• young2rice
    Rockstar
    • Mar 2009

1992 - Week 7 Wrap up
    ==========================================

Week 7 Games
    -----------------------------------------------------
    (4-1) - - 15 - Vs - 13 - - (2-3)
    P.O.T.G. - DE - Alonzo Spellman (2 Tak - 2 Sack - 1 FF - 1 FR - 1 Def - 1 Safety)

(5-0) - - 12 - Vs - 13 - - (4-1)
    P.O.T.G. - WR - Louis Lipps (5 Rec - 13.4 Avg - 67 Yds - 1 TD - 0 Drop)

(3-2) - - 37 - Vs - 9 - (0-5)
    P.O.T.G. - WR - Derek Hill (5 Rec - 18.6 Avg - 93 Yds - 1 TD - 1 Drop)

(2-3) - - 28 - Vs - 13 - (5-0)
    P.O.T.G. - WR - Herman Moore (5 Rec - 18.6 Avg - 93 Yds - 2 TD - 1 Drop)

(3-2) - - 7 - Vs - 31 - (3-2)
    P.O.T.G. - HB - Bo Jackson (18 Att - 4.9 Avg - 89 Yds - 2 TD - 1 Fum - 5 Rec - 4.0 Avg - 20 Yds)

(1-5) - - 9 - Vs - 21 - (3-2)
    P.O.T.G. - HB - Earnest Byner (28 Att - 3.6 Avg - 100 Yds - 2 TD - 2 Rec - 9.5 Avg - 19 Yds)

o.t. (4-2) - - 23 - Vs - 17 - (3-3) o.t.
    P.O.T.G. - WR - Robert Clark (3 Rec - 23.3 Avg - 70 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Drop)

(4-1) - - 27 - Vs - 10 - (4-2)
    P.O.T.G. - HB - Herschel Walker (37 Att - 3.5 Avg - 128 Yds - 1 TD - 4 Rec - 5.0 Avg - 20 Yds)

(2-4) - - 44 - Vs - 10 - (2-3)
    P.O.T.G. - WR - John Taylor (5 Rec - 21.0 Avg - 105 Yds - 1 TD - 2 KR - 64.5 Avg - 129 Yds - 1 TD - 5 Pr - 13.4 Avg - 67 Yds)

(3-3) - - 24 - Vs - 17 - (4-1)
    P.O.T.G. - HB - Barry Sanders (26 Att - 3.8 Avg - 99 Yds - 1 TD)

(3-2) - - 27 - Vs - 13 - (2-4)
    P.O.T.G. - WR - Jeff Graham (3 Rec - 34.0 Avg - 102 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Drop)

(2-4) - - 10 - Vs - 44 - (1-4)
    P.O.T.G. - HB - Ricky Watters (24 Att - 4.7 Avg - 112 Yds - 4 TD - 1 Fum - 4 Rec - 11.3 Avg - 45 Yds)

Bye Weeks - Broncos / Chiefs / Cowboys

News & Notes
    ========================================
    Career Firsts
    -------------------
    Buccaneers - QB - Dave Brown - 1st Career Passing TD

Complaining About Not Starting
    -----------------------------------
    Raiders - DT - Danny Noonan

Players of the Week
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Offensive Player of the Week
    Defensive Player of the Week
    Top 3 Performances
    ================================
    QB
    ========

HB
    =========
    WR
    =========
    DL
    =========
    LB
    =========
    DB
    =========

Injuries
    ===================================

Last edited by young2rice; 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

My Band's Myspace - Validus

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

I still love this, keep it up.

I am thinking about re-reading the entire thing again. This is great.

Comment

• young2rice
        Rockstar
        • Mar 2009

Yeah i've thought about that but that would take some time in photoshop (because i'd have to make one for each of the sizes that i use in the reports, etc.) since unfortunately for some reason the majority of the old logos available online are the wrong sizes, etc.

I figured i'd rather spend my free time reporting then messing with that atm, since the updates are coming slower.

Just wanted to say i'm going through a lot of changes right now, new job, new girls, about to be a new apt. too soon, which is why the free time's being eaten up!

I'll try to get another article or two up and we'll go from there.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• JBregz
          Follow me! @JBregzz
          • Nov 2008

Just wondering. Is Favre in this?

Follow me on twitter @JBregzz
          Follow me on twitch bitch http://www.twitch.tv/jbregz/
          Redskins TGT Scheduling Thread http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...eduling-Thread

Comment

• young2rice
            Rockstar
            • Mar 2009

Favre's in the game, he got drafted #1 overall by the Falcons just like in real life, however in free agency the Giants, not the Packers, ended up picking him up. So he'll be their new franchise QB for years to come if he continues the way he is in-game.

Chris Chandler was drafted by the Colts in 1988, then in 1990 he went to Tampa, then the Cardinals, Oilers, Rams, then the Falcons from 1997-2001 where he was probably most famous in his career (since he had a couple decent statistical seasons), then Chicago, and finally in 2007 back on the Rams where he ended his career as a backup. In this franchise though after leaving the Buccaneers he is now with the Browns in their carousel of Bernie Kosar injury-replacement quarterbacks.

Mark Vlasic is not madden generated, he's a real guy. Vlasic was drafted by the Chargers in 1987 then in 1991 he joined the Chiefs for what would be his last year in the NFL before making a quick exit, went to college @ Iowa. In the madden game though he just got lucky by having injuries put him in the starting spot. Then I guess Madden took a liking to him and he was doing pretty good. In the game he's a west-coast style player and is very effecient, but not bomb-tastic (sort of like say Brad Johnson/Jeff Garcia). So madden had him progress greatly in his first couple of seasons and now he's at least a top 20 QB in the game.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• Aso
              The Serious House
              • Nov 2008

Quick question, how are you managing to do this on Madden without 32 teams.

Sorry to point this out but I noticed the Chiefs and Cowboys had bye weeks in 2 consecutive weeks.
              Last edited by Aso; 11-26-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• young2rice
                Rockstar
                • Mar 2009

heh thats why the "bye weeks" also include games against the Jaguars/Panthers/Ravens/Texans.

I just save before I sim the game, sim it, and then check to make sure there are no new injuries on the non-expansion team, the non-expansion team wins, as well as no monster games (like 8-9 passing TD games etc) and then save once that happens again.

So far this works but it's a little unfair for the Oilers/Colts since they have both the Jags/Texans in their division they essentially get 4 free wins a year. Then again it doesn't not work since the Oilers were a good team back then anyway, but the Colts as a result have a little higher record than they normally would, even if it's still not that great. (like when they should be 3-13 or something they'll have a 7-9 season).

Luckily this will really only matter for 3 more seasons, as then it'll be 1995 and I can have the expansion draft for the Jaguars/Panthers and bring them in.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                  Rockstar
                  • Mar 2009

Okay hopefully with the holidays here and not much for me to do with my GF being out of town until the 2nd week of January i'll try my best to continue updating this guys, just as usual, bear with me for being such a slacker.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                    Rockstar
                    • Mar 2009

Cleveland's Quarterback Graveyard

AP - Right now if you want to be a healthy quarterback in the NFL there's one place you should avoid like the plague, Cleveland. So far this season the Cleveland franchise has endured multiple injuries and have signed three different quarterbacks. Which is now putting a giant warning label on the team that reads "SIGN AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

It all started when the Browns star quarterback, Bernie Kosar went down with an inury early in the season with a broken tailbone that is going to keep him out until a few weeks from now. Due to the injury the Browns decided to go with rookie quarterback, Ty Detmer. However it wouldn't be too long before the same injury bug would bite Detmer as a torn shoulder would sideline him for multiple weeks. The Browns swung a trade that brought youngster Chris Chandler into the fold. Desperately needing depth with only Jeff Francis on the roster the Browns also signed ex-Lions quarterback, Scott Campbell to a deal. Chandler would start with Scott Campbell backing up and Jeff Francis sitting at 3rd string. However Chandler suffered a mild concussion in week 6 that knocked him out of the game. Scott Campbell came in to throw his first passes as a Cleveland Brown and he unfortunately broke his shoulder and will be out for 3 weeks.

With four injured quarterbacks in Bernie Kosar, Chris Chandler, Scott Campbell, and Ty Detmer, the Browns options are running out. After the two injuries in the Browns week 6 game they went out and signed 33 year old veteran quarterback Jeff Kemp (77 Ovr). Kemp signed a 1 year $1.48 million dollar contract with a $380k signing bonus. As of right now it appears Kemp has the edge over Jeff Francis. Eitherway those are now the only two healthy quarterbacks on a roster that contains 6.

If you're a quarterback in the league and are looking for a place to start, don't go to Cleveland. All you'll end up with is pain's and aches. Some would say it's a miracle that the Browns are only 2-4 right now and could still potentially recover down the line.
                    Last edited by young2rice; 12-27-2009, 03:52 PM.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                      Rockstar
                      • Mar 2009

Okoye & Chiefs Co. Are 6-1?

AP - Perhaps the biggest surprise so far of the 1992 season is the success of the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs currently sit with only a single loss in week 4 against the Cincinnati Bengals when the Bengals scored in the final minutes of the game to lose 17 to 13. Otherwise they are perfect, thanks to the play of star runningback Christian Okoye.

The Nigerian Nightmare is not a secret weapon for the Chiefs. In fact, every defense in the league knows that he is the Chiefs bread-and-butter when it comes to their offensive attack. With 787 yards and 7 touchdowns so far on the season Okoye is on a blistering pace for the year. But perhaps it is the stalwart leadership of Steve Pelluer that is having more of an affect than Okoye?

The Chiefs weren't expected to do much this season because of their lack of a passing game. Everyone knew the Chiefs would be a one dimensional run team that wouldn't be able to air it out, and for the most part that's been true. However for some reason there is just an untangible asset that Steve Pelluer has that is desirable over all other assets in this league, the ability to win. Despite barely passing 1,000 yards on the year, and only having 5 touchdowns to 10 interceptions Pelluer has 6 victories. Which right now he is the only quarterback who can say that, as Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Don Majkowski, Troy Aikman, and Boomer Esiason only have 5 wins each.

The Chiefs also have the advantage of having a solid defense that will give the ball to the Chiefs and Okoye who can grind it out, giving them the perfect ball control offense in terms of time of possession. With Derrick Thomas nabbing 7 sacks so far this year he continues to be a relentless rusher. Not to mention defensive tackle Dan Saleaumua has started to contribute more in the pass attack as well, since he's normally just a run stopping expert.

If Okoye can keep up his pace and Pelluer can keep pulling out the victories the Chiefs may be a surprise player come January. However they are in a tough division where the Broncos and Raiders are looking to put down any opportunity the Chiefs might think they can obtain.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• TheSanchize
                        #1 Mets and Jets Fan
                        • Jun 2009

Great as always man...
                        "Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical. -Yogi Berra

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Yeah your writing is very good. Very detailed and tells you a lot about whats going on. I definitely have to give you props for putting together and continuing this incredible franchise.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

I'm planning on doing something similar to this but starting in the year 1983.

Comment

• young2rice
                              Rockstar
                              • Mar 2009

1992 - Week 8 Wrap up
                              ==========================================

Week 8 Games
                              -----------------------------------------------------
                              (1-6) - - 7 - Vs - 26 - - (5-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - WR - Mark Duper (6 Rec - 16.7 Avg - 100 Yds - 1 TD - 0 Drop)

(5-1) - - 3 - Vs - 27 - - (4-3)
                              P.O.T.G. - HB - Barry Sanders (34 Att - 5.2 Avg - 177 Yds - 1 TD - 1 Fum - 3 Rec - 15.3 Avg - 46 Yds - 0 TD)

(2-4) - - 20 - Vs - 27 - (2-4)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Jim Everett (19 of 25 Att - 76% - 329 Yds - 2 TD - 2 Int)

(5-1) - - 0 - Vs - 27 - (3-4)
                              P.O.T.G. - HB - Vince Workman (11 Att - 3.9 Avg - 43 Yds - 1 Fum - 10 Pr - 9.4 Avg - 94 Yds - 1 TD)

(3-4) - - 27 - Vs - 17 - (6-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Joe Montana (16 of 35 Att - 45.7% - 230 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Int)

(4-2) - - 7 - Vs - 10 - (3-3)
                              P.O.T.G. - LB - Mike Singletary (13 Tak - 2 Sack - 2 FF - 1 FR - 2 Deflect)

(4-2) - - 41 - Vs - 16 - (5-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Warren Moon (19 of 26 Att - 73.1% - 295 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Int)

(3-3) - - 14 - Vs - 9 - (4-2)
                              P.O.T.G. - WR - Clarence Verdin (1 Rec - 2.0 Avg - 2 Yds - 2 KR - 20.5 Avg - 41 Yds - 6 PR - 16.7 Avg - 100 Yds - 1 TD)

(0-6) - - 13 - Vs - 9 - (2-4)
                              P.O.T.G. - LB - Ricky Jackson (12 Tak - 1 Sack - 2 FF - 1 FR - 2 Deflect)

(4-2) - - 3 - Vs - 21 - (2-4)
                              [b]P.O.T.G. - HB - Steve Broussard (20 Att - 3.1 Avg - 62 Yds - 1 TD - 5 Rec - 8.4 Avg - 42 Yds)[/b

Bye Weeks - Giants / Jets / Patriots / Raiders

News & Notes
                              ========================================
                              Career Firsts
                              -------------------
                              None

Complaining About Not Starting
                              -----------------------------------
                              Bills - RG - Mitch Frerotte

Players of the Week
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Offensive Player of the Week
                              Defensive Player of the Week
                              Top 3 Performances
                              ================================
                              QB
                              ========
                              HB
                              =========
                              WR
                              =========
                              DL
                              =========
                              LB
                              =========
                              DB
                              =========

Injuries
                              ===================================

Last edited by young2rice; 12-29-2009, 04:57 PM.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• Aso
                                The Serious House
                                • Nov 2008

No surprise Chiefs get their first loss against the 49ers. 49ers are definitely coming back and gonna win their division.

Comment

Working...