X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

EA Sports MMA eFed 2.0!!!!

Since my last iteration of this was somewhat popular (http://www.virtualsportsdaily.com/fo...ad.php?t=65049), I decided to fire up EA Sports MMA again. I deleted some shared fighters and downloaded new ones. With football season over and my only other hobby is working on my MBA, I figured I would give this another try.

This time, it picks up at UFC 143 and I try to keep some of the same matches. Eventually this little project will turn into a beast all its own. Now that I have a HD PVR, I can take much better screen shots and may even record full fights and post them.

Anyway, I have finished the first few fight cards, but, I did not take any photos or record any fights on those b/c I wasn't even sure if I would share any of this. Feel free to offer up fights you want to see, etc.

Also, because this is using EA MMA, I have to DL all of the UFC fighters...so keep that in mind. Also, something else that I will be doing that is somewhat different this time around is that I will be using the unified rules for most fight cards, however, if I play a fight card in Japan I will use Japanese rule-set and if we are in Brazil for a fight card...Vale Tudo baby!
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

Here is a quick update as to what happened. Keep in mind, I didn't keep all fights as they were in real life.

UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs Davis (Jan 2012)

Middleweight fight:
    Demian Maia def. Mark Munoz via KO (1st round)
    Weird fight. Maia winning by knockout early in the round with a rare flash-KO.

Headline event:
    Chael Sonnen def. Michael Bisping via UD (30-27)
    Back and forth match, didn't get much going with Sonnen as I hadn't played the game in a long time and I was still on a refresher with the controls.

Main Event:
    Rashad Evans def. Phil Davis via TKO (2nd round)
    Evans landed a nice uppercut which wobbled Davis and then just attacked until the ref stopped the fight.

-----------------------------------

UFC 143: Diaz vs Condit (Feb 2012)

Lightweight fight:
    Joachim Hansen def. Diego Brandao via submission (rear naked choke - 2nd round)
    I controlled Brandao and got fucked up by Hansen. Once Brandao was on the ground, it was pretty much over.

Welterweight fight:
    Tyron Woodley def. Josh Koscheck via TKO (2nd round)
    Woodley didn't fuck around. Koscheck scored two takedowns in the first round alone, but, he didn't initiate enough punishment with his GnP. In the 2nd round, Woodley sprawled an early takedown attempt and nailed Koscheck in the face with a knee wobbling him. Woodley attacked and finished the fight.

Headline event:
    Fabricio Werdum def. Daniel Cormier via TKO (1st round)
    Not even close. Werdum beat the fuck out of Cormier.

Main Event - Interim Welterweight Championship:
    Nick Diaz def. Carlos Condit via TKO (4th round)
    I controlled Condit in this fight and Diaz did what he does IRL - he just kept coming at me and spamming with punches. I was rocked a few times throughout the fight with Condit, but, always recovered. Finally in the fourth, my stamina bar was so low and Diaz was still running strong that he just started landing those "punches in bunches" before the ref stopped it. Diaz is the interim Welterweight title holder. He'll fight GSP in his next fight which I will probably space out till November in my game calendar.

-------------------------------------------

UFC 144: Edgar vs Henderson (Feb 2012 - Japan)

Lightweight fight:
    Anthony Pettis vs Mizuto Hirota via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-30)
    FOTN! This fight was a war. Hirota rocked Pettis early, but, didn't capitalize. After that, it was just a back and forth brawl. Both guys were bloody and their stamina bars were low. I honestly didn't know who was going to be declared the winner, so I wasn't shocked when it was a split decision.

Middleweight fight:
    Jake Shields def. Yoshihiro Akiyama via submission (triangle choke - 1st round)
    This wasn't a very long fight. Kind of a bullshit result, but, anything can happen...

Headline event:
    Rampage Jackson def. Ryan Bader via TKO (1st round)
    LULZ - if this was a PPV IRL, this fight and the Akiyama fight would have forced the broadcast into multiple undercard bouts. This lasted just a few minutes. Rampage just beat the piss out of Bader. No contest.

Main Event - Lighweight championship:
    Frankie Edgar def. Ben Henderson via TKO (3rd round)
    Another battle. Henderson took the fight to the ground early and initiated some brutal GnP. Edgar got rocked a few times, but, survived. When the fight finally got off the mat, Edgar did work by landing multiple combos and wearing out Henderson. Finally, in the 3rd round, Edgar landed enough shots that Henderson dropped and the fight was stopped.

Next event - UFC 145: Jones vs Evans

Right now, I only have Jones and Evans booked. I am still trying to find some nice matchups. Just so you know, the Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions do not exist in EA MMA, so all of those fighters are currently put into the lightweight division, so that division is pretty stacked and set to provide some big matchups.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Finishing up the scheduling for the UFC 145 card and hopefully playing it tonight. Videos and pics for when I do finish the card

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

JOHNNY BONES JONES

Comment

• Jmiles
          • Jul 2011

I really enjoyed this game, and still play it some. Don't have a lot of time to play as much as I would like. I bought it WAY after it came out because I just wanted to see if it was any good. I thought it was 100X better than Undisputed 1&2. I know most of the guys in fighter share, so I know their will be some good match ups. I will probably throw some matches out their that make sense, and then for some fun. Just to see what you do with them!

Mo Lawal vs Thiago Silva is one that I think is fun. I want to see Alvarez in the UFC! Alvarez vs Gray Maynard Just keep doing what you are doing lol. I will throw some out there when I get some time to get in the game and look around.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
            #DoSomething
            • Feb 2009

UFC 145: Jones vs Evans Fight Card

UFC 145: Jones vs Evans fight card

Light Heavyweight match: Murilo Rua v Scott Smith

Welterweight match: Lyman Good v Marius Zaromskis

Headline Event: Luke Rockhold v Cung Le

Main Event - Light Heavyweight Championship match: Jon Jones (c) v Rashad Evans

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
              #DoSomething
              • Feb 2009

I finished the UFC 145 fight card this afternoon. Just getting the video ready. The Jones v Evans fight was the FOTN! It went the distance and went to a decision, but, both fighters were totally gassed at the end. I only am uploading rounds 4 & 5 because I figure, if it goes the distance you probably only want to see the last bit of the match.

I will update when finished!

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jlmiles21
                I really enjoyed this game, and still play it some. Don't have a lot of time to play as much as I would like. I bought it WAY after it came out because I just wanted to see if it was any good. I thought it was 100X better than Undisputed 1&2. I know most of the guys in fighter share, so I know their will be some good match ups. I will probably throw some matches out their that make sense, and then for some fun. Just to see what you do with them!

Mo Lawal vs Thiago Silva is one that I think is fun. I want to see Alvarez in the UFC! Alvarez vs Gray Maynard Just keep doing what you are doing lol. I will throw some out there when I get some time to get in the game and look around.
                Honestly, I really like this game more than the UFC games. But, with a limited roster and limited CAF downloads available it is difficult. I will have to DL a Thiago Silva, but, I am sure I can find one.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                  #DoSomething
                  • Feb 2009

UFC 145: Jones v Evans Results

UFC 145 from Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia

Results:

Scott Smith def. Murilo Rua via TKO (1st round); KO of the night
                  This match was no contest. I controlled Rua and got dominated by Smith's standup game. I wasn't expecting to be handled as easily as I was. User skill does play into results, but, Rua couldn't do shit and I blame the ratings more than anything.

Marius Zaromskis def. Lyman Good via Unanimous Decision (30-27)
                  I controlled Good in this fight and struggled, mightily, again. I am shocked the fight went the distance as I just took a beating with Good. Zaromskis left the fight rather unscathed and moves up the welterweight ladder.

Luke Rockhold def. Cung Le via submission (arm triangle choke - 1st round); SUB of the night
                  Rockhold struggled early with the striking of Le, but, was able to turn the tables when the fight hit the mat. Rockhold did some damage with his GnP and then went straight to side-control and for the submission. Big win for Rockhold as he makes his case as a top-contender in the middleweight division.

Jon Jones (c) v Rashad Evans - for the Light Heavyweight title; Fight Of The Night
                  A all-out battle! Both fighters were out of gas at the end as this went to a decision. A lot of takedowns. More than what you may see in a real match. In fact, I haven't seen as many takedowns in a match since GSP fought Thiago Alves IRL and took him down 12-13 times in the match. The decision was somewhat up for debate as it was a unanimous decision (48-47) for the winner...but, I'm not sure it went the way it was supposed to. Check out the video below. It is the final round (4&5) of the fight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgTGinpmgI&list=UU8wyNNyLYhzsVo9ULCJbBRQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]jon jones v rashad evans ufc 145 rounds 4&5.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                    #DoSomething
                    • Feb 2009

I'm not sure what is going on. I have my pics resized and they are showing up huge and my youtube video isn't showing up. Any help?

Comment

• Trmszczykowski
                      The Mountain recast
                      • Nov 2010

It looks perfectly fine to me.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                        #DoSomething
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Trm
                        Hmmm...my images are showing up full size. Not sure why.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                          #DoSomething
                          • Feb 2009

UFC on Fox 3: Fitch v Lawler

UFC on Fox 3 to feature Jon Fitch and Robbie Lawler

Jon Fitch will fight Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 3 event in San Jose

Full Fight Card:

Heavyweight fight:
                          Jeff Monson v Andreas Kraniotakes

Middleweight fight:
                          Benji Radach v Kazuo Misaki

Headline Event:
                          Shinya Aoki v Josh Thomson

Main Event:
                          Jon Fitch v Robbie Lawler

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                            #DoSomething
                            • Feb 2009

Jones v Evans II???

Will we see Jones v Evans II?

(AP) Las Vegas --- Jon Jones' next title defense may be against the man he just defeated. UFC President Dana White said saturday in an announcement that he is discussing rematch between the two fighters for a fight late this year.

"A rematch just makes sense," White said. "When I scored that fight, I had Rashad winning via UD and I think he deserves another opportunity."

Jones said he was not opposed to a immediate rematch.

"A lot of people are going around talking about how I lost that fight and Rashad should be holding the belt," Jone said. "I relish the opportunity to silence my critics."

A rematch may also bring in big pay-per-view numbers as well.

"Rematches from controversial decisions always sell well and the fight itself almost always delivers," White said.

While a rematch may make sense, there are plenty of other contenders at the light heavyweight division that feel they deserve a shot as well. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson tweeted:

"Rematch??? Gimme a shot anotha shot at Bones...I'll finish the fight"

While nothing is set in stone, White did say that both fighters are open to a rematch and negotiations are on-going with each fighters camp.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                              #DoSomething
                              • Feb 2009

Honestly, for anyone who has watched the video, who do you think won? The first three rounds were virtually the same as the final two. I was controlling Jones, but, I was shocked when they declared Jones the winner via UD (48-47).

Comment

Working...