X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

Alex Rodriguez Has Really Got To Learn To Keep His Mouth Shut

"First, there was Joe Torre's book and A-Fraud. Then came the steroids. Yesterday, Alex Rodriguez found out he could miss the World Baseball Classic with a cyst on his hip.

And then he made an incredibly stupid comment.

After taking an underhanded swipe at Derek Jeter in 2001, A-Rod has done it again eight years later. Only this time, he didn't glorify himself: he glorified the speedy infielder in Flushing.

"I wish (Reyes) was leading off on our team or playing on our team. That’s fun to watch," said A-Rod. While not an overt jab at the Captain, it certainly seems that way. After all, why else would he be pining for a different shortstop?

Of course, he tried to retract his statement, but managed to flub that, too. Rather than take it back or clarify it himself, he told a PR rep to announce that it wasn't a shot at Jeter...without offering another explanation.

If A-Rod wanted to compliment Reyes, he could have done so without bringing his own team into the conversation. Especially considering his history with Jeter, he really should have thought before he spoke."

- Bleacher Report
  • Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

He's been on 'roids. That's something the Yankees seem to have in common.

Comment

• Primetime
      Thank You Prince
      • Nov 2008

I have a funny feeling he's going to have a great start to the season and gets some respect. God only knows that will happen in October though.

Comment

• Scorask
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime232
        God only knows that will happen in October though.
        If the Yanks make the playoffs, A-rod will go 3-20 in the first round, 3 rbi, and a .000 average with runners in scoring position. What more would you expect? But if he wins MVP it will be a good season!

Comment

• Herm
          Boomshakalaka
          • Oct 2008

Trade him to Cleveland, he can spout off all he wants

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

I bet A-Rod has an MVP year this year and the Yankee fans fall in love with him all over again..

Comment

• Youk
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

I bet he's out until May, the Yankees miss the playoffs, and A-Rod has a below average year.

He's an idiot, there's plenty of ways to go out there and say that Reyes is a great player. Easily could have said just that. But of course he says something stupid that starts controversy.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

I dont really care about any of these assholes........just produce and win.:pissed:

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Questioning Jeter, even indirectly, is the opposite of what you should say A-Rod. He just hasn't got it yet. DJ epitomizes what Yankee means and A-Rod is a fucking joke.

Reyes over Jeter? Really? What has Jose won in his career? He's a great player no doubt but GTFO A-Rod, you'd rather have Jose leading your team than Jeter? LOL

Comment

• Chrispy
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Dec 2008

I bet u if this guy was on your team from when the yankees got him u guys wouldn't be complaining

Comment

• Scorask
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
                      I bet u if this guy was on your team from when the yankees got him u guys wouldn't be complaining
                      How have the Yankee's done since aquiring him? Great Baseball Player* he is, but the Yankees are in a downward spiral that could be attributed to him. From the greatest colapse in sports history, 2004 ALCS, to finishing 3rd last year behind the Sox and Rays, that is un-acceptable to Yankee standards. And the best part is they have him for 9 more years, lol!

Disclaimer- I am a Nomar fan so I never wanted A-rod in Boston from the beginning, thankfully it never worked out!

Comment

• Chrispy
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Dec 2008

I dont see how they lost four straight times, but u can't put that all on arod, Baseball is a team sport, not a one person sport. Last year our pitching sucked because Steinbrenner brought Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes up to soon. Hopefully with arod getting this stuff off his chest he'll be able to perform better in the playoffs with alot of the pressure gone. You can't put all the blame on one person for the Yankees failure the past few seasons.

Comment

• Youk
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
                          I dont see how they lost four straight times, but u can't put that all on arod, Baseball is a team sport, not a one person sport. Last year our pitching sucked because Steinbrenner brought Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes up to soon. Hopefully with arod getting this stuff off his chest he'll be able to perform better in the playoffs with alot of the pressure gone. You can't put all the blame on one person for the Yankees failure the past few seasons.
                          It's a team sport, but one player failing can kill a team's offense. If a team knows ARod isn't producing, then it can ruin the Yankees gameplan. Whoever is behind ARod has zero protection, and if he's an easy out, then there goes 1/3 of your opportunities.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Scud
                            He's so far from a Yankee.. I hate the guy.
                            Isn't a Yankee a player, who is usually two years past his prime, paid a ridiculous amount of money to either barely miss the playoffs or lose in the first round?

Comment

• IamMedellin
                              Everything Burns...
                              • Nov 2008

lol.....Yankee fans were fun coming off of 2yrs w/o a title....
                              after blowing a 3-0 lead to the sawx theyre just too easy a target....

If A-rod was an actual human being Id feel bad for him....

but since he's just a hollow P.R image......I feel nothin ...

Comment

Working...