Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Game of Thrones has similarities to a show like The Wire...its multi-layered and this is about the marathon, not the sprint. We're in the opening stages of Season 2 and you don't even got the jist of where this show will be in Season 4 or 5 or who some of the main players and plot lines are going to be. Things that are happening now on the television show won't have some relevance until 2-3 seasons from now.

This show is made to be watched and just enjoy the story being laid out that will take them another 5-6-7 years to conclude. Its a chapter in a book...just go with it and try to remember shit. Take it from those that have read the books, they are doing a damn good job with the source material vs. what is appearing on the screen...so, go with it.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
      i agree with dave. while it may be moving fast for the books, its kind of slow going for tv. its not even that its slow its just not all that engaging. it was a good episode, just not anything special
      Taken with a grain of salt, apparently the first season wasn't that engaging to you either.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

really? When did i say that houston?

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

I just watched episode three, and I wasnt a fan. So much shit going on, its too much. I just wish they would fucking get on with it. I dont want to wait 4-5-6 years for something. And no im not saying put everything in 2 episodes. No scenes of Rob, or the dragon chick, wtf?

Everyone keeps saying, oh theyre just setting things up, well theyre now going on 2 and half shows of setting things up. Like I said, get the fuck on.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

i agree with some of that ike. although i am in no rush and dont mind the story being told in detail. For me its just the story they are telling isnt all that special right now.

every show in season 1 had excitement and was very engaging. you wanted to see the next show because it was that fucking great. this season or 2nd book just isnt as good as the 1st.

its not bad, its just not giving me what the 1st season gave me

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
              i agree with some of that ike. although i am in no rush and dont mind the story being told in detail. For me its just the story they are telling isnt all that special right now.

every show in season 1 had excitement and was very engaging. you wanted to see the next show because it was that fucking great. this season or 2nd book just isnt as good as the 1st.

its not bad, its just not giving me what the 1st season gave me
              You probably said it better than I did.

In season 1, every episode had "thing" to it. I always got done watching and thought to myself HOLY FUCK.

This year not so much.

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

I love all the characters so I am loving this sort of development. I didnt know much about the Greyjoys until now and love all three of them.

Comment

• kyhadley
                  Carefree
                  • Oct 2008

As someone who's read the books, its baffling to me that this episode (and any of the episodes for that matter) could be seen as slow just because of how much (and how well done) they've crammed soooo much material into one episode. Like that Tyrion and Pycelle/Littlegfinger/Varys scene was far more stretched out over multiple chapters (trying not to be spoilery), but they did it brilliantly in one scene in the show.

Also I love watching and being able to see how a scene is foreshadowing an event in the future (that I know won't happen for 3-4 seasons). To the people who don't want to wait that long...just read the damn books, you'll be glad you did.

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I'm just comparing it to season 1. Season 1 was gangbusters from episode 1.
                    Frankly, I miss Dothraki and Ned Stark.
                    Those two really made season 1 for me.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                      I literally know nothing.
                      • Jul 2009

Book 1 was far more simplistic than the rest of the books. As far as POV characters in book 1 (off the top of my head) you had Arya, Ned, Bran, Jon, Catelyn, Sansa, Tyrion and Dany (any more?) and it was mostly focused around the Starks. Now we are into book2/season2 and there are a lot more players added to the game. There is more to it.

Comment

• Palooza
                        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                        • Feb 2009

Bah di bah bah baah. I'm loving it.

Just copped the books, too. My summer will be occupied.

Comment

• kyhadley
                          Carefree
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dave
                          I'm just comparing it to season 1. Season 1 was gangbusters from episode 1.
                          Frankly, I miss Dothraki and Ned Stark.
                          Those two really made season 1 for me.
                          More characters are introduced in book/season 2, so the previous characters are going to lose some screen time, thats something you'll have to get used to. And you also need to give the new characters some time to become compelling, like you did the Starks/everyone else. Trust me it will happen.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                            True Blue
                            • Feb 2009

wheres the dragon chick

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
                              Book 1 was far more simplistic than the rest of the books. As far as POV characters in book 1 (off the top of my head) you had Arya, Ned, Bran, Jon, Catelyn, Sansa, Tyrion and Dany (any more?) and it was mostly focused around the Starks. Now we are into book2/season2 and there are a lot more players added to the game. There is more to it.
                              Exactly, which is why people complaining after 13 episodes need to chill...

Read on if you want mild spoilers.

They off the "main character" in season one...the heads of House Stark are gone by the end of what would be Season 3 except for the kiddies.

They are introducing characters in season 2 that had nothing to do with season one but will provide the backbone for a lot of happenings up to and through Season 4.

They are laying down plot points that don't become relevant until Season 3.

Anyone that reads this has been warned...this show is not one that will provide any kind of instant gratification on an episode to episode basis.

If that is what you want...just stop watching and wait for the show to be over so you can watch it on Blu Ray or whatever technology is out then for viewing digital media, because this show simply won't give it to you every week, but along they way, the story is downright fantastic and the twists and turns are A+.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                                wheres the dragon chick
                                Her character is generally minor for a while, and a lot of what happens in her neck of the woods doesn't effect what's going on in the west for a little while. She's kind of got her own character arc going.

Comment

Working...