• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Chapter 47: The Past Becoming Present
    May 26, 2027

"You serious!?" I excitedly asked, assuming my father would provide me with the answer I want.

"Yeah," he replied, giving me a nod of the head. "I feel like I can trust you enough now. The drug addiction's gone, your grades are up, plus this will not only help your football career, but your first year away from home since you'll pretty much be living on your own."

I gave him a hug, then quickly ran into my bedroom and started to throw random clothes from my closet onto my bed to pack. Minutes later, I pulled out my cellphone and scrolled down to the fourth M on my list, then let it ring a few times before the guy on the other line picked up.

"Yo what's good Sean J?" Mike said from the other line, as I picked up a slight yawn leaving me to believe he just woke up. "You get the okay for Knoxville?"

"Even better," I answered, with a slight grin creeping upon my face. "You think you'd be able to stay down there for about a month?"

"Probably," he said with a little more enthusiasm, but he was still confused. "Why though?"

"My dad was talking to his friend, a former teammate of his with the Titans and on Syracuse, and he told him that he was hosting a camp in July. He never sold the house in Tennessee, so we'll be able to stay there for a month to go to both camps. It's kinda like a long-ass vacation in a way."

"Sick!" he yelled, before I heard a rustling on the other line. It was just him dropping his phone in excitement though. "Sorry, got a little excited."

"It's okay," I chuckled. "I'm pretty excited too."

As we continued the conversation, I walked over to my desk and grabbed my laptop. Sitting it on my bed, I laid down and booted it up, before logging into Facebook. Hoping to see the name I wanted on the chat feature, I was relieved when that was the case and quickly sent him a message about my upcoming plans.

"yo guess what"

"sj! what's good bro"

"i'm good man...you still got your hook-up from back in the day?"

"yeah, why?"

"me and my boy will be at my dad's old place for a month coming up here...football camps"

"nice! yeah i got your back for sure"

"thanks man, you're more than welcome to stay at the crib while i'm down there lol"

"no doubt, no doubt...what about candace?"

Both conversations, on the phone with Mike stopped and on Facebook with Seth, stopped on a dime. I went mute after that, hung up my phone and shut down my computer almost simultaneously, as I deeply thought about the last three words to appear on my computer screen.

"What about Cadance?" I quietly whispered to myself as I scrolled through my phone to look at old pictures of her since she was on my mind. It's been almost a year since I last communicated with her and although I didn't think of her much, I couldn't get her off my mind now just because of my conversation with Seth.

As the minutes passed, I continued to reminisce on old memories between us. Despite being just 14/15 at the time, I was definitely in love with Candace and even though I haven't talked to her in forever like I said, there were still something there. Although it was a football-related trip down there, I was interested in seeing in pursuing something again with Candace, as bad as that sounds since I'm still with Haley.

Speaking of Haley, there was no way I wanted to let that go. I was very happy with her, but the opportunity of rekindling things with Candace, even if it was just for a month, might be too tempting. But who even knows if that would ever happen? Candace might be with some other dude and wouldn't even be interested in even seeing me while I'm down there. Plus, Haley only thought I'd be in Tennessee for a week or so; I don't know how she'd take it when I told her I'd be away from her for an entire month.

After a little bit more thinking, I scrolled through my contacts before finding the name I wanted, then was about to hit the call button...

...but then my phone started to ring with an incoming call. I looked to see who it was, debated on answering it, then finally did on its last ring.

"Hello?"

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• packersfan4eva
      Ryan Luxem
      • Dec 2008

Fuck this. Don't cheat on Haley.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
      I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Maize
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
        Fuck this. Don't cheat on Haley.
        Its called 'Pursuit of Happiness' not 'Pursuit of smart, moral decision.' Looking great Woy.
        "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
        2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
        Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Woy
          RIP West
          • Dec 2008

Chapter 48: Opposite Directions
          May 26, 2027

"Sean Joseph?" the female voice on the other line softly asked, probably wondering if she had the right number or not.

"Did you mean to call me Brandi?" I asked right back, confused as of why she called and a little disgusted because it was at one of the most inopportune times.

"Yeah, I haven't talked to you in a while and wanted to catch up," she answered in a much more relaxed tone. "Or is this a bad time for that?"

"I was actually going to Haley's," I said, making the decision to go there right then. "Maybe some other time before I leave for Tennessee next month."

"Really? I'll be down there in a few weeks," she quickly and excitedly replied back. "Football camp I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, but hey I have to go. I'll talk to you later, alright?"

"Okay, bye Sean Joseph."

"Fuck!" I yelled as loud as I could into my pillow, frustrated that I would probably have to deal with Brandi now along with my confusion with Candace.

I call it confusion because I still didn't know what I wanted to do; I obviously wanted to see her and catch back up, but anything more than that was still up in the air at this point. With Brandi there, she would throw a wrench into those plans because I know she would want to hang out with me as well, but I don't know if Candace and Brandi's rivalry still exists. But I had to push all of that aside, because I had to get my keys and drive out to Haley's house, not only to hang out with her, but to tell her about the trip to Tennessee.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in!" a familiar voice shouted from inside simultaneously as I opened the door. I walked over to the kitchen to see if Haley was in there, but instead she snuck up behind me and gave me a big hug. Turning around to give a kiss back, we both exchanged smiles, then went to her bedroom to talk.

Usually her smile wore off after we started watching TV or something, but this time it stayed on. I noticed it after a few minutes and then decided to bring it to her attention in case she was hiding something from me.

"Any reason for the smile still? I know I'm a good boyfriend, but I'm not that good of one."

"Ahh it's nothing," she started to push it aside, but her smile just continued to grow bigger. I looked at her with a confused expression, then she finally revealed why she was so happy. "I'm going to California this summer!"

"What?" I shot back quickly in a concerned tone. My expression continued to show confusion and she thought I was angry about her leaving when I just didn't have the backstory.

"What do you mean 'what'? Aren't you happy for me?"

"Of course I am," I slowly said, putting a fake grin on my face because nothing was making sense right now. "I'm just a little, umm, confused about why you're going to Cali."

"The mission trip I told you about a few weeks ago?"

"Oh yeah I remember now," I answered, finally realizing what she was talking about. "But yeah, I'm happy for you...makes it easier to go to Tennessee this summer."

"Tennessee?"

"Yeah, two football camps so I'll be down there for a month with Mike. I'll probably meet up with some of my old friends while I'm there."

She smiled for about a minute, then that expression faded into a worried one. I didn't know what she was feeling and was about to ask, but instead she spoke up on what was visibly bothering her.

"You still want to make this work, right? Even though we're not going to see each other for the entire summer?"

"Of course," I quickly replied, showing in my voice that I truly wanted to stay with her. "We've been together for so long as it is. I'm pretty sure we can last a few months without seeing each other."

"Or having any contact period with you..."

"Or that too...wait what?"

"I won't be able to use my phone, get on Facebook, anything," she said, shuffling her feet to show her nervousness.

"Listen, we've been together for a while like I said, so I don't want to throw it away over two months. We'll be able to get through this, don't you worry."

She smiled, gave me a kiss, then breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay good. I'm sorry for always getting so worried like this."

"It's alright, but you have to promise to do one thing for me while in Cali."

"What's that?"

"Get me Kelly Kardashian's number!"

"Shut up!" she said, punching me in the shoulder before getting up to shut the door, leaving us with our much-needed privacy.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Chapter 49: Shut Up and Drive
            June 26, 2027

"You sure you have everything?" my dad called out from the front door as Mike and I were putting our last bags into my 2028 Ford Escape.

"Yes father," I repeated for the umpteenth time as I shut the trunk door and walked to the driver's side. He then opened his mouth to say something else, but I flashed the keys to our house down there that we were staying at and he quickly closed it.

"Remember to call every once in a while and don't get into trouble down there!" he yelled before giving a friendly wave goodbye. I returned that wave, put the key in the ignition and drove off as we started our long trek to Nashville for the next month.

"So you got some hook-ups down there?" Mike asked as we were on hour number four of the trip. I nodded my head up and down in reply while keeping my eyes focused on the next exit and he smirked.

"My boy Seth hasn't left for UT yet so he'll be in the area," I replied as I looked for the nearest gas station to stop at. "We'll definitely have some parties at the crib and I still know my fair share of dimes from there."

"I can't wait to use my pick-up line I've been saving for this trip," he stated, keeping the smirk on his face from before.

"And what is that?" I said, shaking my head because I knew it was going to be something corny.

"Are you from Tennessee? Cause you're the only ten I see!" he shouted, smiling because he thought it was pretty good. "Get it? The girl is actually from Tennessee, so it's really clever!"

I parked the car at the first open gas pump I could find and then slapped Mike on the back of the head. "That's what one of these chicks would do to you if you tried that on them."

"It wasn't that bad!" he shot back as I got out of the car and went inside to pay the cashier.

Mike sat in the car and turned up the volume on the music, then looked down at his phone. 9:34 A.M.; it was amazing that he was still awake after getting up at three this morning. Looking around the area, he found Sean Joseph's phone and signed onto his Facebook in hopes of jokingly hacking it. Instead, a much better idea popped into his head as he flipped the phone on its side and started typing something for all Sean Joseph's friends to see.

"my nashville people! party at the crib tonight around 10ish, be there to welcome me back"

He then logged off of Facebook, put the phone back in the center console and then waited for Sean Joseph to come out of the store as he hoped his plan would work out for tonight.

"Yo Mike, wake up," I said, pushing him against the window as I put the car in park. "We're finally here."

He stretched his arms, then rubbed his eyes and looked out at the gigantic Woy mansion outside the car. He yawned, rubbed his eyes again, then took another glance at it and his jaw dropped. "Damn bro, why didn't we come down here before!?"

"Bigger than my place back home, huh?" I asked sarcastically as I opened the door and walked over to pull my bags out of the trunk.

"Definitely."

From there we took our bags inside and started to unpack. I gave him a quick tour of the house, which was a little empty but we kept some things behind in case of a situation like this and then I crashed on the couch after driving for so long.

I woke up a little more than an hour later to the sound of knocking on the door. Confused as of who it might be, I stood up and put on a Titans fitted to hide my bed head and walked up to the door. Looking through the peephole, I couldn't tell who exactly was outside or how many people were out there, so I slowly opened the door and was extremely surprised of what I saw...

Comment

• trojan49er
              Something Clever
              • Jun 2009

so...its been over a month since this has been updated, would i be correct in assuming this is over?

Comment

• Woy
                RIP West
                • Dec 2008

Like I told trojan in the chatbox, this is not over until I pronounce it over. I do not have the time to update at the moment but the storylines are still fresh in my mind and I plan on finishing this, even if it takes another full year.

Comment

• Cody
                  GOAAAAL
                  • Jul 2010

It's worth the wait. If you haven't read the other one check it out

Comment

• Woy
                    RIP West
                    • Dec 2008

Chapter 50: Change Of Mind
                    June 26, 2027

"Sean fucking Joseph! How the hell have you been?" an excited Seth cried out, shaking my hand as I blankly stared out to the hundreds of people standing at the front of the house. Some people I didn't recognize in Davidson Academy varsity jackets walked in behind him, carrying coolers of alcohol as I still wondered why everyone was here.

I turned back into the house and looked at Mike, who had a nervous smirk on his face. At first I wanted to yell at him because I finally pieced it together that he somehow set this up, but instead my intentions changed when I caught a glance of a familiar brunette in my sight.

"Sean Joseph!" Candace squealed, running up and giving me a hug. We both exchanged smiles, happy to see each other after such a long time. "What are you doing in Nashville again?"

"Football camps with my boy Mike," I replied, pointing over to Mike who was making friends with some of my old friends. "Dad still owns the place so we're living here by ourselves for the next month."

"Well you could have warned me!" she joked, playfully punching my left arm as we found a spot to sit down. I could tell she didn't really change a bit since we last saw each other, besides the obvious maturity in all the right places, if you catch my drift.

"So how has, well, life been since I left?" I asked once comfortable on the large couch in the living room. A quick glance around the room saw everyone enjoying themselves including a small group pulling out a large table to get a game of beer pong going. I then focused my eyes back on the beautiful brunette in front of me, as she started to answer my question.

"Pretty much the same 'ol, same 'ol," she replied rather quickly. "School's still boring, I'm still cheerleading, football team isn't as good as they should be obviously, no boyfriend...but yeah everything's still the same pretty much! How about life in Everett? How's that like?"

"It's a culture shock," I laughed. "For one, there's literally like three stop lights in the entire town. The school is smaller, there's really not much to do around the area...frankly, I don't know how my dad lived there when he was younger."

"Find anyone out there?"

The excitement in her voice caught me by surprise as she asked me about my relationship situation. I thought about how to reply for a few brief seconds, then blurted out, "Nope, not really."

"Why did I just lie about that?" I thought to myself as I started getting lost in conversation with Candace. "Sure, there's obviously something still there with the woman in front of me, but Haley has been through so much more with me. I couldn't possibly throw that away."

"Umm Sean Joseph," Candace interrupted my thoughts by waving her hand in front of me.

"Oh, what? What were you saying?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to be partners for a game of pong," she chuckled. "But I might look around for another teammate...someone who's just a tad more focused."

"You would be honored to have a teammate like me," I bragged, before taking her by the arm and walking her to the table.

Two sophomores I kind of recognized but couldn't remember their names were our opponents. The taller kid missed his first shot and I made mine, giving us possession.

"Front cup," I called out, calmly sinking the shot. Candace missed her's, but I sank the next shot, giving us a six to four advantage. The first game ended up in our favor after a few minutes, then the second one against Seth and another random kid took a bit longer.

"You ain't hitting this redemption," Seth barked out to Candace as she lined up her shot. She let the ball release from her fingertips as it took the perfect angle, causing a slight splash in the last cup on the opposite side.

"That's my girl!" I shouted, giving Candace a hug before watching Seth miss his next shot. I lined up and hit my last shot and the other kid missed their chance at redemption, giving us a comeback victory.

The last game we played was against a younger couple I didn't recognize at all. Right away I could tell this was one of their first games because they couldn't make anything. With one cup left, I closed my eyes to fuck around with them and shot it blindly, finding out I made it to the cheering and laughing of the crowd that gathered around.

"You better hit this shot, because, well I have a pretty big house," I laughed, taunting the couple who I don't think had a clue what I'm talking about. The boy nervously lined up his shot and let it go, but the only way it was going in was if there was a backboard.

"Naked lap! Naked lap! Naked lap!" the crowd started to chant, as Seth led the still confused couple outside while explaining everything to them. I started to walk with the group in the back, but Candace pulled me aside before I could get out the door.

"Do you really want to watch some nude freshmen run around your house?" she asked sarcastically, pulling me in the direction of my room. Still knowing where it was, I took one last drink of the beer I was holding then crushed the can, throwing it against the hall's wall before we finally got to my room.

"What if I did want to watch them?" I joked, before shutting the door and turning on a light. The room was pretty bare compared to what it was a few years ago and the only thing left in there was a bed and a mirror.

"Shut up," she said before moving in closer. Her bottom lip was going to have permanent dips in it if one of us didn't act soon, so I moved in even closer than her and finished the job.

After a few kisses, I laid her down on the bed and started to take my shirt off. However, something didn't feel right as I stared at that prototypical cheerleader body and I stopped.

"What's wrong?" Candace asked, sitting herself up to fix her hair in the mirror.

"I lied Candace, I do have a girlfriend back home," I revealed, bracing for an emotional response. "I'm sorry."

"No matter, I understand," she replied without flinching, which surprised me. "We can still hang out during your time here though, right?"

"Of course," I said, which triggered a smile out of her.

She slowly walked out, leaving me alone with my ever-swirling thoughts.

Comment

• trojan49er
                      Something Clever
                      • Jun 2009

wooooooooooooooooooooy!!! where you at son?

Comment

• gaysex4lif
                        No longer a noob
                        • Oct 2008

Update!

Comment

• Kurt Cobain
                          Noob
                          • Mar 2010

MOAR

Comment

Working...