X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blade
    Walking SAM site
    • Feb 2009

And down goes Howard...

Last but not least..........I mean for chrissakes, will the Phils ever catch break this year!?!

We have Shane, Utley and Howard on the DL at the same time. Ibanez was gettin hot and he got hurt. Who the hell do we even have hittin any more?!? Ross frikkin Gload!?!?

• Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

The Red Sox say pffffffffft.

Sucks though. I still think you guys are better than the Braves, i'm mystified by the success they've had with that roster.

Comment

• Blade
      Walking SAM site
      • Feb 2009

Yea I feel for Boston, but they still got former all-stars backing up their starters at some positions. We got Ross Fuckin Gload, Wilson Valdez(who's doing a good job) and others who are don't have a spoon full of talent the injured starters have.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Annnnd now the Phils are losing the backups that were playing well, in the form of Ross Gload.

Comment

• mobbdeep1122
          I just win
          • May 2009

The injuries have been crazy this year, it seemed like we were due for one of these kind of years. To their credit though, they're still battling and are within reach of the division and wild card.

Hopefully we have a full lineup on Sep. 1 and can roll from there.

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mobbdeep1122
            The injuries have been crazy this year, it seemed like we were due for one of these kind of years. To their credit though, they're still battling and are within reach of the division and wild card.

Difference between the Phils and the Mets psychologically right there. And very vindicating after hearing Mutts fans whine about how the Phils would tank too if they lost their best players.

Comment

• mobbdeep1122
              I just win
              • May 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
              Difference between the Phils and the Mets psychologically right there. And very vindicating after hearing Mutts fans whine about how the Phils would tank too if they lost their best players.
              Hahah, yeah really. That's all you heard from Mets fans last year. "Well, if you lost Howard, Utley, Rollins and Victorino, your season would be over, too!"

...not so much.

Comment

• Blade
                Walking SAM site
                • Feb 2009

Annnnd now the Phils are losing the backups that were playing well, in the form of Ross Gload.
                Gload was a beast! That dude was hitting .380 since starting. Dobbs should go home, but now we gotta keep the bum because of this injury.

Hopefully not too much of a drop off with Sweeney, maybe he will be like Oswalt and sniff that penant race smell and go ape the rest of the year, like he did with KC all those years.

Originally posted by mobbdeep1122

Credit goes to Uncle Cholly for that IMHO. That guy keeps everyone loose and focused at the same time. Not many guys can do it and he does. Notice how we haven't heard anyone chirp from the media to the small percentage of idiots on the Philly bandwagon criticize or make fun of his Fudd-ian accent.

Also, how about Wilson Frikkin Valdez!?! The dude may not be an offensive horse, but good God does he makes plays in the field! And I notice he is pretty clutch at the plate too.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

This team is starting to come together, just like last year. I was at the game tonight and ALMOST left when the Dodgers blew it up...so thankful that I didn't. Almost as thankful as I am for Chooooooooch.

Comment

• Blade
                    Walking SAM site
                    • Feb 2009

I was tired and turned the game off in the 5th..........and then I saw the score 9-6 in the 9th, so went back to it........thank god I did.

Comment

• mobbdeep1122
                      I just win
                      • May 2009

This team is starting to come together, just like last year. I was at the game tonight and ALMOST left when the Dodgers blew it up...so thankful that I didn't. Almost as thankful as I am for Chooooooooch.
                      Nice - I was there too! I was hanging over the bullpen in Ashburn Alley all night. Great game!!

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Another ballbuster of a game for the best 7-9 pitcher in baseball. How do you stink so much at Citi Field that the ONLY hit you manage to get comes from your pitcher!? If I were Hamels, I'd have punched somebody by now. In his last two starts he's thrown 15 innings, walked 2, struck out 19 and given up only 2 runs...AND LOST BOTH. WTF!?

Comment

• Blade
                          Walking SAM site
                          • Feb 2009

News is frikking Utley's gonna be back by mid week. That dude is a freak. Guy always comes back early from injury. Then maybe in a week or so The Big Piece is coming back too. Goddamn I hope this fixes the offense.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
                              Those goddamn good for nothing Dodgers.

Comment

Working...