Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

Civil War may be the best one yet. If you think about it one of the biggest gripes with the movies is the villains never live up to the expectations. But with Civil War there are no villains, it's hero vs hero. I can't wait.

Comment

• DDRGuido
      gx
      • Feb 2009

Just saw Age of Ultron. One minor question. How did Ultron turn "bad"? The film moves so fast I feel like I need to watch it again.

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DDRGuido
        Just saw Age of Ultron. One minor question. How did Ultron turn "bad"? The film moves so fast I feel like I need to watch it again.
        I wanna say he was given access to everything in Tony's systems. So he went through human history and saw humanity as a threat to the world. Pretty much the typical cookie cutter AI hates its creator stuff.

Comment

• JMocks
          Noob
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by j.hen
          I wanna say he was given access to everything in Tony's systems. So he went through human history and saw humanity as a threat to the world. Pretty much the typical cookie cutter AI hates its creator stuff.
          Basically what j.hen said. Ultron was designed to protect the world. However, his idea of protecting the world was ridding it of all humans.

Comment

• DDRGuido
            gx
            • Feb 2009

I don't like that the film was only 150 mins. It's tough to cram so many stories into 2 and half hours. Let these movies go for 3 or 1/2 hours.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

There were definitely parts of the film where it was obvious they cut 5-10 minutes out. Just a case of the studio wanting the movie to be at a certain number of minutes. Whedon's first cut of Avengers was over 3 hours long before he was asked to cut it down to the 2 and a half hour mark.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Looks like we have our Peter Parker.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                  Formerly ravensownall17
                  • Feb 2009

Thoughts on the Marvel movies since 2015?

IMO they've ranged from good (GotG2) to two of my top three comic book movies ever, Black Panther and Infinity War (the other is The Dark Knight, of course). Doctor Strange, Homecoming, and Ragnarok were all really fun too.

Looking forward to Captain Marvel and the conclusion of IW next year.

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

Black Panther had a great story that was told in a horrible way. The way they structured the movie was baffling to me.

Comment

• Houston
                      Back home
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                      two of my top three comic book movies ever, Black Panther and Infinity War (the other is The Dark Knight, of course)
                      What about Logan? I think that and Days of Future Past have been the best since The Dark Knight.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                        Formerly ravensownall17
                        • Feb 2009

Good call, somehow I forgot about Logan. I would nudge out BP and put in Logan.

Honestly not a huge fan of the XMen movies. Personal preference mostly. I'm looking forward to what Disney and Marvel Studios do with them.

Comment

Working...