Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

First Half Surprises/Disappointments

The Reds should be everyones surprise team. They showed talent but never lived up ti it till now.

Player: Brennan Boesch. He was the Tigers 34th ranked minir league player yet is having a better season then 90% of MLB players with 20 less games.

Disappointments:

Team: Brewers

Player: Adam Jones from Baltimore.
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
    The Reds should be everyones surprise team. They showed talent but never lived up ti it till now.
    Biggest team surprise for me is the Padres... tied for the 2nd most wins in the majors with the 29th highest payroll.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Chrispy
      Needs a hobby
      • Dec 2008

Surprises:

Team: Padres
      Player: Joey Votto, knew he was good but he is probably the top 1B in the NL

Disappointments:

Team: Seattle Mariners
      Player: Chone Figgins

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Player: Brennan Boesch. He was the Tigers 34th ranked minir league player yet is having a better season then 90% of MLB players with 20 less games.

Disappointments:

Team: Brewers

Player: Adam Jones from Baltimore.
        Then is it really a surprise?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

How about Jose Bautista for biggest surprise? Sure he still cant hit for avg, but 21 HRs thru the first half and his play in the OF have both been way beyond expected.

Biggest disappointment for me is Adam Lind and Aaron Hill.. the Jays might be able to legit compete for a wild card spot if those guys would just get their shit together.

Comment

• Buzzman
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            Then is it really a surprise?
            yea. IF you show talent for 5 years but always finish 15 games below .500 its a surprise when you do a 360 and are in 1st place.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

yea. IF you show talent for 5 years but always finish 15 games below .500 its a surprise when you do a 360 and are in 1st place.
              I woulda rgue the surprise for the last 5 years...this year was finally living up to expectations.

Comment

• nflman2033
                George Brett of VSN
                • Apr 2009

funny 2 years ago i compared Joey Vottos numbers to Ryan Howards glad to see that he keeps proving me right, as a reds fan its hard to be suprised with Joey Votto, however when you look at the Reds on paper they didn't look this good, certainly not without Volquez, so I am still actually surprised

Comment

Working...