X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Random Movie Beef

We all remember when Pixar first hit the scene, going from zero to sixty in no time.

pixar.jpg

Lately however.....
    Cars%u00252B2%u00252BMovie%u00252B%u002525288%u00252529.jpg
    they've been crashing and burning to say the least.

On the flip side, Pre-Pixar, Walt Disney had a nice little stride going with Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King. Once Toy Story dropped though, Walt Disney Animations had one of the worst fall-offs in film history. Throwing out nothing but crap for literally 15 years. However, during the last few years they've been finding that sweet spot again.

Things came to an ugly head when Pixar threw out another piece of garbage and beat Wreck It Ralph, the best thing Walt Disney has created in decades.

Disney didn't take this lying down though. Revenge is a dish best served cold and retaliation shots were fired back...

Frozen-movie-poster-with-Elsa.jpg

Not only did they bitchslap Pixar by making the very film that they tried to make and failed miserably at. But they even crossed the one billion mark and knocked Toy Story 3 off the top of the animated money ladder.

With Marvel teaming up with them for their next film, will Disney continue this wave and disrespect Pixar some more...Or will Pixar get it together before they reach the point of no return?

Can't wait to see how this unfolds!
    eddie-griffin.gif
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

I understand Pixar's need to make shit like Cars and give us Monster University so we can get amazing beautiful pieces of film art like Wall-E or truly awesome stories like Up and Ratatouille...but its been too long since Toy Story 3, and god damnit, I lubbed dat movie.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      I understand Pixar's need to make shit like Cars and give us Monster University so we can get amazing beautiful pieces of film art like Wall-E or truly awesome stories like Up and Ratatouille...but its been too long since Toy Story 3, and god damnit, I lubbed dat movie.
      Pixar messed up by spreading that director's chair too thin and letting a second generation take over.

A resurgence could be on the horizon though. Up was co-directed and both of the guys have films slated for 2015*, followed by Andrew Stanton returning with Fining Dory(which I'm not excited about). This period of darkness might be over soon.

*No way they release on the same year.

Comment

• Palooza
        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
        • Feb 2009

I got beef with this upcoming weekend. The Other Woman, The Quiet Ones and Brick Mansions? Really? Three mediocre at best genre movies? GTFO, you took The Raid 2, Grand Budapest Hotel and Under the Skin out of theaters for the bullshit that came out this weekend and now this is how you do me? Adding more garbage to the docket?

Comment

• Villain
          [REDACTED]
          • May 2011

We get two Pixar moves in 2015.
          [REDACTED]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
            I got beef with this upcoming weekend. The Other Woman, The Quiet Ones and Brick Mansions? Really? Three mediocre at best genre movies? GTFO, you took The Raid 2, Grand Budapest Hotel and Under the Skin out of theaters for the bullshit that came out this weekend and now this is how you do me? Adding more garbage to the docket?
            I think i'd rather watch my dick get aids than watch Brick Mansions.

Comment

• Houston
              Back home
              • Oct 2008

Damn Avatar is really lacking....

My TV was on near mute in the background and I heard what I thought was the raptors from Jurassic Park. Got real giddy only to turn around and see it was Avatar instead.

I immediately and unintentionally compared the two, and boy does Avatar look like a useless film made by an amateur. Jurassic Park has the Brontosaurus, the egg hatching, the water in the cup, the emergence of the T-Rex, the truck falling down the tree, the power/fence sequence, the kids kitchen scene, just filled with great stuff you don't forget. Avatar has nothing...not once do I remember the movie giving any real dose of suspense or fear.

Steven Spielberg was at the top of his game, Cameron was sleeping at the wheel.

P.S.-Have to admit, this now makes me interested in seeing how Cameron approach the sequel.

Comment

• Palooza
                Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                • Feb 2009

I will never see Avatar.

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

You know it's bad when people are saying just watch a Kevin Costner film instead.

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

Got beef with whoever keeps throwing Zack Snyder projects. Batman/Superman wasn't enough, they had to give them The Justice League film also?

Comment

• Buzzman
                      • Oct 2008

I have to wonder if these next two movies are just god awful if they will end up just going back and making a Man of Steel 2 in 2019.

Comment

• Houston
                        Back home
                        • Oct 2008

Why am I just now seeing this?

Comment

• Villain
                          [REDACTED]
                          • May 2011

Awesome.
                          [REDACTED]

Comment