X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Edgar Renteria to Reds?

Renteria is telling anyone who will listen that he has accepted a 1-year, $3M (if incentives are reached) offer. Reds have not announced anything yet.

Cabrera out, Renteria in, pretty much a wash, but everyone seems to think Paul Janish will start anyway.

-Reds also signed Jeremy Hermida to replace Laynce Nix as the LH OF off the bench.

-Looks like Chapman will stay in the bullpen this year, replacing Arthur Rhodes as the LH setup man.

So...

Renteria replaces Cabrera
    Hermida replaces Nix
    Chapman replaces Rhodes

The rest of the team is coming back, no more major moves are likely. Lots of young players who should be better, biggest worry is if Rolen hold up for another year hitting behind Votto.
  • Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

As a Brewers fan, the Reds are a huge worries for us this year. I actually really like the Reds too so it kind of sucks they are in the same division. As long as they take care of the Cubs and Chicago loses 100 games, I'm a happy man. Should be one hell of an NL Central race this year and the first time in a while the NL Central has really been a power division.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Eh, I like Edgar but he's pretty much over the hill. Sub-.700 OPS two of the last three years, and barely topped it last year in a limited role. As for Chapman, I thought he'd be transitioning into a starter role this year?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by North
        Eh, I like Edgar but he's pretty much over the hill. Sub-.700 OPS two of the last three years, and barely topped it last year in a limited role. As for Chapman, I thought he'd be transitioning into a starter role this year?
        All signs point to Janish starting at SS, but they also said that last year. And the year before. All glove, no stick.

The last time Jocketty talked about Chapman, he said as of right now he's a RP, with a long term goal of starting. They don't want to yank him back and forth. They have 7 legitimate SP's headed into camp, and for some reason they still signed Dontrelle Willis and tried ton sign Brandon Webb. Looks like relief for 2011.

Sidenote- this is the final year of Cordero's deal, and he was shaky last year. Maybe if these young starters all pan out nicely, the plan is to make Chapman a closer. Who knows.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

He's over the hill, but you can't argue against those numbers in the World Series.

Comment

Working...