X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lce5007
    Noob
    • May 2014

[360] NCAA Football 2014 Online Dynasty

Since they are no longer making this game, I decided to keep my 360 just for this. I want to set up an online dynasty on there and have other humans in the league, because it's not as fun when it is just the CPU. As expected, I will have rules to the dynasty. If you don't like them, don't join. If you don't follow them, then I will get rid of you on there. Pretty straight forward.

For starters, I have downloaded someone's updated rosters that were made the since draft. They seem fairly accurate for the most part, at least concerning major players that people know. I am also changing all the conferences, because real life is retarded. In my world, the conferences are all done based on geography and simple math. By that I mean Big Ten has ten teams, Louisiana Tech isn't in the Western Athletic Conference (I know that's not the case anymore, but once was), etc. The game makes you keep one team in the Independents, so the odd man out was Minnesota (sorry bro's). An example of a conference would be the Big Twelve. The state of Texas just so happens to have exactly twelve teams in it, so I put them together in that conference. I will post the exact breakdowns of the conferences in my next post. This also removes all automatic qualifiers for bowl games, so it is open season in that aspect.

Now for the rules:
    -We are playing with six minute quarters. If the stats get too ridiculous, I'll drop it to five, but lets hope not.

-The skill level will be on Heisman. I for one will train-wreck the computer on the level right below that, but suck just enough at this game that I do occasionally lose on Heisman.

-On that note, IT IS OK TO LOSE IN A VIDEO GAME! I know too many people who will quit if they are losing and restart it. Just suck it up and take the loss. If I see any restarts, I throw out results and sim it, unless you can provide proof that it froze or something.

-Don't play like a scumbag. You know what I mean by that. Don't do those stupid glitch plays that happen every year, don't run the same things over and over, etc. There is always someone who has a DE end up with triple the NCAA sack record, and weird things like that. Try to make it realistic.

-Similar to that, don't over-sign guys when it comes to recruiting. I've seen too many times where people just keep signing guys, then cut them anyways, and they end up just being deleted from the game. The game isn't smart enough for the recruits to make sense of situations, or to have guys who get cut try and transfer elsewhere. An example would be my one friend who was Florida, signed the top three rated Kickers (just so no one else could get them), then turns out he didn't need one to begin with and cut all three. That doesn't fly with me.

-I will advance whenever I want to. If everyone is done and set ready to advance, I will advance. If someone isn't done yet, I am willing to wait on it to a certain extent. I understand no everyone has the same schedule in life, so I'll work with ya on that. The Madden league I was in had a good setup. They allowed one day to have everything done, unless you spoke with the commissioner about your circumstance. If I don't hear from you and you are the one we are waiting on, you get simmed.

I think that about sums it up. My next post will have the conference breakdowns. I believe the limit on teams is twelve total, so first come first serve there. All teams are open. Just as a heads up, I'm probably taking Penn State. I went there, I loved it, I still do, I had nothing to do with Sandusky, so I don't care what other people say. Let me know who you want to be and what your gamertag is, then I can invite you.
  • lce5007
    Noob
    • May 2014

As promised, here are the conferences. I have listed the name of the conference (followed by the explanation of why these teams are together), the breakdown of divisions (if applicable), and the teams. If they are ranked, that is the number by them. Ideally, I would like to have one person in each conference, so plan accordingly. By that I mean if you want USC and someone is already Orgeon, pick a different conference. Again, first come first serve. Also, every conference is set to have games any day of the week, conference games can start week one, and the championship game (if you have one) will be set at whichever stadium I choose.

ACC (Teams from Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina, all of which are states that border the ATLANTIC COAST)
    12 Clemson
    24 Duke
    ECU
    NC State
    UNC
    Old Dominion
    9 South Carolina
    UVA
    Va Tech
    Wake

American (Teams from Maryland up through the rest of the northeastern part of the country. Where America started! [kinda])
    DIV A (PA, MD, and NJ teams)
    Maryland
    Navy
    Penn State
    Pitt
    Rutgers
    Temple
    DIV B (NY, MA, and CT teams)
    Army
    Boston College
    Buffalo
    UConn
    UMass
    Syracuse
    Championship game at MetLife Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

Big 12 (Twelve teams... all from Texas)
    DIV A
    SMU
    TCU
    Texas
    21 Texas A&M
    Texas State
    UTSA
    DIV B
    6 Baylor
    Houston
    North Texas
    Rice
    Texas Tech
    UTEP
    Championship game at Cowboys Stadium - Dallas, Texas

Big Ten (Ten teams... comprised of Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin)
    Ball State
    Central Michigan
    Eastern Michigan
    Indiana
    Michigan
    4 Michigan State
    Notre Dame
    Purdue
    Western Michigan
    19 Wisconsin

Conference USA (Teams from Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky)
    DIV A (The Ohio teams [minus University of Ohio])
    Akron
    Bowling Green
    Cincy
    Kent State
    Miami University
    7 Ohio State
    Toledo
    DIV B (The teams from WV and KY, plus U of Ohio because it is located closest to the border compared to other schools.)
    Kentucky
    18 Louisville
    Marshall
    Ohio
    WVU
    Western Kentucky
    Championship game hosted by team with best conference record, because they didn't have any neutral sites available in those states

Mid-American Conference (You guessed it, the states in the middle of America)
    DIV A (Teams from IL, MO, and IA)
    Iowa
    Iowa State
    Illinois
    23 Northern Illinois
    8 Missouri
    Northwestern
    DIV B (Teams from NE, KS, and OK)
    Kansas
    Nebraska
    Kansas State
    11 Oklahoma
    13 OK State
    Tulsa
    Championship game played in Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

Mountain West Conference (Teams generally near the Rockies)
    DIV A (Teams from CO, UT, and NM)
    Air Force
    BYU
    Colorado
    Colorado State
    New Mexico
    New Mexico State
    Utah
    Utah State
    DIV B (Teams from AZ, ID, NV, and WY)
    Arizona
    14 ASU
    Boise State
    Idaho
    Nevada
    UNLC
    Wyoming
    Championship game played in Sports Authority Field at Mile High - Denver, Colorado

Pac 12 (Another no brainer... There are TWELVE teams that come from the states that border the PACIFIC ocean)
    DIV A (Teams that are located the most north)
    Cal
    10 Oregon
    Oregon State
    5 Stanford
    Washington
    Washington State
    DIV B (Teams that are located the most south)
    20 Fresno State
    Hawaii
    SDSU
    San Jose State
    17 UCLA
    25 USC
    Championship game played in Aloha Stadium - Honolulu, Hawaii

SEC (Again... These teams come from the furthest southeast corner of the country)
    DIV A (Teams not from Florida, aka GA and AL)
    3 Alabama
    2 Auburn
    UAB
    22 Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Georgia State
    South Alabama
    Troy
    DIV B (Teams from Florida)
    Florida
    15 UCF
    Miami
    FAU
    FIU
    1 FSU
    USF
    Championship game played in EverBank Field - Jacksonville, FL

Sun Belt (Teams from TN, AR, MS, and LA)
    DIV A (Teams from TN and MS)
    Tennessee
    Middle Tennessee
    Mississippi State
    Ole Miss
    Southern Miss
    Memphis
    Vandy
    DIV B (Teams from AR and LA)
    16 LSU
    LA Tech
    UL Lafayette
    UL Monroe
    Arkansas
    Arkansas State
    Tulane
    Championship game played in Mercedes-Benz Superdome - New Orleans, LA

That wraps it up. If you are confused ask. I will now set up the dynasty, and wait until it is full to advance past the preseason stuff.

Comment

Working...