Before Sunrise/Before Sunset sequel on the way.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Before Sunrise/Before Sunset sequel on the way.

Last November, Ethan Hawke suggested a reteaming of he, Julie Delpy and Richard Linklater for a follow-up to "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset." Now he tells Indiewire that the film will shoot this summer. As far as further details go, Hawke says, "

I’ve gotten into trouble, so I’m sworn to secrecy. The biggest change between this one and the last one is the Internet. The first time we did it, we didn’t have any pressure; nobody gave a shit." We give a shit now; the films have a passionate cult following.
    Hawke tells Allocine, "All of three of us have been having similar feelings that we're ready to revisit those characters. There's nine years between the first two movies and, if we made the film next summer, it would be nine years again so we really started thinking that would be a good thing to do."

The window was closing on another 9 year sequel, so glad they decided to do another one. Not sure how it could be as good as the second one, but if it's anywhere near, then this will probably be my favorite film trilogy of all time.
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

This was one of the very few things Nuk actually was right about.

Comment

• j.hen
      Self Care
      • Oct 2008

:jhenbeatkwon:

Comment

• Houston
        Back home
        • Oct 2008

Before Midnight, it shall be called.

Comment

• Derrville