Clear All
  • relaxedanderson
    I am not Abe Kabbible
    • Feb 2009

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

No one else is going to enjoy it.

I did.
    Z(u, w) = Z0(w)[1-exp{-b(w)u}]

...and she said "Well I don't think you're a fishmonger. I think you've done a plop in the wrong lavatory."

Comment

• Palooza
      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry
      It was in theatres for like...a minute...mostly for screenings.

Why did it take so long to come out? I remember there being a lot of hub-bub about it, but I can't recall the exact story. You might be able to find it online somewhere, but I can't recall...but it is odd considering the consensus reviews think it was a finely crafted film and there aren't much less then positive reviews for it.

While, I am sure there is a justification for the straight-to-DVD release of the film...nearly two years for it to happen is overly strange, considering the film has been anticipated since before it wrapped.
      I remember reading a review for it a few Halloween's ago on comingsoon.net but then it just faded into oblivion. I think I'll check it out this weekend, love me some Bryan Cox. (an Anna Paquin of course)

edit: took me 2 seconds to find it online.. nice.
      Last edited by Palooza; 10-23-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Sean
        No longer a noob
        • Nov 2008

reading some of the plot, it looks promising, sucks it got pushed back 2 yrs, downloading it now, hope its worth it

Comment

• Boucher
          King of EDM
          • Jul 2009

Tornado Valley 0/10

Not Another Tenn Movie 8/10

Freedom Writers 10/10

Comment

• Apocalypse
            • Nov 2008

Saw VI
            Paranormal Activity

Last night, both were really good imo, even better because i don't pay to see them :]

RIP West

Comment

• krulmichael
              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
              • Feb 2009

Saw VI was pretty damn good I must say. Better than the past 3 I think.

Twitch Channel
              http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
              Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
              Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
              Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
              Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Lumpkin
                Lets go Mets
                • Nov 2008

Law Abiding Citizen- Pretty good, Entertaining, wait for the DVD

Comment

• Sean
                  No longer a noob
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Larry
                  Watched Trick R Treat...I liked it a lot. Probably an 8/10. Not full of gore, nor is it explicit, nor is it filled with plot turn after plot turn and a big final reveal...is a "clean", cult type film...very much a stereotypical "halloween" movie...it is something we haven't seen in a long time. The directorial debut of Michael Daugherty was a success, IMO. Definitely going to be a cult classic. Must watch for horror genre fans...for just casual movie watchers...probably should pass...might not get it.
                  yes, really good film, i read there is a sequel in the works, also, its not his directorial debut, its just the first people actually know about, he had some late 90s short films, one of them being a short movie called Season's Greeting which would be a set up for trick r treat.

Originally posted by Palooza
                  wasn't this movie supposed to come out in 2007? What happened to it? I'm sure I could find it online, but I was wondering if it ever made it to DVD (doubt the theaters).
                  yea i have no idea either, but it has great reviews, should have been released

also the Sam character with the bag head cover looks like what would be from the live action film of little big planet

Comment

• SOS4Prez
                    Dang ol'...yo.
                    • Sep 2009

Moon: 8.9/10 - Not exactly what I expected it to be, but a very, very solid movie nonetheless. Sam Rockwell is phenomenal in his two roles and Kevin Spacey as the robot GERTY (with accompanying smilie faces!) is an unforgettable character in the genre of sci-fi. This movie sort of reminded me of the movie Solaris; however, it is very different both in style and quality. The soundtrack is absolutely haunting and beautifully done and some of the shots during the film are simply breath-taking. Moon is a movie that will set a new mold for the sci-fi genre.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                      • Jul 2009

Saw 6.. meh, I dont know why I still go to these. Not a fan.

Although the previews were very promising.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hova
                        Saw 6.. meh, I dont know why I still go to these. Not a fan.

Although the previews were very promising.
                        The first one was solid, and the second one was enjoyable to a certain extent. However, it's been the same movie rehashed every year since. I'm surprised how many people still watch them in theatres.

Comment

• Palooza
                          Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                          • Feb 2009

Drag Me to Hell - 9/10.

First horror movie in a long time where I gave a fuck about the main character. It was upsetting to see her wind up losing in the end. I actually felt bad. Great movie though, one of the best horror movies I've seen in a looooooong time.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 last night. I don't particularly care for it. I had a hard time paying attention to this movie.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                              ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                              • Oct 2008

Revolver was confusing, did not like it very much.

Rocknrolla was pretty good, not very memorable though.

I feel like I could come up with the plot for a Guy Ritchie movie pretty well now lol

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

The Exorcist. Great movie. Some good suspense at times, but some scenes just made me laugh

like the one where Regan "stabs" herself with the crucifix.
                                I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes after that one.

Comment

Working...