• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
    ATB you have a link to that interview?
    Let's dive into answers to ten unexplained mysteries from Looper with the help of writer/director Rian Johnson himself.

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

Going in an hour.

Comment

• Buzzman
        • Oct 2008

Emily Blunt was to die for in this movie.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Thought it was great and really unique.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
            Spellin' n' shit
            • Feb 2009

Such a good movie. One of my favorite parts was

When the kid is falling down the stairs and JGL's about to catch him, then the mom just pushes him out the way. I was like ohhhhh fuck, shit's bout to get real

Comment

• Slateman
              • Apr 2009

Saw it. Liked it a lot. Especially Piper Perabo topless
              The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
              As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
              If only I had died instead of you
              O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                Word Life
                • Jul 2010

Just watched it. Really good movie. Thought the kid was a really good actor. He nailed that character.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• Champ
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Oct 2008

Great movie. Seeing Piper's tits kinda ruined her for me though....

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

So, I watched this again, and there is still a ton of shit in regards to time travel making sense that is nonexistent...I guess you just need to suspend your disbelief...the film works, so no real complaints.

I will say, on a second viewing, the family angle is more pronounced and I find Sara's character to be a more intriguing central character. Her character alone could have a ton of theories about who she really is, why she is there, and her real relationship to Cid. I thought it was pretty clear that her intentions were not pure...my own theory was she was put in place by the future mob to guide The Rainmaker in the right direction as any attempt to kill him would lead to his rise.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      So, I watched this again, and there is still a ton of shit in regards to time travel making sense that is nonexistent...I guess you just need to suspend your disbelief...the film works, so no real complaints.

I will say, on a second viewing, the family angle is more pronounced and I find Sara's character to be a more intriguing central character. Her character alone could have a ton of theories about who she really is, why she is there, and her real relationship to Cid. I thought it was pretty clear that her intentions were not pure...my own theory was she was put in place by the future mob to guide The Rainmaker in the right direction as any attempt to kill him would lead to his rise.
                      You mean away from being the Rainmaker?
                      I haven't seen it since theaters I didn't get that sense at all. What makes you say that?
                      Wasn't she a pleasure chick like the other woman?
                      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                        You mean away from being the Rainmaker?
                        I haven't seen it since theaters I didn't get that sense at all. What makes you say that?
                        Wasn't she a pleasure chick like the other woman?
                        There are a ton of misdirections by Johnson in the movie with this character, and the time travel logic is pretty shoddy...so its tough to explain what I'm getting at or giving any real theories as to what in the hell is going on, because I fear Johnson would just give the same old shitty answers he did in a few articles when the movie came out...which was basically "its a movie about time travel, stop making it more complicated than it is"...

Cid is to the point certain Sara is not his mom, but, then again, perhaps she really is not the mom he knows and Sara's story is legit, it seems pretty strange that they make it a point for Cid to be certain Sara isn't his mom and Sara's story is pretty vague...the only link to Sara legitimately being Cid's mom is the fact that Sara was a Telekinetic and Cid becomes a super villainous super Telekinetic.

Cid becomes the Rainmaker because of what happens in the field...in the loop that he becomes the Rainmaker...Old Joe kills Sara and scars Cid (remember when Sara says "things become easily infected on the farm)...that non-fatal wound becomes the reason The Rainmaker has a fake jaw and his transformation from little kid to villain starts when he runs away into the field.

Sara "knows a little too much"...she knows of Loopers, but she also knows of what she has to do...she's pretty quick to the point when Young Joe learns Cid will become the Rainmaker and states that things will be different if she parents him. Also, the mob knows a little too much about the whereabouts of the children Old Joe is hunting down. Abe had a map on the wall of his office and they were able to track Old Joe and the fact that (I forget his name in the movie) Garret Dillahunt shows up at Cid's home.

A general theory (and honestly, its silly considering the director won't even have any kind of real answer to this)...Sara was looped back (much like Abe was) to raise Cid to guide him away from being The Rainmaker...perhaps Sara is another loop's version of Cid's mom...I have no idea...

Way too complicated and the film itself is full of holes (I enjoyed the movie a lot FWIW) in regards to the logic of time travel...but general idea is that the Sara character is super interesting to me.

It has a ton of Terminator like logic to it, and that path needs a lot of weed to hash though those paradoxes.

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Yes but in the loop Bruce Willis came from Cid became the rainmaker because he grew up resenting Sarah, despite no one ever physically threatening them.

Comment

• Tailback U
                            No substitute 4 strength.
                            • Nov 2008

I didn't even make it halfway through this piece of shit. First movie I've turned off that fast in years. Boring, didn't make sense, repetitive, and stupid.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              I didn't even make it halfway through this piece of shit. First movie I've turned off that fast in years. Boring, didn't make sense, repetitive, and stupid.
                              LOL, wow. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Watched a meh quality torrent of it, then rented an actual copy through Amazon to watch with the Mrs. Thought it held up well on the second viewing.

(Agree that it doesn't make sense, but I just chose to ignore that, LOL.)

Comment

Working...