X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Griffey signs with Braves

The Seattle Times reports that Ken Griffey Jr. and the Braves have agreed to terms on a one-year contract "worth between $2 and $3 million in total compensation."

Griffey once appeared headed back to the Mariners, but instead opts for the Braves despite a relatively modest payday. Playing in the South may have been the deciding factor for Griffey, who will take over as the Braves' starting left fielder while likely pushing Matt Diaz into a part-time role. While a shell of his former self, Griffey remains productive against right-handed pitching and can be hidden somewhat defensively in a corner spot.
  • Gonzo
    Colts Supremicist
    • Dec 2008

boooooooooooooooooooooo. go back to seattle.

Comment

• manchild24
      Kyle got fired
      • Nov 2008

I would have loved to see him finish in seattle, would have been a great story to a great career.

Im just reporting them as I read them. BUT when someone reports this and a guy, coach, team says I havent done ...... its done deal 99% of the time.

Comment

• Mit
        very nice..how much?
        • Dec 2008

Very nice signing for the Braves. He should be a good mentor to Heyward and Schafer.

Comment

• PNovak
          No longer a noob
          • Dec 2008

Please let this not be true. I just read that he told MLB.com that it's not official so hopefully something changes his mind and he goes to Seattle. Lets face it. Neither team is winning the World Series this year so why not go to Seattle, finish your career there, and solidify yourself as the golden boy of baseball for the last 20 years!
          I LOVE VSN

Comment

• Irish
            do you see my jesus chain
            • Oct 2008

GO TO SEATTLE!! PLEASE!!!

It would be a great ending to his career, the Braves move will not help him at all

Comment

• Point Blank
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

Meh..Didn't see this coming.

Comment

• PNovak
                No longer a noob
                • Dec 2008

Maybe for 10 games. If that.
                I LOVE VSN

Comment

• manchild24
                  Kyle got fired
                  • Nov 2008

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution wrote Wednesday morning that "there's still no doubt in my mind" Ken Griffey Jr. will sign with the Braves.

Everyone in Atlanta seemed to think it was a done deal yesterday until Griffey said that he was "still kicking things around" and hadn't made a decision between the Braves and Mariners. Chipper Jones told O'Brien that "all signs are good" after speaking to Griffey regularly this week. "I think he feels like he owes Seattle their due respect," Jones said. "He said he’d talk to the guys out there."

Comment

• PNovak
                    No longer a noob
                    • Dec 2008

FUCK, you owe Seattle their due respect by fucking around with us? If you are going to sign with Atlanta then sign with them already. All he is doing is giving Seattle fans false hope.
                    I LOVE VSN

Comment

Working...