X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

Trey Songz - Ready (review)

Simple review, as I've been listening to this instead of that shitty Jay-Z.

1. Panty Droppin' (Intro) - 4.5 stars
    Brief intro sets the tone for the album perfectly. Great decision to make this the introduction

2. Neighbors Know My Name - 5 stars
    Instant sex tape classic. Easily my favorite song on the CD, as it's bound to get any female ready for some action.

3. I Invented Sex f/ Drake - 4.5 stars
    Another good sex song, but it's a little more upbeat so you really won't be fucking to this song. Drake does well and will have countless hits if he keeps playing this role with r&b singers

4. I Need a Girl - 4.5 stars

The first single off the CD, I believe. Trey switches up his tone, going from the "sex all the time" role to the "I need a girl" role ala P. Diddy. The hook is catchy as fuck as well.

5. One Love - 4.5 stars
    Trey says his player days are over, as he finds the one that he wants to spend his life with. Another banger, this CD is looking like it's going to be one of the best r&b CD's of the year.

6. Does He Do It - 3.5 stars
    An up beat song that has Trey asking if the girl's partner is as good as he is in the bedroom. Pretty simple song, lasting under 3 minutes and has a really basic hook. Still a pretty decent song.

7. Say Aah f/ Fabolous - 2 stars
    Huge let down. Fabolous usually kills r&b guest spots, but he brought his below average game, while a bad hook, bad beat, and average Trey don't help him out either.

8. LOL f/ Gucci Mane and Souljah Boy - 0 stars
    This has to be a joke... right?

9. Ready to Make Love (Interlude) - 4 stars

This was needed after the last two tracks. Me thinks this was placed to get the theme of the album back on track. One of the few cd's where I won't skip the intro's or interludes

10. Jupiter Love - 2.5 stars
    Not feeling the chorus at all -- as his love is so good it goes to outerspace. Cliche and not very good.

11. Be Where You Are - 4 stars
    Trey kills the hook on this one, as it turns into a nice club banger that anyone could really enjoy. The change of pace really does wonders for this song.

12. Successful f/ Drake - 3.5 stars
    Seems like it should be on Drake's cd (maybe it will be?), as he has two verses to Trey's one. Drake does decent on this one, but it kind of has a depressing feel to it with the beat.

13. Black Roses - 4.5 stars
    The depressing theme continues, as Black Roses is about a love that's died out. This is one of my favorite tracks on the CD, as its a great break up song.

14. Love Lost - 3 stars
    The CD has taken a turn from sex all the time to depressing lost loves, as this song is the third straight one I'd classify as depressing. Not a bad song by any means, but it's forgettable.

15. Hollalude (Interlude) - 3 stars
    Another solid interlude, but really nothing special.

16. Holla If You Need Me - 3.5 stars

Another solid song. His girl has left him at this point, but he's showing that he can get over it and is still there for her.

17. Yo Side of the Bed - 4 stars
    No pick me ups to end this CD. CD goes out the way it was finishing, with a depressing song. It's actually a pretty good song, but only listen to it if you're in the mood to be depressed. He shows more musical talent in this song than in others.

Overall - 4 stars out of 5

From head to toe, this CD is actually very good (minus LOL and Say Aaaah). Trey does a good job of including a good mix of sex songs and break up songs, and shows that he will definitely be a fixture in the r&b game for a while to go. This is one of my favorite r&b CD's in a while.

There's a few songs you have to download -- like Neighbors Know My Name, Black Roses, I Invented Sex, One Love, etc.
  • zack54attack
    Posts a lot
    • Dec 2008

Brand New isnt on the CD?

Comment

• MvP
      a member of vsn
      • Oct 2008

Good review. I agree with you for the most part. Black Roses, Love Lost and Invented Sex are my favorites though. I also agree about not skipping the intro/interludes, they are all really good. Theres not one really bad song on here to be honest (lol :-) ain't bad if you don't take it seriously)

Comment

• zack54attack
        Posts a lot
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OGBrandC
        It's on the deluxe edition.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup!
        There isnt a deluxe edition lol..

I bought the CD today though

Comment

• Woy
          RIP West
          • Dec 2008

Never really got into Trey but listened to a few songs of this on Youtube and really liked it. Picked it up today.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

I agree with Len, Neighbors Know My Name is the best track on the album.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• KNUBB
              WHITE RONDO
              • Jun 2009

Favorite is Yo Side of the Bed. It felt kinda like Purple Rain and Prince is my favorite artist of all time

Comment

• zack54attack
                Posts a lot
                • Dec 2008

Invented sex is soooooooo FTW

Comment

• Sharkweather
                  • Jul 2009

So I finally gave in and downloaded this, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. And now I've been listening to the whole album for two days straight. There really isn't a bad song on the album, but a few of them I could see myself skipping after a while.

One Love is my absolute favorite, but I also really like Neighbors Know My Name and Yo Side of the Bed. Those are definitely my top three.

Comment

Working...