Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigDuke
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by killgod
    In any event, having a division of 4 teams and a division of 6 is utterly the stupiest idea ever.
    I don't agree with breaking up the Sox and Yanks, but they do need to get each division equally numbered.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

In any event, having a division of 4 teams and a division of 6 is utterly the stupiest idea ever.
      Yeah, they need just have the Houston Astros go to the AL West so everything will be evened out. Thats really all that needs to happen.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        Yeah, they need just have the Houston Astros go to the AL West so everything will be evened out. Thats really all that needs to happen.
        Only problem with is there would always have to be an interleague series and since for some reason the MLB thinks too much interleague play is a bad idea I don't think it would happen.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
          Only problem with is there would always have to be an interleague series and since for some reason the MLB thinks too much interleague play is a bad idea I don't think it would happen.
          There can still be inter league play. All that is happening is the Astros going to the AL West. I don't get how there would be a problem with inter league play because of that.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
            Redsox
            • Oct 2008

There can still be inter league play. All that is happening is the Astros going to the AL West. I don't get how there would be a problem with inter league play because of that.
            Yeah, but you would have to have inter league play throughout the whole season instead of just in May/June if you made made each league 15 teams.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Yeah, but you would have to have inter league play throughout the whole season instead of just in May/June if you made made each league 15 teams.
              Care to explain why 15/15 means all season long interleague when 16/14 doesn't?

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                Redsox
                • Oct 2008

Care to explain why 15/15 means all season long interleague when 16/14 doesn't?
                Because with 15 teams if they did just AL vs AL and NL vs NL there would always be 1 team in each league left over forcing an inter league series at all times. I wouldn't be against it but I think that is one of the reasons the MLB keeps it how it is.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

Because with 15 teams if they did just AL vs AL and NL vs NL there would always be 1 team in each league left over forcing an inter league series at all times. I wouldn't be against it but I think that is one of the reasons the MLB keeps it how it is.
                  Huh, can't believe I didn't peice that together myself. Forgot to think that these guys play every day.

In any case, balanced divisions are a must or else shit doesn't make sense. This needs to be accomplished one way or the other.

Folding 2 franchises, divisions would have to go 7x4

Adding 2 franchises, divisions would have to go 4x8.

Or play by equal rules across the league and let interleague be not such a big deal.

Seems to be the only ways they could do it.

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I want Toronto out of the AL East.
                    It's like a 100-lb. girl facing a steroid freak who's 300 lbs.
                    I want my team to at least have a fighting chance before the season starts.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

The hardest thing about a realignment is the different rules between leagues. Some of these teams have been built around having a DH and not having a DH. On any given team in the league, they each probably have a handful of players signed for strategy around that rule.
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                        The hardest thing about a realignment is the different rules between leagues. Some of these teams have been built around having a DH and not having a DH. On any given team in the league, they each probably have a handful of players signed for strategy around that rule.
                        Great point. Obviously if announced you would want to announce it a few seasons before the change so teams could tweak rosters etc to get DH's and what not.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                          RIP West
                          • Jul 2009

Fuck that, I like the AL West with 4 teams. Better chance to win the division (ironic that we havnt in quite some time though).

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Damnit, thats an excellent point. I guess we all now know the reason for having 16 in one division and 14 in the other.

Comment

Working...