• Show
Clear All
  • Influence
    King George
    • Jun 2012

Boba Fett movie is in the works

Boba Fett Movie: ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Confirmed, In Pre-Production

BOBA-FETT-665x385.jpg

Star Wars fans rejoice; a Boba Fett movie is officially in the works. The Star Wars spinoffs have been rumored for a while, but everybody’s favorite bounty hunter is officially getting his own movie. Some would say it was inevitable.
    Ever since Disney bought out Star Wars, one of the biggest items of news has been the upcoming films. Episodes seven through nine were confirmed early on, as well as a handful of spinoffs, but until now we didn’t know who the spinoff movies were going to focus on.

The Boba Fett movie probably won’t be an origin story as much as a “coming of age” tale of how he became a ruthless and persistent bounty hunter. Technically, Attack of the Clones was Boba Fett’s origin, showing us a young boy who witnesses his father being killed by a Jedi.
    Perhaps the spinoff movie will show him dealing with knowing that most of the Empire’s army are clones of his father? Perhaps we’ll see him making a deal with Darth Vader, despite knowing that Anakin was the student of the man who killed his father?
    Metalocalypse director John Schnepp confirmed the rumor of a Boba Fett movie in a press interview. Speaking about the spinoff movies, he said, “One of them is Boba Fett. It is. I know. I know for a fact. I will never reveal my source, but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan.”

If that name sounds familiar, it could be because he was responsible for writing some of George Lucas’ best films. Lawrence Kasdan wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark, so you know he has some serious potential to make his Star Wars spinoff the best of the bunch.
    No official casting has been revealed about any of the upcoming Star Wars films, though it has been heavily rumored that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher could be returning to play their original roles. Other casting announcements have been made, but they were more descriptors than they were actual character or actor names.
    Apparently, Disney is keeping a tight lid on everything surrounding the upcoming Star Wars films, so we probably won’t know anything until 2015 when the next film is expected to hit theaters.
    What do you think the Boba Fett movie will tell us about the infamous bounty hunter?

Star Wars fans rejoice; a Boba Fett movie is officially in the works. The Star Wars spinoffs have been rumored for a while, but everybody’s favorite bounty hunter is officially getting his own movie. Some would say it was inevitable. Ever since Disney bought out Star Wars, one of the biggest items of news has […]

The Original

• Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Star Wars fans rejoice; a Boba Fett movie is officially in the works.

Yes, just what we've all been waiting for.

Comment

• MVPete
      Old School
      • Mar 2008

As long as Jar Jar Binks isn't in it, I will check it out.

Comment

• Leftwich
        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by MVPete
        As long as Jar Jar Binks isn't in it, I will check it out.
        Pete shut the fuck up.

Originally posted by Tailback U
        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Houston

Yes, just what we've all been waiting for.
          Actually, for hardcore fans of the franchise, it's definitely what they've been waiting for. Boba and Jango Fett have been the few to have novels and games centered around them, so it's not a surprise that they would make this one of the first spin-offs.

I really hate this, because they're going to throw all of the current Expanded Universe continuity out the door though. I am not really sure how I am going to take all of this.

Comment

• Houston
            Back home
            • Oct 2008

Maybe at one time. But after the prequels, and now that we're in the age of spin-offs, reboots, remakes, sequels, adaptations, and cheap blockbusters, there's nothing really appealing about this.

Comment

• seaplus
              Posts a lot
              • Apr 2009

I'm not huge into Star Wars, but I think this could be awesome
              *<|8-D

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

A lot more interested in Star Wars episode 7.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

I'm excited.

Comment

• christguz
                    I turned into a martian
                    • Jul 2012

FPfEJbz.gif tumblr_lruutcVzBj1r3parto1_400.gif tumblr_lrutbhN6P01r3parto1_400.gif tumblr_lrzqclaHlV1r3parto1_400.gif
                    "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• dell71
                      Enter Sandman
                      • Mar 2009

Like with all things Star Wars, I'm very cautiously anticipating all this new stuff.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by dell71
                        Like with all things Star Wars, I'm very cautiously anticipating all this new stuff.
                        I didn't expect them to throw the EU out the window, but with how every other company has taken the superhero movies and done their own story, I should have expected it.

As a fan, it is definitely going to take some time to adjust to having two sets of story lines now. Also, another reason to be pessimistic is how their recent games have gone. We've gone from great games like KOTOR, Jedi Knight, X-Wing/Tie Fighter series to The Force Unleashed.

I'm sure I will be there buying everything though, but I am not setting the bar high.

Comment

• Villain
                          [REDACTED]
                          • May 2011

I really didn't like how Boba Fett was shoehorned into the Prequels. Count me out.
                          [REDACTED]

Comment

Working...