X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • young2rice
    Rockstar
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
    No surprise Chiefs get their first loss against the 49ers. 49ers are definitely coming back and gonna win their division.
    Yeah i was just surprised at how bad they started out this year, but it didn't come as a surprise that they were going to recover. The defense was decimated this past off-season with the departures of Charles Haley/Ronnie Lott/Darryl Pollard/Dave Waymer, while they have some good young replacements, and Bill Romanowski/Lewis Billups, they'll have to wait a few years before those youngsters are up to par with their former defense, and by then Romanowski/Billups will probably be gone as well. Not to mention the rush attack of Brent Fullwood, and an old Sammy Smith isn't exactly lighting up the field. Next year they'll have to find their virtual "Ricky Watters" since the Rams grabbed him, that will help them in the future if they want to have the success they did in the 90's post-Montana with Young at the helm.

The Chiefs on the other hand are one of the biggest surprises to me this year. I was fully expecting with Steve Pelleur as the only option at QB they would suffer greatly, but Okoye and their defense have been keeping them in games with a ball control-style offense. I don't have faith in them come later in the season though as I fully expect Pelluer's shortcomings to bring them down.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

My Band's Myspace - Validus

Comment

• young2rice
      Rockstar
      • Mar 2009

Blair Thomas Can't Stay Healthy; Jets Sign Derrick Moore

AP - Jets runningback Blair Thomas is currently playing in his 3rd NFL season and has already shown signs of greatness. The former Penn State player is playing games that rival some of the best backs in the league, but can he stay healthy to continue?

Every year so far for Blair Thomas he has suffered an injury that has kept him from elevating to an elite level. As a rookie in 1990 Blair Thomas brought hope to New York as he played greatly during his split-time with Freeman McNeil. McNeil had 242 touches that year but Thomas led in touchdowns with an oustanding 116 carry, 540 yard and 6 touchdown season. He averaged a full 1.3 yards more per carry than McNeil that season who had been showing signs of aging and slowing down. The Jets felt they had their top notch future runningback in Thomas, and were hoping that in 1991 he would reach that potential.

When 1991 rolled around Thomas was the clear-cut starter but injuries cut him short. Thomas had a great year with 779 yards and 5 touchdowns on 206 carries before he got injured and was knocked out for the rest of the season. McNeil was called on again and he finished up with 466 yards and 4 touchdowns, but the future remained bright in New York, at least for the time being.

The Jets made a risky move earlier this season in an attempt to right their sinking ship. With the Dallas Cowboys loosing Emmitt Smith to an injury they desperately scoured the NFL for teams with an offer, and the Jets decided that it may be time to part with Freeman McNeil because of thier utmost confidence in Blair Thomas. McNeil was traded away to the Cowboys and the very next week Blair Thomas suffered yet another injury. In an attempt to continue their deals the Jets traded with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and snagged disgruntled ex-Buc halfback, Gary Anderson. Anderson has had 269 yards on 70 carries for 1 touchdown and has done a decent job of substituting for Thomas in the interim. Thomas was scheduled to come back from his injury this week and he managed to nab a couple of carries before a hard hit strained his back. Thomas would be placed, once again, on the injured squad as doctors say it will take about 7 weeks for Thomas to be ready again. So far this season Thomas has had 124 carries for 476 yards and 5 touchdowns, he continues to put up solid numbers during his tenure, but he just can't stay healthy enough to eek out his first 1,000 yard year, or nab double digit touchdowns. If Thomas continues this streak of injuries then he may never be able to reach that second level of ability that the Jets believe he can achieve.

In order to stem the constant injuries the Jets made another move this week when they signed 24 year old back, Derrick Moore (75 Ovr) to a single year deal. The contract was a $1.08 million dollar deal with a $240,000 dollar signing bonus. Moore was originally drafted earlier this year but was cut when the team was unable to afford him. The rookie Moore is coming out of northeast state and has shown signs of ability, but will still be the 3rd string back on the Jets squad. He may see a couple of carries as the #2 back behind Gary Anderson during Thomas' injury period, but for the Jets sake hopefully that'll be the only injury they'll have to cope with.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• TheSanchize
        #1 Mets and Jets Fan
        • Jun 2009

Yikes man..lots of injuries..
        "Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical. -Yogi Berra

Comment

• young2rice
          Rockstar
          • Mar 2009

Yeah I guess it's realistic though. Not to mention in real life that was the same thing that plagued Blair Thomas.

I'm gonna try and get some of the mid-way stats up.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
            Rockstar
            • Mar 2009

1992 - Mid Season Individual Player Statistics - Passing
            ================================================== =======

Last edited by young2rice; 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
              Rockstar
              • Mar 2009

1992 - Mid Season Individual Player Statistics - Rushing
              ================================================== ===

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                Ryan Luxem
                • Dec 2008

*bump* I'm definitely following this, it's looking sick.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• young2rice
                  Rockstar
                  • Mar 2009

Thanks just got some motivation to continue along with the stats to get this moving.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                    Rockstar
                    • Mar 2009

1992 - Mid Season Individual Player Statistics - Receiving
                    ==============================================

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• TheSanchize
                      #1 Mets and Jets Fan
                      • Jun 2009

That looks like a ton of work...way to go!

Comment

• strahanfan92
                        Meat
                        • Aug 2009

LOL @ Bret Favre being a Giant and Stevie Walsh being a starter.. nice stuff young2rice

Comment

• young2rice
                          Rockstar
                          • Mar 2009

Thanks guys, yeah it's a little bit of effort, but worth it imo.

Yep Favre will now lock up for a long period of time in New York, and who knows what'll happen for them.

Steve Walsh was given the start due to injuries and poor play as well by the starters, so he's getting shot just like he did in real life for the same reasons, but I have a feeling it'll still end in the same result as the Saints are fighting to get barely any wins.

About to put up the defensive stats and move on to the next week.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                            Rockstar
                            • Mar 2009

1992 - Mid Season Individual Player Statistics - Defense
                            ==============================================

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• young2rice
                              Rockstar
                              • Mar 2009

1992 - Week 9 Wrap up
                              ==========================================

Week 9 Games
                              -----------------------------------------------------
                              (4-4) - - 23 - Vs - 33 - - (3-4)
                              P.O.T.G. - K - Jason Hanson (6 of 7 FG - 85.7% - 50lg - 1 of 1 xp - 100%)

(4-3) - - 31 - Vs - 28 - - (4-3)
                              P.O.T.G. - WR - Gary Clark (8 Rec - 9.5 Avg - 76 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Drop)

(1-6) - - 19 - Vs - 17 - (6-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - LB - Pat Swilling (12 Tak - 1 Sack - 1 Int - 1 Deflect)

(5-3) - - 35 - Vs - 21 - (1-7)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Dave Krieg (24 of 30 Att - 80% - 253 Yds - 3 TD - 1 Int)

(3-4) - - 10 - Vs - 17 - (5-2)
                              P.O.T.G. - HB - Keith Woodside (16 Att - 2.5 Avg - 40 Yds - 2 TD - 1 Fum)

(4-3) - - 16 - Vs - 17 - (5-2)
                              P.O.T.G. - WR - Haywood Jeffries (5 Rec - 17.4 Avg - 87 Yds - 1 TD - 0 Drop)

(6-1) - - 10 - Vs - 12 - (4-3)
                              P.O.T.G. - K - Greg Davis (4 of 4 Fg - 100% - 50 lg)

(5-2) - - 21 - Vs - 24 - (2-5)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Marc Wilson (24 of 38 Att - 63.2% - 222 Yds - 2 TD - 0 Int)

(4-3) - - 13 - Vs - 23 - (4-4)
                              P.O.T.G. - SS - Mark Robinson (10 Tak - 2 Deflect - 2 FF - 1 FR)

(4-3) - - 24 - Vs - 17 - (6-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - CB - Kirby Jackson (2 Deflect - 3 Int - 1 TD)

(5-2) - - 27 - Vs - 17 - (2-5)
                              P.O.T.G. - CB - Carl Carter (2 Tak - 2 Def - 2 Int - 1 TD)

(4-3) - - 10 - Vs - 13 - (6-1)
                              P.O.T.G. - QB - Dan Marino (24 of 36 Att - 66.7% - 175 Yds - 1 TD - 0 Int)

Bye Weeks - Browns / Eagles

News & Notes
                              ========================================
                              Career Firsts
                              -------------------
                              None

Complaining About Not Starting
                              -----------------------------------
                              None

Players of the Week
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Offensive Player of the Week
                              Defensive Player of the Week
                              Top 3 Performances
                              ================================
                              QB
                              ========
                              HB
                              =========
                              WR
                              =========
                              DL
                              =========
                              LB
                              =========
                              DB
                              =========

Injuries
                              ===================================

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

Comment

• TheSanchize
                                #1 Mets and Jets Fan
                                • Jun 2009

This is fucking amazing as always man.

Comment

Working...