• TeflonDonny
    Deal....No Deal
    • Mar 2009

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      The look on poor Robb's face when he realizes that not only did he actually lose the war because he married this homeless hot bitch, but married her when he could have married the lone hot Frey bitch and won the war is priceless...just can't convey that amount of lulz via the written word.
      You know Walder probably wasn't giving Robb that same daughter though. He's got plenty of them he would have slighted the son of a Tully with, only reason he dangled his most comely daughter for Edmure is so nobody thought anything was amiss. Just part of the bait, really. Like the excessive amount of booze they were feeding Robb's bannermen.

Comment

• Houston
        Back home
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TeflonDonny
        Someone pointed out the other day that as a whole, the Starks aren't too bright. I remember Jamie saying that his father made him read and learn everyday. Guess Ned didn't do the same?

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houston
          Someone pointed out the other day that as a whole, the Starks aren't too bright. I remember Jamie saying that his father made him read and learn everyday. Guess Ned didn't do the same?
          I don't think that the Starks are dumb by any means. They're just not very good politicians. Robb has the unfortunate combination of being both a bad politician and being super green.

Basically, it's not like it takes somebody being stupid to be bested by Tywin the GOAT.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
            You know Walder probably wasn't giving Robb that same daughter though. He's got plenty of them he would have slighted the son of a Tully with, only reason he dangled his most comely daughter for Edmure is so nobody thought anything was amiss. Just part of the bait, really. Like the excessive amount of booze they were feeding Robb's bannermen.
            I actually think he would've though. Say Robb wins the war, Walder wants his top progeny sitting the throne. Makes him look better. Didn't Robb have his choice anyways?

The Starks weren't accustomed to the political side of things. Plus they were so obsessed with honor they would rather have their honor intact and watch the world burn than sacrifice for the greater good.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

There are so many "what ifs" for the Starks, particularly Robb. The easiest is obviously marrying the Frey girl, but what if Edmure had done as he was told at the battle of the Mill? What if he had listened to his mother and not sent Theon away? What if he hadn't let his grief overcome him with Westerling? What if Cat hadn't let grief overcome her and release the Kingslayer?

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                I actually think he would've though. Say Robb wins the war, Walder wants his top progeny sitting the throne. Makes him look better. Didn't Robb have his choice anyways?
                True. Guess that aspect needs to be considered.

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TeflonDonny

Comment

• Glenbino
                    Jelly and Ice Cream
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                    I don't think that the Starks are dumb by any means. They're just not very good politicians. Robb has the unfortunate combination of being both a bad politician and being super green.

Basically, it's not like it takes somebody being stupid to be bested by Tywin the GOAT.
                    It's because they pray to the old gods instead of the fire God and his smoke babies.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                      Walder is an old cunt, but I think he would have given Rosalin to Robb. He wanted nothing more than to have a king. Hence, he was pissed enough to break guest rights to kill Robb. Nobody breaks guest rights.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Walder is an old cunt, but I think he would have given Rosalin to Robb. He wanted nothing more than to have a king. Hence, he was pissed enough to break guest rights to kill Robb. Nobody breaks guest rights.
                        Remember he's still bitter about Hoster Tully refusing to wed Lysa or Cat to one of his sons --- er, Walders. A lot of history here. Maybe he lets Roz enter the Robb Stark draft pool, or maybe he hides her and trots out a lineup of runts for Robb to choose from, I don't know, it's a fascinating scenario to think on tho.

Comment

• Houston
                          Back home
                          • Oct 2008

Comment

• Glenbino
                            Jelly and Ice Cream
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Houston

Juhn Snuh

Comment

• Villain
                              [REDACTED]
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by Glenbino
                              Juhn Snuh
                              [REDACTED]

Comment

• mcstl25
                                M-Castle
                                • Feb 2009

This is a must read for GOT and NFL fans. Sorry if old news. The Hodor reference especially had me

chrisbrockman.com/2013/05/16/game-of-thrones-nfl-style

Comment

Working...