Au Revoir, Shoshanna
    • Feb 2009

coolest. poster. ever.

Season 1 spoilers, tho -

Comment

• Villain
      [REDACTED]
      • May 2011

So I was just on Amazon ordering a birthday present book for my mom and it was only like six bucks so I figured I should buy something else to justify the shipping. Ended up getting the box set of the first four A Song of Fire and Ice books. I guess I should just kiss my RTTS player goodbye once it arrives.
      [REDACTED]

Comment

• JBregz
        Follow me! @JBregzz
        • Nov 2008

Follow me on twitter @JBregzz
        Follow me on twitch bitch http://www.twitch.tv/jbregz/
        Redskins TGT Scheduling Thread http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...eduling-Thread

Comment

• Herm
          Boomshakalaka
          • Oct 2008

speaking of this pic, thats Brienne in the background. The actress i saw cast to play her isnt near manly enough. Then again Dinklage isnt nearly as ugly as they make Tyrion out to be so i guess i'll live.

edit: i take that back they made her pretty Brienne like for the show....

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

There's a bunch of new pics here ... shows a few new characters, including Margaery Tyrell and Davos Seaworth.

Edit, Ygritte could get it.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

I know it's not until season 3 most likely, but I'm curious how they will pull off

the Red Wedding.

In the book there is such an impending sense of doom, yet still a level of unknown that I'm not sure they can get away with in a visual medium. Then again, they pulled off Ned's death pretty well.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                I literally know nothing.
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                I know it's not until season 3 most likely, but I'm curious how they will pull off

the Red Wedding.

In the book there is such an impending sense of doom, yet still a level of unknown that I'm not sure they can get away with in a visual medium. Then again, they pulled off Ned's death pretty well.
                I don't think they will have any trouble pulling it off. People who know what is going to happen will know, there's no way around it, but I think it would come out of left field for someone who is only familiar with the show.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

RE: Future seasons of the show speculation:

(do not read unless you have read first three books)

I'm more concerned with how they are going to manage to shoot the Blackwater battle at the end of Clash of Kings, and the scene where Dany buys the Unsullied in Storm of Swords. Both are going to push the budgetary limits of HBO. I'm sure they'll pull it off, but it's gonna cost a metric fuck ton.

Comment

• riley420
                    You're goddamned right.
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                    RE: Future seasons of the show speculation:

(do not read unless you have read first three books)

I'm more concerned with how they are going to manage to shoot the Blackwater battle at the end of Clash of Kings, and the scene where Dany buys the Unsullied in Storm of Swords. Both are going to push the budgetary limits of HBO. I'm sure they'll pull it off, but it's gonna cost a metric fuck ton.

From what I've read, HBO gave them a HUGE budget for this season, considering the Blackwater is the biggest battle in the series (books and otherwise thus far). GRRM wrote the script for that episode himself, and even he says it's pretty epic.
                    [

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Gotta keep the budget big, but modest.

That is what did ROME in...budget on the rise, viewership went down.

Comment

• Atlas
                        BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                        There's a bunch of new pics here ... shows a few new characters, including Margaery Tyrell and Davos Seaworth.

Edit, Ygrette could get it.

wasnt she a maid or w/e on the 1st season of downton abbey?

btw, i hate the casting for margaery, but the casting for every other character makes up for it (davos, stannis, asha, etc.)...

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

new trailer. cant believe this starts again on sunday!

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
                            wasnt she a maid or w/e on the 1st season of downton abbey?

btw, i hate the casting for margaery, but the casting for every other character makes up for it (davos, stannis, asha, etc.)...
                            She was in Downton Abbey, yes. FWIW, my gf is a huge fan of The Tudors so she loved the casting of Margaery. Apparently the same actress played one of the Boleyns in that series.

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Gotta keep the budget big, but modest.

That is what did ROME in...budget on the rise, viewership went down.
                              But wasn't Rome's issue that the budget to start was huge? It always got pretty good, consistent ratings I thought, just nothing could justify the amount of money it cost.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                                Probably owns the site
                                • Feb 2009

Can't embed the video from this article but there are some really awesome shots in here, goes over a lot of the new locations.

Comment

Working...