X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lce5007
    Noob
    • May 2014

Part II of Phixing the Phillies

I had a previous thread where I was trying to take care of the Phillies, but decided to start over. This time is a bit different. I decided to put everything on auto, sim the entire 2014 season, and then I will pick up from there. In this world, Ruben Amaro will get fired for having another piss poor season, then I take over as the new GM in the offseason after 2014. That way I can pretty much overhaul whatever roster he leaves me with at that point.

I still won't actually play the games, but just set the lineups and manage the rosters. I will keep everyone updated as to any major changes once I get to that point. Next post will be a recap of how bad 2014 was, and then continuous updates as to the roster moves I complete, and some that I fail at.
  • lce5007
    Noob
    • May 2014

The Phillies ended up 68-94 in the 2014 season. Maybe I'll get a good draft pick at least. I also remember seeing that he traded Papelbon, Ruiz, and Cole Hamels. Ugh. I've also been informed that the budget has been decreased by 5%. Looks like I got some work to do...

Comment

• lce5007
      Noob
      • May 2014

Ronny Cedeno retired due to injury at age 32, but otherwise no one left me. Time to trim the fat and attempt to work magic in the free agency. I will post any signings as they happen, as well as potential targets that I missed on.

Ruben did a decent job in the simulated draft at least. Here is what happened with that:

SP David Carter (19 years old, 59 overall, A potential) signed for 259k over three years.
      C Kevin Taveras (18 years old, 58 overall, B potential) signed for 259k over three years.
      RP Ian Torres (20 years old, 49 overall, D potential) signed for 183k over three years.
      RP Victor Francisco (19 years old, 46 overall, D potential) signed for 183k over three years.
      CF David Bates (20 years old, 44 overall, C potential) signed for 64k over one year.
      1B Eric Ojeda (22 years old, 36 overall, C potential) signed for 130k over two years.

I like the signings aside from the two RP. I will try and move everyone in trades most likely, except the top two.

Comment

Working...