Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

If Marvel gets spidey and all his villains and such.... Holy shit could we please have Carnage on the big screen??!?? Having spidey would definitely come at a good time to help move the movies forward after the Infinity War. Hard to imagine where they could go from there after Thanos is out of the picture.
    Last edited by j.hen; 12-13-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Comment

• IamMedellin
          Everything Burns...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by j.hen
          If Marvel gets spidey and all his villains and such.... Holy shit could we please have Carnage on the big screen??!?? Having spidey would definitely come at a good time to help move the movies forward after the Infinity War. Hard to imagine where they could go from there after Thanos is out of the picture.
          Im all for Taking Spidey away from Sony...especially after the awful ASM2

but Carnage?...Cletus Cassady's whole deal was he's a psychopathic murderer who then gets a symbiote and procedes to slaughter more ppl...and not in a shiny light GOTG death...im tlking DC house style dismemberment with the axes he turns his hands into...yes like the T-1000 in T2...hey it was the 90's

Marvel wont even do a Punisher movie bc well...PG-13 is where they draw the line...unless they do it like the 90's cartoon where Carnage just sucks out ppls souls bc the Devil is stuck in a jar...maybe

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Comment

• CCBrink
              Awkward Swag
              • May 2009

Hulkbuster fight

Signs of Black Panther showing up

Comment

• j.hen
                Self Care
                • Oct 2008

Where were signs of Black Panther? Other than the one shot of Serkis?

Comment

• CCBrink
                  Awkward Swag
                  • May 2009

The black bald chick dropping her robe. Dora Milaje most likely.

Comment

• Swarley
                    A Special Kind of Cat
                    • Jul 2010

Latino Review talking about a lot of rumors today, including Spider-Man coming to MCU in Infinity War Part 1 and some Phase 3 movie stories that are based on what he's heard and some guesses. Lots of potential spoilers.

Spoilers throughout.

Really.

Really, I’m going to just straight up spoil what I'm pretty sure happens at the end of two Phase 3 movies.

I’m not joking. If you’re going to get mad at me later, stop now, this column is on the internet, it’ll be accessible forever.

Avengers: Age of Ultron introduces a new group of Avengers lead by Captain America. Still think Hulk’s gonna be in space.

Captain America: Civil War exposes that Bucky killed Howard Stark, Iron Man and Captain America fight, Tony Stark is discouraged (I’m vague on how he ends up at the moment), Black Panther is introduced, Crossbones kills Steve Rogers at the end of the film, giving us a nice big cliffhanger from Marvel Studios’ two most profitable characters (Iron Man and Captain America). Since I’m so vague on what happens to Iron Man, but I’m pretty sure he can’t be flitting in and out of other Phase 3 movies without reducing the impact of his future return, let’s just say he’ll also be in space.

“In space” is going to be my character placeholder, as it’s obviously Marvel’s - OOOOOH! BURN!

Doctor Strange hits and I really think Marvel will avoid polluting this movie with too much crossover as they have to introduce the Astral Plane. But I do think Doctor Strange is on the short list for who will lead the New Avengers in Cap’s absence.

Thor: Ragnarok will kill a lot of Asgardians, resurrect some of them, and Thor will end up in some sort of prison (described to me as a “galactic prison,” but I don’t know if that means not in Asgard or what).

Cap’s dead, Thor’s gone, there are still Avengers, we take a break from the Earth’s problems for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, then return for Black Panther. It’s interesting that we’re going to need a new leader for The Avengers and the Black Panther is going to be introduced in a movie where The Winter Soldier’s dirty laundry will be aired. I’m not saying I know anything about this movie, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it includes more Avengers than the title suggests. They mystic nature of the Black Panther also allows Strange to pop up here if they want. But a New Avengers is being formed (not THE New Avengers from the comics, just SOME New Avengers).

Which brings us to May 4th, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1. Here's what I understand: Steve Rogers is not in this movie. He is dead. Thor is not in this movie, he is imprisoned. Spider-Man IS in this movie, the Sony deal went through.

I don’t have the exact details nor a paper trail, but I’m told we’ll see an MCU Spider-Man in Infinity Wars Part 1, as that was the next logical place to insert him after they missed the window to logically include him in Civil War.

It’s sounding like Infinity War Part 1 will be the first true test of our New Avengers team (line-up still pending, but here are the potentials: Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jewel/Power Woman, ANY of the New Inhumans, ANY of the classic Inhumans, ANY of the Guardians of the Galaxy and ANY Cosmic Marvel characters Guardians chooses to send to Earth...oh, and Spider-Man). However, Infinity Wars Part 1 won’t include any of our classic Phase 1 and 2 Avengers because…

...they’ll all return in Infinity Wars Part 2.

Yup, even freaking dead Steve Rogers it looks like.

This all seems like super-smart storytelling (letting characters go out on top, then bringing them back years later), and it’s made even more ingenious by the Spider-Man insurance policy. If people aren’t hooking into a Black Panther, Bucky Cap or Strange-lead team: HEY! Here’s history’s most profitable comic book character.

Now I’ve gotta spend my nights trying to figure out if Sony’s announced November 11th, 2016 Spider-Man movie is going to be a co-production or simply scrapped. Here’s hoping for co-production.

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

Comment

• dope
                        Allons-y!
                        • Feb 2009

over saturation?

maybe

do i give a shit?

no

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

So did those four movies get moved to earlier release dates or what? Trying to see what that has to do with Spidey. Either way it's a shame they couldn't get this deal to be official in time to put him into the Civil War. Peter Parker has such a huge part in that story and seeing him interact with RDJ would've been gold. Who's gonna play him now? I know Marvel/Disney want to move on from Andrew Garfield, even though he was one of the lone bright spots of the reboot.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                            War Hero
                            • Dec 2009

They all got pushed back.

Also, Spider Man WILL be in Civil War. That was already announced

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

As for Peter Parker, I'm hoping they avoid going with the fresh out of high school approach. Let's go back to the Peter Parker who is a struggling photographer trying to make ends meet. I think Dave Franco would actually be pretty decent casting

Comment

• Swarley
                                A Special Kind of Cat
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by j.hen
                                So did those four movies get moved to earlier release dates or what? Trying to see what that has to do with Spidey. Either way it's a shame they couldn't get this deal to be official in time to put him into the Civil War. Peter Parker has such a huge part in that story and seeing him interact with RDJ would've been gold. Who's gonna play him now? I know Marvel/Disney want to move on from Andrew Garfield, even though he was one of the lone bright spots of the reboot.
                                Thor, Black Panther and Captain Marvel have all been pushed back one slot in Marvel's release date timeline. Inhumans has now been pushed back past Infinity War Part 2. Civil War hasn't started shooting yet and Black Panther is now coming out after Infinity War Part 1. I'm wondering if they are going to go into some quick rewrites for that particular part in Civil War and give Spider-Man that part that Black Panther was going to play since they didn't have access to Spider-Man at that time. If not, then I don't think they would push Panther's solo movie to after Infinity War. I dunno. Even if they don't, I'd still put money on him showing up in some capacity in Civil War, as that's the only Phase 3 movie before his standalone date that really makes any sense.

I agree with Kevin. I hope they don't start with a fresh high schooler and do another origin story. We've had two origin movies in the past decade+, so everyone knows the story.

EDIT: Yep. It's going to be Civil War. Sinister Six has now been delayed indefinitely.
                                Last edited by Swarley; 02-10-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...