X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost56
    True Blue
    • Feb 2009

World War Z $200 Million Production Nightmare Exposed

Incomplete script, an incoherent ending, massive re-shoots, millions of dollars in budget overages, and even a Hungarian SWAT team raid are apparently just a few of the issues plaguing Pitt's troubled production
    "It was, like, wow. The ending of our movie doesn't work," Evans recalled after watching a director's cut of the blockbuster hopeful. "I believed in that moment we needed to reshoot the movie."
  • Glenbino
    Jelly and Ice Cream
    • Nov 2009

I remember reading this article two years ago..

Comment

• JeremyHight
      I wish I was Scrubs
      • Feb 2009

So taking one book told from several different perspectives and trying to make it into a single plot with Brad Pitt at the center over a set of several movies was not easy. Gee... who would have thunk it?

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
        So taking one book told from several different perspectives and trying to make it into a single plot with Brad Pitt at the center over a set of several movies was not easy. Gee... who would have thunk it?
        Yeah, I think when we discussed it 2 years ago, I thought that World War Z would be a terrible book-to-movie project because its more of a collection of short stories than an actual narrative.

Comment

• JeremyHight
          I wish I was Scrubs
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
          Yeah, I think when we discussed it 2 years ago, I thought that World War Z would be a terrible book-to-movie project because its more of a collection of short stories than an actual narrative.
          If it was just Brad Pitt going place to place as a UN interviewer and getting each person's story, with a little narration in between and like 15 minutes per short, it could have been a solid movie. Nothing amazing probably, but it could work. Start in China, go to Brazil or India, etc. It could have been a very easy story to do. But the second you change it into a Brad Pitt vehicle where he is at the center of the action, you completely change a lot of the book.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Hbo miniseries. I'll take my executive producer credit now.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

Man you know shit is bad when Lindeloff is rewriting it. Just saw prometheus ... what a great concept and possibly a original script turned into a stupid clusterfuck of a movie.
              Im only on S2 of Lost and I loved Star Trek so maybe this guys bipolar.
              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...