Fantasy Trade opinions

A buddy of mine sent me this trade offer:

He gets:
    Adrian Beltre

I get:
    Ian Stewart
    Francisco Rodriguez

I told him "not interested" and gave him my reasons which included:

- Not interested in K-Rod and his unpredictable behavior...if he loses it again this season the Mets are likely to void his contract rendering him useless to me

- Stewart, as a career average, doesn't have as high of an OPS+ or ISO as Beltre

- While Beltre seems to only perform in contract years, the lineup he is in now lends me to believe he will be somewhat productive and I feel he will be more productive than Stewart. Plus, he has hit well in Texas over the course of his career

I also have Ryan Zimmerman at 3B as well, so I am willing to deal Beltre though. My counter-offer was:

I get:
    Robinson Cano

He gets:
    Adrian Beltre

Am I asking for too much? I think it's a fair trade-off. I think his offer was sub-standard.
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Neither trade is fair. If you want Cano, you're going to have to give up more then Beltre.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
      Neither trade is fair. If you want Cano, you're going to have to give up more then Beltre.
      I don't necessarily "want" Cano. He is the only player on his roster that I am willing to accept to move Beltre. Being that we are using ESPN I can start both Beltre and Zimmerman at the same time. I have no need to move him, I just know he needs a 3B and he approached me, but, I felt like his offer was pretty poor.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Cant analyze a trade without seeing both rosters, knowing all of the scoring/rules, etc.

For example, if you are playing roto and have shitty/no closers, but plenty of offense, I would have done the first trade.

I think Beltre had a fluke year, i'd unload him if I were you. I kinda like the first offer, but again, I dont know your roster makeup or scoring.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Cant analyze a trade without seeing both rosters, knowing all of the scoring/rules, etc.

For example, if you are playing roto and have shitty/no closers, but plenty of offense, I would have done the first trade.

I think Beltre had a fluke year, i'd unload him if I were you. I kinda like the first offer, but again, I dont know your roster makeup or scoring.
          Rotisserie scoring for position players (avg, HR, RBI, SB, R) & pitchers (W, SV, WHIP, K, ERA).

My Team:

C: Geovany Soto
          1B: Kendry Morales, Billy Butler & James Loney
          2B: Brandon Phillips
          3B: Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Beltre & Chase Headley
          SS: Hanley Ramirez & Derek Jeter
          OF: Josh Hamilton, Andrew McCutcheon, Jay Bruce, Vernon Wells, Carlos Beltran & Johnny Damon

SP: Max Scherzer, Johnny Cueto, Ted Lilly, Matt Garza, Daniel Hudson, Colby Lewis & Travis Wood

RP: Frank Francisco & Drew Storen

Friend's Team:

C: Brian McCann & Matt Wieters
          1B: Paul Konerko, Freddie Freeman & Justin Smoak
          2B: Robinson Cano & Howie Kendrick
          3B: Ian Stewart
          SS: Alexi Ramirez
          OF: Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Grady Sizemore, Manny Ramirez, Jose Tabata, Dexter Fowler & Logan Morrison

SP: Jon Lester, Ubaldo Jimenez, Cole Hamels, Clay Buccholz & Edinson Volquez

RP: Joakim Soria, Jonathan Broxton, Francisco Rodriguez & Jose Valverde

Like I said, I don't mind letting Beltre go - I just don't have to let him go. So, I didn't feel I was getting enough in return for him with Stewart and Rodriguez. I know I'm weak in the saves dept, but, I want no part of K-Rod. I would consider Soria though.

Comment

• Goober
            Needs a hobby
            • Feb 2009

Your pitching is pretty weak, I would ask for Hamels or Buccholz.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

You have a million DH options and need saves. I like the first offer.

Comment

Working...