• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsbuck
    Buckeye For Life
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Realist
    "I killed my best friend for you people" Powerful line

Anyways, I haven't read the comics but does it explain HOW everyone got infected? I assume it's a world wide thing.
    I was trying to figure this out last night, and through googling apparently the author said in an interview that he will never explain what caused the infection.

Kirkman explained that going back to explain how the government originally collapsed, "...doesn't interest me, for the time being...I may change my mind eventually."[3] As to the cause of the zombie outbreak, Kirkman wrote, "I have ideas [about the cause of the zombie plague]...but it's nothing set in stone because I never plan on writing it. So yes...I do know...kind of."[4]

In response to a question:
    "I think you should elaborate more on how people can turn into zombies without one biting you, or how this whole mess started in the first place. Was it like a plague or a rapture kind of thing?"
    Kirkman responded:
    "...That starts to get into the origin of all this stuff, and I think that's unimportant to the series itself, There will be smaller answers as things progress ... but never will we see the whole picture."[5]

Comment

• Realist
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
      I was trying to figure this out last night, and through googling apparently the author said in an interview that he will never explain what caused the infection.
      That's stupid. It would be nice to have a prequel to the story.

Comment

• Justo
        GFX Crew
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Realist
        That's stupid. It would be nice to have a prequel to the story.
        they'll make one... but, not until after the regular show dies off and they realize they can make money off of a prequel

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

I don't mind not having a explanation. With the exception of Resident Evil, what zombie movies do?

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Houston
            I don't mind not having a explanation. With the exception of Resident Evil, what zombie movies do?
            The Return of the Living Dead films blame "Trioxyn" Gas developed by the Government.

Retcons of the original Night of the Living Dead blame bacteria from a meteor.

28 Days/Weeks Later blame the lab-tested "Rage" virus.

Jason Vorhees was technically reanimated by a lightning bolt in "Jason Lives."

Etc., Etc.

/Nerdy MFer

Comment

• Sportsbuck
              Buckeye For Life
              • Dec 2008

Comment

• Realist
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Justo
                they'll make one... but, not until after the regular show dies off and they realize they can make money off of a prequel
                This is what I'm hoping. So that means at least 12 more seasons of Zombie shows? Please!!!!

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                  Amerson For Thorpe!
                  • Mar 2010

Rick went cold on them hoes at the end. I'm just glad they didn't kill off Darryl (my favorite character), hopefully he becomes an even bigger character next season. Can't wait to find out what happens next and what happens with Andrea. The end with her had me like WTF
                  "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• ram29jackson
                    Noob
                    • Nov 2008

so..who read the comic book? how does it end?

this is so dumb..now what?..gotta wait 6 months to see how this thing ends ?

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                      Buckeye For Life
                      • Dec 2008

Daryl and Andrea have become two of my favorite characters.

I absolutely despise Carol and Lori.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sportsbuck

Kirkman explained that going back to explain how the government originally collapsed, "...doesn't interest me, for the time being...I may change my mind eventually."[3] As to the cause of the zombie outbreak, Kirkman wrote, "I have ideas [about the cause of the zombie plague]...but it's nothing set in stone because I never plan on writing it. So yes...I do know...kind of."[4]

In response to a question:
                        "I think you should elaborate more on how people can turn into zombies without one biting you, or how this whole mess started in the first place. Was it like a plague or a rapture kind of thing?"
                        Kirkman responded:
                        "...That starts to get into the origin of all this stuff, and I think that's unimportant to the series itself, There will be smaller answers as things progress ... but never will we see the whole picture."[5]

because comics are for children and he never came up with a good idea why in the first place.

Comment

• Buzzman
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson

Have you ever watched a television show before?

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                            Amerson For Thorpe!
                            • Mar 2010

see how what ends? The show? If so I doubt we will know in six months how it ends.
                            "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• JeremyHight
                              I wish I was Scrubs
                              • Feb 2009

The comic is still going. Technically, the show is on issue like 11 or 12. The Comic is on 90-something. I'll just say this...

The show finally got past the biggest slow part in the comic series. Nearly everything gets better from here on out in the comic and I expect the same in the show.

Comment

• Buzzman
                                • Oct 2008

Regards to the comics

Yea. I can legit sees the Governor being more than 1 season. It goes by pretty quick in the comics, but with the tv show they can flesh out some of the things they have him do and shit that would be fantastic. Even give him more of a back-story and mystery behind him. I can see the gladiator type game being a 2-3 episode arc by itself yet it goes by so damn quick in the comics. The entire thing with his daughter, ect.

Comment

Working...