2008

I see you didn't rep me in the first post. Guess you don't want me to leave.

Comment

• mfbmike
                    Goat****er
                    • Nov 2008

Not gonna rep you for being a fag. lol.

Comment

• mfbmike
                      Goat****er
                      • Nov 2008

That would be $$$$$$

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

This chise was lots of fun but it is in fact over. I lost to the twins btw in the 1st game of the series. the newcomer josh anderson knocked in my only run coincidentally. Liriano tore me up.

Default rosters and what not have me wanting to start a new one, so I did just that. Going to be playing with my hometown Marlins. Thanks for following this guys. This was my first MLB CHISE EVER ZOMG

Comment

• Vinsane
                          • Nov 2008

Stick a fork in it, this one is done!
                          25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• mfbmike
                            Goat****er
                            • Nov 2008

This is going to be coming back. Only in a new thread. Fucking Marlins are a pain in the ass. Tigers were a hell of a whole lot more fun.

Comment

• mfbmike
                              Goat****er
                              • Nov 2008

Good or not. I know it'll be more fun for me. The marlins don't have enough good hitters

Comment

• Miggy
                                The Situation
                                • Nov 2008

you dont like the Marlins here but praise them in real life.. smh
                                [10-08, 21:30] JayDizzle An alligator will kill you the fuck dead

Comment

Working...