X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Report: Griffey chooses Mariners over Braves

A source close to Ken Griffey Jr. is confirming that the future Hall of Famer has opted to sign with the Mariners instead of the Braves.

Griffey is expected to sign a one-year, $2 million deal that could earn him $4 million in incentives. Meanwhile, the Braves lose out on yet another free agent bid after it appeared that Griffey joining Atlanta was a done deal earlier this week. Griffey is expected to join Mariners camp in time to potentially take part in workouts this weekend.

My sources better get their shit straight
  • jags224
    El Contusion
    • Oct 2008

where he begun
    "From the time he hits the court, he plays at a competitive level that you rarely see," Popovich says. "He does the exact same things that Kobe (Bryant) does, that Michael Jordan did.

Comment

• Irish
      do you see my jesus chain
      • Oct 2008

GRIFFEY PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!

Comment

• The Messenger
        • Nov 2008

Griffey's stupid for this. Unless he has a great season, fans in Seattle will now remember him as a washed-up sluggish outfielder who didn't know when his time was up.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by The Messenger
          Griffey's stupid for this. Unless he has a great season, fans in Seattle will now remember him as a washed-up sluggish outfielder who didn't know when his time was up.
          How is it stupid? Mariner fans will welcome him back with open arms. And if he is the DH I can see him having a somewhat decent season.

Comment

• Chrispy
            Needs a hobby
            • Dec 2008

This is true, this is cool for him, back where he started

Comment

• PNovak
              No longer a noob
              • Dec 2008

I pray that this is true!!! This would make my baseball year if it was.
              I LOVE VSN

Comment

• Bomberooski
                #GoHawks
                • Feb 2009

So so pumped about this. It doesn't help the team in terms of their chances at a World Series or even the post season. BUT it brings some much needed excitement to a team that was terribly stale last year.
                I give rep not thanks
                My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Bomberooski
                  #GoHawks
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PNovak
                  I pray that this is true!!! This would make my baseball year if it was.
                  Sources tell ESPN.com that Ken Griffey Jr. has decided to sign with the Mariners.

For your reading pleasure!
                  I give rep not thanks
                  My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• PNovak
                    No longer a noob
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                    So so pumped about this. It doesn't help the team in terms of their chances at a World Series or even the post season. BUT it brings some much needed excitement to a team that was terribly stale last year.
                    Originally posted by Bomberooski
                    I just read the Seattle Times Article. I am so damn happy right now. I really was hoping this would happen. He won't magically take us into playoff contention but it gives Seattle a huge shot of excitement that the city really needs. This make the Sonics fiasco and the Seahawks losing seem like it never happened. I'm going to buy a Griffey jersey as soon as they hit the web.
                    I LOVE VSN

Comment

• Bomberooski
                      #GoHawks
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PNovak
                      I just read the Seattle Times Article. I am so damn happy right now. I really was hoping this would happen. He won't magically take us into playoff contention but it gives Seattle a huge shot of excitement that the city really needs. This make the Sonics fiasco and the Seahawks losing seem like it never happened. I'm going to buy a Griffey jersey as soon as they hit the web.
                      Listening to KJR radio is Seattle. Pandemonium is ensuing (good and bad). Best part of the night... A drunk Norm Charlton calls the hotline and drops "sh** and fu** within a minute before the hosts finally hang up on him laughing. Meanwhile they forget to hit the delay! Oh well, Griffey will pay for the fine.
                      I give rep not thanks
                      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• PNovak
                        No longer a noob
                        • Dec 2008

Haha, screw Norm Charlton.

Good video by ESPN on the last few days. Just hit next til you find it.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId="/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
                        Last edited by PNovak; 02-19-2009, 02:54 AM.
                        I LOVE VSN

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Another L for Frank Wren this offseason. More salt in the wound.

As a Braves fan, I had already gotten myself stoked for Griff coming to Atlanta. But I am still a JR fan and am happy for Seattle and for him that he gets to end his career the way he started it.

Wish you coulda been a Brave, Junior, but I wish you all the best. One of my favorite athletes of all time, just a shame I could never cheer for you as a member of my team.

We were so close to landing Griffey so many different times, it always seemed like he was destined to become a Brave at some point.

oh well though, back to the drawing board when it comes to getting us an OF.

Comment

• Point Blank
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Oct 2008

Good choice by Griffey.

Comment

• JRoZe410
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Random Hero
                              Hopefully this is true. Would be great to see him retire in a Mariners uni.
                              Yea, I think everyone in the world wants to see this even people who are not fans of the M's.

Comment

Working...