• Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Orphan Black (BBC America)

Season two kicks off tonight.

Here is Buzzman's take on season 1:

This was such a tease of a show that BBC America sprung upon us. I didn’t really dig the pilot of it too much and I actually stopped watching afterwards. Once the season finally ended and I heard just how much of a treat it had become, I checked back in and was instantly hooked. Every episode starting from 2 is a nonstop plot mover that never slows down and ups the bizarre while leaving you with a wicked cliffhanger that practically forces you to watch the next. The story is a little cloudy with its reveals but the true standout of the show is its lead, Tatiana Maslany. She plays the main character you’d kind of expect to be the lead, but then the show starts to introduce clones of her and each one is completely different from the other. Its fucking crazy and amazing at the same time that she can play herself in nine different forms and make you wonder if that’s really the same actress. She alone is worth a watch, but the mystery, science fiction, and pace of the show combines to create an experience that is unlike any other on TV. You definitely need to watch this.
    Below's a recap of season 1

• Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

I watched the first episode, and maybe half of the second before I turned it off. Her character wasn't believable and things were moving too fast yet they were going nowhere.

Comment

• Buzzman
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Houston
      I watched the first episode, and maybe half of the second before I turned it off. Her character wasn't believable and things were moving too fast yet they were going nowhere.
      Thats your mistake. The ending of episode 2 is when it finds its form and really has fun with the concept.

Comment

• Palooza
        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
        • Feb 2009

Orphan Black is a fun little show, but without Tatiana Malsany just being an amazing actress, this is lumped in with generic SyFy fodder, imo.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
          Orphan Black is a fun little show, but without Tatiana Malsany just being an amazing actress, this is lumped in with generic SyFy fodder, imo.
          This... but ... I love this show.

Anybody still watching?

Comment

• Youk
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
            This... but ... I love this show.

Anybody still watching?
            No, but now that Mad Men took a turn in season 4, it might be time for something new.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Youk
              No, but now that Mad Men took a turn in season 4, it might be time for something new.
              Warning, there is a gay character. He doesn't kiss any boys on screen, YET ... but if he does ... not sure society will be able to handle it.

Comment

• Palooza
                Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                • Feb 2009

Fe and Allison

This show ups the stakes every week, I digs it.

Comment

Working...