Redsox
    • Oct 2008

Chipper: Mets And Phillies Can't Keep Their Mouths Shut

Phillies have a right to talk. They just won the world series
  • spidey12293
    Silly Gallo
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by nymetsfan1575
    But haven't done anything to upgrade their team. Mets also won the season series, so they actually don't have a right to talk. Both teams need to stfu.
    last time i checked world series > season series.
    and it doesn't matter how much the mets improve, there just going to choke again

Comment

• spidey12293
      Silly Gallo
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Phish
      Did I say anything about the Phillies being good at all during that streak? Please inform me if I said anything about the Phillies in my post. I'll record the post right here for the idiots like pc because it seems as if they can't read. (That's right my friends. Chipper should keep his mouth shut, sure they won the division 14 years straight...but only won the WS once. 1/14.....not too good buddy.) Besides, Chipper shouldn't have anything to talk about. They made the playoffs 14 straight years and bombed in the playoffs I think 11 or 12 straight years (too lazy to research).
      err...i wouldnt call winning a world series 1 in 14 years bad. i know a lot of teams that would take a world series and 14 playoff appearances.

Comment

• Obst
        RIP West
        • Oct 2008

Brad Lidge is going to be a joke this year, he'll return to the same form he was in before last season.
        Can you give me any factual evidence of this? Because this is just a statement of what you WANT to happen opposed to an actual fact.

This is an actual fact:

13-12 last September. What it came down to was our bullpen and you can see that. Twenty something blown saves. Ridiculous.
        And you signed the closer with the most blown saves last season. So where did you improve? His ERA was higher than Lidge's and obviously blew more saves.

Now here is my opinion, you signed another Billy Wagner.

Comment

• Mit
          very nice..how much?
          • Dec 2008

I agree with Chipper. Shut up and just play.

Comment

• AJay
            Fighter of the Nightman
            • Oct 2008

Ya gotta agree with Jones here. I can't stand the Phils and Mets constant bickering. Shut up and play the game.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

This is why Chipper is my favourite player in the MLB. Win with class, like the Braves did for 14 years. Mind you.. had they actually won a few world series' out of it, Chipper might feel differently.

But the Mets got no reason to talk, they've choked HUGE 2 years in a row.

Comment

Working...