• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

Week 4, June 1998 - ALPHA-1's Warriors of the Ring 3 - Live Results

ALPHA-1's Warriors of the Ring 3 - Live Results

ALPHA-1 Featherweight Championship Bout: Kei Maki (5-0) vs. Go Yamamoto (28-9)

Round 1: Both fighters come in and throw strikes, there is no real damage done by either. Yamamoto steps back to avoid a tight combination of punches after falling for a clever feint. Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, both fighters start swinging! Yamamoto is knocked down by a right hand to the chin! Maki starts pounding away on Yamamoto, looking to finish him off! Dazed as he is, Yamamoto still manages to do the smart thing and pull half guard. In half guard, Maki begins working to get side control. Maki struggles but cannot find a way past and remains stuck in half guard. Yamamoto transitions from half guard to full guard. Maki throws a few right hands as he takes a moment to plan ahead. Yamamoto attempts to grab an arm of Maki from the bottom of the guard, but cannot secure the arm. Maki pounds away with right hands, but doesn't do much damage, if any, Yamamoto is comfortable holding guard. We move into the second half of this round. With no progress being made, the referee brings the fighters back to their feet. A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning. Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, both fighters start swinging! Winning the exchange, Maki lands a right cross, Yamamoto is out before he hits the ground!

Kei 'Demon Eyes' Maki defeats 'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto (Knock Out (Punch) in 6:18 of round 1) to win ALPHA-1 Featherweight Title.

Keshin Hamamoto (3-0) vs. Masato Wai (2-0):

Round 1: A jab misses, allowing Hamamoto to counter-strike with a solid left. Hamamoto throws a barrage of big right hands but Wai moves out of range. Wai counters a left jab with a straight left. A straight left fails to land and Hamamoto is able to fire back with a flurry of quick punches. Wai shoots in, looking for a takedown. The takedown doesn't work, Hamamoto saw it coming and got out of range. Not letting Wai settle, Hamamoto moves in closer. Hamamoto slips past a left jab and counters with a solid left jab. We are now at the halfway point of the round. A straight left fails to land and Hamamoto is able to fire back with a flurry of quick punches. Wai counters a leg kick by grabbing it and attempting a takedown, getting it! Wai is in half guard. Wai attempts to pass half guard and gain a better position. Wai doesn't even bother going to side control, he simply mounts Hamamoto. Wai tries to set up Hamamoto for an armbar, but Hamamoto stacks up Wai and punches away until he stops the armbar attempt. Hamamoto gets side control off it. Hamamoto lets go of side control and stands up, then backs off, wanting the fight standing. Wai looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Hamamoto. Hamamoto finds himself pulled into a grappling contest. Wai has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Hamamoto down. The underhooks are used to set up a trip, Hamamoto is left on his back under side control! We have one minute of the round remaining. Wai looks to get a mount and gets it. Wai tries to lock Hamamoto in an armbar and gets the armbar fully applied, but too late - the round ends!

Round 2: A left jab misses and Hamamoto counters with a left hand. Hamamoto slips past a left jab and counters with a right hand. Wai counters an errant left jab with a nice jab. Not letting up, Wai steps in closer to pressure Hamamoto into action. We've now passed the halfway mark in this round. A straight left fails to land and Hamamoto is able to fire back with a quick left. Hamamoto backs away from Wai, creating some space between them. Kenshin Hamamoto is looking really tired. We have one minute of the round remaining. Wai throws out a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown. Hamamoto gets taken down by a single leg, and has to pull guard. Wai lies on top of Hamamoto, basically smothering him.The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.

Masato 'Heart' Wai defeats Kenshin Hamamoto (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 2).

Kei Maki (4-0) vs. Eizan Ijichi (8-1-1):

Round 1: Maki counters a left jab with a hard leg kick. Moving forward, Maki counters a left jab with a kick to the side of the ribs. They come together and strike, but neither can land a clean shot. A left jab misses the mark and allows Maki to counter with a right body kick. Ijichi covers up to safely defend against a flurry of rights and lefts. Working from the pocket, Maki stings Ijichi with a pair of jabs and a big right hook. Maki uses head movement to dodge a jab, and counters with a jab. There's a short stalemate as both fighters advance and throw strikes, but neither hits. Maki stalks Ijichi back toward the corner. Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt. A jab misses, allowing Maki to counter-strike with a left. Both fighters throw strikes at the same time, both miss. Maki lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a quick series of punches. The time is up, and that's the end of round one.

Round 2: A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Maki to fire back with a quick combination that ends with a scorching right cross. Ijichi barely had time to cover up. Moving forward, Maki counters a left jab with a barrage of big right hands, knocking Ijichi down! Ijichi shakes off the cobwebs quickly though, and is alert. In comes Maki looking to get some form of ground control, but Maki can't hold Ijichi down and a scramble starts. Neither fighter can gain an advantage in the scramble and they both end up on their feet. Maki counters a wayward left jab with a vicious leg kick. Moving in closer, Maki looks like he wants to strike from the pocket. Maki doesn't press the issue, allowing Ijichi to circle. We move into the final sixty seconds of this round. A flicked jab from Ijichi only finds gloves. Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.

Kei 'Demon Eyes' Maki defeats Eizan Ijichi (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 2).

Go Yamamoto (27-9) vs. Gu Ueda (18-9):

Round 1: Ueda avoids a leg kick and scores with a solid left. A flurry of rights and lefts miss, allowing Ueda to hit back with a solid left. Yamamoto avoids a jab and scores with a couple of hard right hands! Slipping past a left jab, Ueda hits a straight left. Ueda uses head movement to avoid a vicious right hand and fire right back with a clean left jab. They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage. From the missed strikes they clinch. Yamamoto is looking to get Ueda in a Muay Thai clinch. He gets it, and now has Ueda in trouble. From the clinch, Ueda gets hit with a knee to the side of the face...and it's enough to knock him out cold!

'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto defeats Gu 'Sifu' Ueda (Knock Out (Knee) in 2:38 of round 1).

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Week 4, June 1998 - ALPHA-1's Warriors of the Ring 3 - Aftermath

ALPHA-1's Warriors of the Ring 3 - Aftermath

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...