X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rivers17ncsu
    Amerson For Thorpe!
    • Mar 2010

Hey there guys! Got An Idea

Some of you may know me from IGN, I'm friends with guys like Woy and godawgs from IGN who I hear are memebers here. I know for sure Woy is.

Ok, thats not important, let me get to this idea. Lets face it, it is halfway through Feburary. Which means that March Madness is right around the corner. we're like 2 weeks away from conference tournaments starting for the mid-majors atleast.

Every year for the past three years I've done a Tournament Sim. It is nothing too complicated. I layout the brackets and what venues each team is playing in, etc. After everything is laid out clearly we will Simulate the first two rounds, in the order which the games will be played in real life. After those two are simulated. I show the remaining matchups for the sweet sixteen. It gives a preview of all the matchups like who they beat in the first two round and who are each teams top three performers, along with the teams stats through the first two rounds. We then simulate the sweet 16 and Elite 8. Show the winner of each bracket section and also announcing the MVP for that bracket. Then we would preview the final four games like we did with the Sweet 16 games. And do another preview of the National Championship game. After the sim is done we announce the winners and who was MVP of that tournament.

Now I know youre wondering, well they didn't make a college basketball game this year so which one will you be using? I will be using College Hooks 2k8 with updated rosters. Right now I am using SkyFlame's rosters, but if you want I will try other roster makers' versions and sim a whole season with each roster file. Then post the results and have you followers choose which is more realistic.

Also for fun I do make the bracket on bracketmaker.com and I will allow you to fill out a prediction bracket and at the end we can see who did well predicting the sim.

For the TL;DR People; Cliffnotes
    I will Sim the whole NCAA Tournament
    I will use College Hoops 2k8 with Updated Rosters
    I will try other rosters to see which has more realistic outcomes, if you want
    You can predict the bracket out for the sim as if you were for real life
    IT WILL BE FUN!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? YAY OR NAY?
    "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"
  • packersfan4eva
    Ryan Luxem
    • Dec 2008

I'll follow

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
    I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Woy
      RIP West
      • Dec 2008

You know I'll follow.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Maize
        • Jan 2010

I would definitely follow and where do you find updated roster? I would be interested in those...
        "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
        2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
        Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
          Amerson For Thorpe!
          • Mar 2010

I found them on the 2kshare. I checked under the top 100 files and there was a few. I just got Skyflame's Final roster. I need to try out others to see which one is the best.

Comment

• Maize
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Rivers17ncsu
            I found them on the 2kshare. I checked under the top 100 files and there was a few. I just got Skyflame's Final roster. I need to try out others to see which one is the best.
            Thanks, I didn't even think about 2KShare.
            "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
            2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
            Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
              Amerson For Thorpe!
              • Mar 2010

no problem, if you try out some different rosters other than SkyFlame's then let me know how good they are if you don't mind

Comment

• Gonzo
                Colts Supremicist
                • Dec 2008

I want to hate you because you are such a Rivers fan, but I just can't. This sounds awesome.

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                  Amerson For Thorpe!
                  • Mar 2010

thanks man! Can't blame me for loving Rivers though, he was like the savior of our program lol. I'm a like him a little to much though. I got my licenses plate after him with a NC State logo and I named my 1 year old short-legged Beagle after him, well just Rivers. lol

If any of you guys have been playing CHoops and found rosters you think are good and they aren't named Sky Flame then let me know. I'll be going through the rosters soon to see which is the most realistic

Comment

• Cody
                    GOAAAAL
                    • Jul 2010

This is awesome, do it!

Comment

• Rush
                      vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

yay

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                        Amerson For Thorpe!
                        • Mar 2010

im in the process of finding the rosters you use for the tournament. I already used one I had saved and it was pretty good IMO. Some teams were a bit underrated and some did better in the season than their ratings said they should. Overall the top teams in each conference were at the top of their conference in the game, besides mainly St Johns and Kentucky

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                          Amerson For Thorpe!
                          • Mar 2010

i think i got the right roster, but ive been having some personal problems to deal with the past couple of days, so Im not sure if ill be able to do this. if things let up and get better soon then I will, but i'm not sure when that will happen

Comment

Working...