The Newsroom (Aaron Sorkins new HBO show)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

I thought the season finale was classic Sorkin. Looking forward to season 3

Comment

• Palooza
      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
      • Feb 2009

Terrible finale.

Season 3 is still not confirmed, regardless of Jeff Daniels tweets.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
        Terrible finale.

Season 3 is still not confirmed, regardless of Jeff Daniels tweets.
        HBO DECLARES A SERIES RENEWED, NOT THE LEAD ACTOR!

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

Reading is fundamental.

UPDATE WEDNESDAY 4:50 PM: HBO just issued a statement in response to The Newsroom‘s star Jeff Daniel’s tweet from last night that the show has been picked up for a third season. “We are excited about proceeding to a Season 3 and are continuing our conversations with Aaron about schedules.”
          PREVIOUS TUESDAY 9:15 PM: Aaron Sorkin‘s cable news network drama series The Newsroom has been renewed for a third season by HBO, its star Jeff Daniels tweeted tonight. “It’s official. #Newsroom coming back for a Season 3“, the Emmy nominee wrote. No response from HBO yet, but sources confirm that The Newsroom, now wrapping Season 2, indeed has been picked up.
          The news is not a surprise. HBO programming chief Michael Lombardo indicated at TCA in July that there will be a third season of The Newsroom. “The odds are excellent – we’re enormously happy with the show,” he said. “Conversations with Aaron Sorkin are all about scheduling as he he has other commitments. If we can figure the scheduling, I will be shocked if you would not be hearing about a renewal soon. The numbers this season are surpassing last season.”
          Daniels was nominated for Outstanding Actor In A Drama Series Emmy for playing anchorman Will McAvoy, one of three Emmy noms for the series. The Newsroom‘s two-part Season 2 finale airs the next two Sundays.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

The season finale was pretty corny and predictable.

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
              what you are looking for is "googling is fundamental"

Comment

• Palooza
                Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                The season finale was pretty corny and predictable.
                I told you it was bad. It was such a let down after how well they dealt with Genoa.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
                  I told you it was bad. It was such a let down after how well they dealt with Genoa.
                  Methinks the ending of the season was with the idea that they weren't coming back for a third...it kind of wrapped everything up nice and clean.

HBO is going to give this one another shot to catch on, IMO. They'll give it a third and as long as ratings don't completely tank, maybe a fourth.

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

Boardwalk Empire had 2.2M viewers Sunday night, Newsroom had 1.7M. Newsroom fell off about 500K from the season premiere, which is understandable with the time shifting way the Genoa story angle played out for the first half of the season. It did get much better the last 3 episodes. Hopefully, season 3 will stick to a more chronological timeline.

Comment

• Glenbino
                      Jelly and Ice Cream
                      • Nov 2009

Boardwalk Empire had 2.2M viewers Sunday night, Newsroom had 1.7M. Newsroom fell off about 500K from the season premiere, which is understandable with the time shifting way the Genoa story angle played out for the first half of the season. It did get much better the last 3 episodes. Hopefully, season 3 will be taken out back and shot in the head like one of the horses on Luck.
                      FTFY

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Comment

• MrBill
                        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                        • Feb 2009

Anybody watching season 3 of The Newsroom? It picked up last week with the Boston Marathon bombing, which I thought was a good storyline to bring into the show. The focus of the season seems to be around the government hacker/whistleblower that has been contacting Neal with stolen classified documents. Hoping that it is handled better than that Genoa fiasco from last season.

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

Hard to believe the series finale will be here next Sunday. Last night's episode was possibly the best of the entire series. Finishing strong

Comment

• krulmichael
                            STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                            • Feb 2009

Hard to believe the series finale will be here next Sunday. Last night's episode was possibly the best of the entire series. Finishing strong
                            Series finale already after 3 seasons? Ratings must have dropped drastically eh? I only watched up to about 4 eps the 1st season. If it's already wrapping up though, I may have to go check it out.

Sent from the awesome LG G2 in all its 5.2 inch glory via Tapatalk 4.

Twitch Channel
                            http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                            Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                            Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                            Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                            Season V: 2-1

Comment

• MrBill
                              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
                              Series finale already after 3 seasons? Ratings must have dropped drastically eh? I only watched up to about 4 eps the 1st season. If it's already wrapping up though, I may have to go check it out.

Sent from the awesome LG G2 in all its 5.2 inch glory via Tapatalk 4.
                              I think Sorkin only signed up for 2 seasons initially but I could be mistaken. Season 2 is the weakest of the 3 and that might have had something to do with it only going one more season.

Comment

Working...