Clear All
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

UFC Undisputed 3 eFed ~ EA MMA DO-OVER 2.1

See last post here: http://www.virtualsportsdaily.com/fo...=114906&page=2

If you don't want to go there, I will copy it for you below:
    Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
    See the new thread! THQ has a fighter share feature, but, when you DL the fighters, you have to distribute stats yourself and they are limited unless you BUY the CAF boost pack.

Thus, I can't have some of the same fighters as I did before with EA MMA. That being said, I am really enjoying Undisputed 3 so I am going to roll with that on a re-start.

Check out the other thread as I will be associating Pride fight cards into my own world.
    Basically, I will be starting with UFC 144: Edgar v Henderson. Everything that happened before that, IRL, will exist in this "universe/sandbox" I am creating. I will keep some of the RL matchups already scheduled to the best of my ability due to roster issues and the fighter share bullshit.

Like I was going to do with EA MMA, I am going to have some Pride events. I don't know how I am going to do it just yet, but, I thought I may have champions for each organization or just do smaller card fights and I have even thought of using those fight cards for the "Super Fights" since you can go up, and down, one weight class in Pride mode (i.e. Silva v GSP, or Silva v Jones, etc.).

I went ahead and played UFC 144: Edgar v Henderson last night. I took about a four day break from the game and it showed. I play on advanced and I really struggled in some of the fights. Anyway, I will be posting UFC 144: Edgar v Henderson fight card and results shortly!

Due to some roster limitations, I am also only going to be doing 4 fights per PPV and 3 fights per broadcast event (UFC on Fox, FX & Fuel). This way, I am not using too much of the roster at once.
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

UFC 144: Edgar v Henderson fight card

Fight Card (Main Card):

Heavyweight fight:
    Cheick Kongo (27-6-2) v Mark Hunt (7-7-0)

Middleweight fight:
    Jake Shields (26-6-1) v Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-4-2)

Co-Main Event & Light Heavyweight fight:
    Rampage Jackson (32-9-0) v Ryan Bader (13-2-0)

Main Event & Lightweight fight - for the UFC Lightweight championship:
    Frankie Edgar (c) (14-1-1) v Ben Henderson (15-2-0)

Comment

• JeremyHight
      I wish I was Scrubs
      • Feb 2009

Looks good, although if Frankie loses, I'm going to burn this place to the ground.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

I love me some Bendo but Edgar's story is one of the best in MMA right now.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

UFC 144: Edgar v Henderson results

Results:

This was the ultimate "Flash KO." Two seconds before the end of the first round, a nice uppercut from Mark Hunt put Cheick Kongo face-first on the mat. 2012 was supposed to be a year where Kongo was ready to make a run up the heavyweight division, often plagued by upsets, Kongo was upset again as his ass is now firmly supplanted towards the bottom of the heavyweight ladder. Congrats to Hunt though as he won the KOTN bonus.

This result left the virtual Dana White with a poor taste in his mouth and a scathing verbal assault on the judging of MMA scoring as Jake Shields dropped a MAJORITY DECISION - sidenote, I have never had a majority decision in any MMA game. Shields and Akiyama went back and forth the entire fight and while it was close, Shields had the advantage in striking, takedowns and knockdowns. How this fight went to Akiyama is beyond me. Especially when you consider that the post-fight animation showed Shields celebrating and Akiyama visibly upset by his performance. The game threw me a total curveball there and for that, I am not going to hold this loss against Shields all that much.

This match resulted in both fighters being awarded the FOTN bonus. I came away a little shocked by the result, but, that is because Bader was rocked a couple times and, due to Rampage being gassed, he survived. Bader landed one shot that won him the fight. However, that is how it goes sometimes.

UFC Lightweight championship match: Frankie Edgar v Ben Henderson
          I didn't like the feel of this fight at all. Can't really explain it, but, it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Enjoy and don't forget to turn out the lights!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYaFHb-Ka-g&list=UU8wyNNyLYhzsVo9ULCJbBRQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]UFC 144 Main Event Edgar v Henderson - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
            #DoSomething
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
            Looks good, although if Frankie loses, I'm going to burn this place to the ground.
            Please, control yourself.

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            I love me some Bendo but Edgar's stpry is one of the best in MMA right now.
            Hope you enjoy the fight. I wasn't a big fan of how it played out. Part of that is user-error and part of it is the...well, it's probably all user-error.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

lmao, that was an early stoppage if I ever saw one.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                lmao, that was an early stoppage if I ever saw one.
                I was shocked to see it stopped when it was too. However, with the way things were going, it was likely just a matter of time. Henderson's takedowns were very effective.

I'm not near my PS3 right now so I will post the official card later today, but, I will say the next fight card is a UFC on FX card (3 fights) and one of the fights is going to be a REALLY GOOD matchup IMVHO. I am matching up TUF 11 winner Court McGee against Alan Belcher in a middleweight match. Both fighters have the ability to make a run in the division and I think this is a really good matchup to help create some clarity in the division. Obviously Anderson Silva is the "King" at 185, but, new contenders are needed and I think both these guys can make a run to that top-tier in the 185 division especially if Silva disposes of Sonnen...the next in line would likely be Bisping, or Munoz, and after that...the waters get muddy. So I am looking to clear that up a bit.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                  I wish I was Scrubs
                  • Feb 2009

Henderson looked unstoppable. I didn't mind the ending as much as I hated how quickly the fighters were being stood up whenever there was a takedown. I think it has to do with the faster clock speed.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                    #DoSomething
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
                    Henderson looked unstoppable. I didn't mind the ending as much as I hated how quickly the fighters were being stood up whenever there was a takedown. I think it has to do with the faster clock speed.
                    I agree. It seems the only way to keep it on the ground is to continue transitioning, yet IRL, that doesn't always happen. You need more time to inflict some realistic GnP. As it stands right now, you can gas yourself very quickly and if you don't consistently throw some shots you get stood up.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                      #DoSomething
                      • Feb 2009

UFC on FX: Alves v Kampmann

Full Fight Card (Main Card):

Welterweight fight - Main Event:
                      Thiago Alves (24-7-0) v Martin Kampmann (18-5-0)

Bantamweight fight - Co-Main Event:
                      Joseph Benavidez (7-2-0) v Takeya Mizugake (15-6-2)

Middleweight fight:
                      Court McGee (13-1-0) v Alan Belcher (16-5-0)

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Alves - Benavidez - Belcher

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                          #DoSomething
                          • Feb 2009

UFC on FX: Alves v Kampmann results

Fight Results:

We were about one minute away from Court McGee and Alan Belcher going to a decision. McGee got Belcher to the ground after Belcher initiated the clinch. McGee immediately tried to stand the fight up and Belcher locked in a triangle choke after getting into butterfly guard. McGee couldn't escape it and Belcher won the fight and Submission of the Night honors.

Benavidez had a battle on his hands in this one, but, he was able to pull it out in the 3rd round with a TKO victory.

Main Event Welterweight match - Thiago Alves v Martin Kampmann
                          This fight won Fight of the Night honors - as well it should have. Both these guys went to war and just threw bombs at each other! I loved this fight! A lot of clinch work and a lot of brawling. Ended with just over a minute left in the third round.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4E6cr12t4&list=UU8wyNNyLYhzsVo9ULCJbBRQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]UFC on FX Alves v Kampmann UFC UD 3 gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• bdub
                            Woah Cam!
                            • Jul 2009

Are you planning on running a flyweight division? I could get cracking on making CAFs for dodson, mccall, urushitani, louis guadnot, etc. That's something I'd love to see in this e-fed

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                              #DoSomething
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bdub
                              Are you planning on running a flyweight division? I could get cracking on making CAFs for dodson, mccall, urushitani, louis guadnot, etc. That's something I'd love to see in this e-fed
                              I would definitely be open to a Flyweight division. I think Benavidez is dropping to 125 IRL, but, the games fighter share feature only allows you do DL a "shell" of the fighter. You get the look, but, you get none of the ratings. They are forcing you to buy a Boost Pack at $3 a pop to get additional points. Some guys at OS and mma-caf.com say they have a work around, but, it appears you have to put some time into career mode, which I have not started yet, so I may do that and see if I can't get the career CAF to a decent level and use his points to apply them to the guys I DL.

Comment

Working...